PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Thread for Those Going to Indianapolis for Super Bowl XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to clarify since my post wasn't terribly clear...

There will be a $200 cover charge for the game. This includes $50 of food and drinks. Sorry if that wasn't clear in the original post. You aren't going to find anything cheaper than that downtown.

This isn't that bad of a deal, I suppose, if you're looking to "tailgate" with other Pats fans for four or five hours before the game. Parking costs will also be outrageous plus the weather won't be great so I imagine a majority of the 70,000 people going to the game will try to hit up the local bars.

But for people like me who will try, and most likely fail, to get tickets right up to kickoff and will be looking for a bar to simply watch the game this is a terrible deal.

I went to a playoff game in Indy in 2005 between Indy and the Steelers. There are lots of bars around in downtown Indy, not that far from the stadium (the old stadium, where I went to the game, is right in downtown). Lots of "tailgating" in the bars before the game. No cover that I can remember, but it wasn't the Superbowl and it was 6 years ago now. Will Spencer's be charging a cover prior to the game? The day before the game? I would like to party with Pats fans, but I don't want to pay a lot for the pleasure (no offense to all my fellow fans!).

A group of 10 of us are driving down from Boston to watch the game down there. JoeFromIndy, that is the kind of place we are looking for, a place with all Pats fans. Although 200$ is def out of our price range. We would love to reserve a spot "RSVP" if you will if we can work something out $ wise. If not, all good. Couldn't PM because I am new here and you need 15 posts to do so.

Thanks.

Hmm ... Are you REALLY a Patriots fan, or just a "fan" for this game? Seems odd that Patriots fans would run a bar across the street from the Colts' stadium.

Just curious what the other $150 pays for after someone has consumed the $50 worth of food and drinks ... And what do you get for the $50? Lobster, caviar and champagne?

Yes we're really Patriots fans. I don't know how to validate that for you - so I won't try.

We turned down a rather large offer from a corporate bidder to lease the bar for the week so we could enjoy the game with Patriots fans, because we've been fans for decades. If you have an issue with the price I understand that - but it is what it is.

The food is above average bar food. Hope that answers your questions.

Yes we're really Patriots fans. I don't know how to validate that for you - so I won't try.

We turned down a rather large offer from a corporate bidder to lease the bar for the week so we could enjoy the game with Patriots fans, because we've been fans for decades. If you have an issue with the price I understand that - but it is what it is.

The food is above average bar food. Hope that answers your questions.

Just yankin' your chain, Joe. I've become quite jaded by the annual Super Bowl cash grab.

I'll be going to the Super Bowl. Right in front of my television set, and yelling from my couch.

Ill be making the trip out there -- no tickets. First Super Bowl. Is it common for the bars to have such high covers for the game on Sunday? Or will there be places to watch it without paying a cover? (tents, bars, etc?)

Are there any Pats fans who live in Indy? You guys can witness the enire thing.

I am proud to say that I am from the great Patriot state of NE and found my way to Indy. Unfortunately, we are the minority here but plan on showing my support every day downtown. I've been listening to Indy fan crap for years and am truly looking forward to payback! The great thing about dt Indy is that everything is within an 8-10 block radius, so once you get there, you merely walk around and be in the middle of all goings on.

Just yankin' your chain, Joe. I've become quite jaded by the annual Super Bowl cash grab.

I understand - and we're no different. This bar was purchased with the Super Bowl in mind, so we're part of the cash grab. The intention was to lease it out for a healthy sum - but now that the Patriots made it, we want to be there for it, with Pats fans.

Ill be making the trip out there -- no tickets. First Super Bowl. Is it common for the bars to have such high covers for the game on Sunday? Or will there be places to watch it without paying a cover? (tents, bars, etc?)

The cover charge is unfortunate - but if you're within proximity to the event there will very likely be a very stiff charge anywhere you go. Just to be clear, we've never charged cover charges for anything in the past - but the Superbowl (particularly where we're located) makes it hard not to do so.

That's not to say there won't be places who aren't less expensive... I just haven't heard about them.

Hey guys this is a question for those of you who have been to the Super Bowl in previous years. How long before kick off should one get to the stadium, I think they have security checks?

Thanks and GO PATS!!

Want a date to the game?! LOL I can't believe this, cheapest tickets I can find are $2200 :(

I went to a playoff game in Indy in 2005 between Indy and the Steelers. There are lots of bars around in downtown Indy, not that far from the stadium (the old stadium, where I went to the game, is right in downtown). Lots of "tailgating" in the bars before the game. No cover that I can remember, but it wasn't the Superbowl and it was 6 years ago now. Will Spencer's be charging a cover prior to the game? The day before the game? I would like to party with Pats fans, but I don't want to pay a lot for the pleasure (no offense to all my fellow fans!).

There will be a minimum purchase requirement (like food/beverage tickets) of $50 in the days before the game - but no cover charge to speak of.

I need to figure out if the Thursday night party will have a cover charge. I'll find that out today and let you all know.

Many who will be going to Indy as their first Super Bowl will definitely experience sticker shock. Everything is over-priced, especially if it is in a good location or has any connection to the NFL.

Spencer's Stadium Tavern will be full on game day even with that cover charge simply because of their prime location.

I'll also point out that it is the only registered Patriots fan club in Indianapolis.

Anyone is welcome to suggest other locations for those that have a tighter budget. If you get further away from Downtown and the stadium then you will definitely find more affordable options.

Just as an FYI - ticket prices on broker websites have started to drop slightly (by several hundred dollars). If we can all hang on and play blind man's bluff, maybe there will be significant price drops over the weekend (fingers crossed).

I have a parking pass that I won't be using. I bought it for $76 with the fees and will charge you that.

here are all the details. if interested drop me an [email protected]

I have 1 yellow parking pass that I don't need for the Super Bowl

I am selling this for what I paid $76.

I will provide free shipping via USPS Priority Mail. Payment must be via Paypal.

You can see the map below:

The parking pass is in lot Yellow E.

This parking pass cost $76 with the fees

Item(s) Ordered:
Price:
1 Yellow Garage E - STANDARD AUTOMOBILE Parking
Standard size vehicles include Car, Van, SUV, Sedan, and Town Car. No Tailgating. 6'10'' clearance.

Super Bowl XLVI - General Spectator & Vehicle For Hire - Lucas Oil Stadium
Indianapolis, IN - 02/05/2012 18:30
Sunday, February 5, 2012 6:30 PM
$50.00
Item(s) Subtotal: $50.00
Service Fee: $10.00
Shipping / Handling: $16.00
(FED EX EXPRESS SAVER)
Total Charges: $76.00

I will be taking public transportation and no longer need this.

https://sbxlvi.clickandpark.com/assets/sbxlvi-parking-6371775937d30507bf6a01748fa8dd25.pdf

This will be my first super bowl. I am coming to this with a family member. We got tickets through Pats via Club Member of 25+ years. We are flying into Cincy on Saturday. Rented a car for $12 a day for 2 days. Staying 20-30 minutes outside of Indy. Also, looking for a tailgate spot on Sunday. $200 is steep, but I can imagine everywhere will be busy. Would love to meet up with other Pat fans tailgating especially if the group of 10 people get a tailgate spot or something.

hopefully by gameday we will have more details on where we pats fan can all hang out at a reasonable budget.

I am origionally from West Newton MA but have lived here in Indy since 1989. I am volunteering at the Super Bowl and can't wait! Starting this Saturday I'll be at the NFL Experience and then on game day I am at the Game Day Fan Plaza, but not sure what exactly I'll be doing. Unfortunately there were no volunteer positions INSIDE the stadium. If I can score a ticket I'll be at the game though! Still searching. The lowest price I've found is $2400. I did get tickets for Media Day so at least if I don't go to the game I'll get to see all my boys that day.

I would LOVE to meet the team when they arrive at the airport. If anyone finds out exactly when they are arriving here on Sunday can you post it?

I was hoping to go watch the game somewhere downtown after I am done volunteering that day but sorry I am not paying $200. I just read about that Pats Bar today and was hoping to go there but I guess I'll just go home and watch for free.

Oh and all you fans coming to Indy, let's show these Indy fans we have CLASS! The Colts fans here are all for Eli and saying nasty things about the Patriots and the fans.

If anyone has any questions about the area, let me know and I'll see if I can help you out!

Re: Pats parties in Indy

Did anybody go to Houston? We went to Buffalo Wildwings when we couldn't find tickets. I think it was something like $20.00 for all the wings you could eat and $.25 drafts all night. We started partying at 4:30 amd passed out in the taxi on the way home after the game. There are like 15 Buffalo Wildwings in Indy, my guess is that there will be a Super Bowl party that will cost less than $200.

If I can find one I will post it here. If anybody else finds parties please post the specifics here. There is a sports bar in Indianapolis that will let Patriot's fans take it over for a few days next week, and watch the game for less than $200 plus drinks.

Im was at Houston.

I was across the highway at the Cajun place (cannot recall the name) no cover charge, but I dropped a bundle and left a healthy tip.

Im sending you a PM, if you find a place where you dont need anal lube to get in, please contact me. Id like to be able to sit down and watch the game.

hopefully by gameday we will have more details on where we pats fan can all hang out at a reasonable budget.

I wish you could all come to my house!

Seriously, I hope so too. If I hear of anywhere else I'll let you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore