PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jaguars Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th Quarter... 12:41 remaining. Patriots take over on their own 20.

Result: 20 plays, 73 yards, 12 minutes 12 seconds

THAT, is Patriot football my friends. I'm smelling a little bit of a killer instinct brewing.

Yep. Hello Fred Taylor and a stable of healthy RBs.

Killer instinct? Not until some leaders step forward on the defense. Mayo made a strong case today. Merriweather can make plays but isn't a leader. I'm liking how James Sanders is emerging with some veteran qualities finally.

points given up last 3 games

I missed most of the game. Anyone know where I could download or watch it?

not sure if this had has been discussed before but i'm really liking what Belichick did to the defense recently by adding more veterans to that defense in James Sanders and Shawn Springs, they may or may not have the physical tools anymore but they have the intellect and experience that the younger players lack. Yes, Meriweather and Mayo are good but they are still very young. I would much rather for them to run a 3-4 with Banta-Cain and Guyton on the outside with Thomas rotating in and Mayo and Seau playing the inside.

Mayo had a great game today. The fact that he and the other LBs made Mojo a no-show with Vince out is impressive

Great clock killing drives in the second half.
The scoreboard only shows 7 points but the last drive of over 11 minutes was freakin awesome. Way to close out a game!!!
I thought Jacksonville had a really nice 2nd half clock killing drive, culminated to perfection with an interception. Thanks Del Rio and Garrard, that was a big help!

all i wanted to say was good all round win. Running game good passing game good defense good. I want some of the people who was it who said meriweather was mediocre? and that james sanders takes bad angles and can't hit. Also i noticed thomas had some nice disciplined play. Good all round win from the pats and AFCE champs

also how good was seau's hit on mojo. He didn't have the ball but still pretty damn good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore