PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Dolphins Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, the crown of chungs helmet hit hennes bottom of the facemask, and make henne's head snap back....

i assume they consider the facemask part of the helmet

It looked like he hit him in the chest. But hey, I'm on my couch at home watching the game. The refs have a much better view of things than I do. I will defer to their good judgment on this one. :D

Post game thoughts...

+Big Seabass fan here but remember that the TE was often beside him blocking as well. SeaBass is a force.

+/- on Chung. Helmut to the chin was a 'Eugene' move. Taking a while to develop and season. Fast, hard hitter. BB postgame said he doesn't always do what he's supposed to do; just rookie behaviour IMO

- I rarely get POed about OC calls but calls like throwing behind the LOS to Welker in the next to last offensive series were pitifull. We have a good QB :)

+ Maroney ran with attitute and success

- BJGE gotta hold onto that ball; that said he's a backup backup. Good kid.

+ LOVE the way Aiken is learning to use his size; those PI plays got yds but more importantly stoped the clock

- Postgame Brady rightly criticized himself for that play that thanks to a homer timekeeper left us with 1 second

BB postgame said he agonized over the 2 pt conversion. Said the big factor was they felt they had momentum and a really good play to call. They did.

+ Props to Gost on the out of EZ KOs. Scared me by coming close to missing on 2 FGs though

+McGowan is a force. What a find. What a contributor in the style of old #37.

- Merry wiffed on several tackles today. Put a hold on the Pro-Bowl talk for a while

- What's with Carey moving the ball back so Maroney's hard earned 1st down wasn't?

+ Pryor contributed today. BB head slapped him after 1 D stop.

+ TBC and Watson having good seasons

- Don't like the soft, far back coverage by the CBs, but what do I know?

- Back to Brady, I'd give him a B- or so, measuring of course on the Brady scale

Hey guys/gals... Miami fan living in Buffalo. wanted to say congrats on a good game. The pats are always fun to watch whether you are rooting for them or against them. I thought miami played a decent game, but they are not ready to compete on the level of the pats. Good game.

Aiken made the wrong block on that Welker pass

Carey The Fixer came running in from BEHIND the play and RE-SPOTTED the ball which WAS spotted for a 1st down...no arguments please, I have re-run the tape of the game to this point and it's GLARING.

The Phins scared the bejeezus out of me today, Buffalo Mike... good luck until we see you guys again...nice job on the Rats BTW

Very good game and well played by both teams.

I love the PATS SECONDARY

well played

Hey guys/gals... Miami fan living in Buffalo. wanted to say congrats on a good game. The pats are always fun to watch whether you are rooting for them or against them. I thought miami played a decent game, but they are not ready to compete on the level of the pats. Good game.

Great game Mike- Miami's looking good, I gotta say. They always play tough, and Vontae Davis looked awesome. I think the injuries to Ferguson and Crowder pretty much decided it today, and the game in Miami's going to be a good one.

Very good game and well played by both teams.

I love the PATS SECONDARY

well played

i do too, but not in this game

they played like they did at denver in this game

Springs HAS to make that INT...couldn't believe THAT one screwed up for a completion

Joey Porter declined to make ANY post game comments and left Foxboro with his lips zipped tight....0 tackles, 0 assists, 1 Huge Foot stuck in his mouth

IDK I honestly didn't think that he hit him in the helmet. :confused:

You must have missed the play then. Chung put the crown of his helmet right into Henne's face. It was pretty bad.

He's getting fined for that one.

Thanks guys, i am excited about the fins future. they have a good framework. But the pats are in a class by themselves in the division. The only team that can stop them is themselves. I root for the pats after the fins. you guys are a class team and exciting to watch. Anyone who doesnt like watching Brady play is nuts. I love the people in Buffalo who hate Brady...yeah his life must really suck, 3 superbowls, Mvp's, a super model as a wife...pretty much the standard life here in buffalo as well! I wish you all luck next week, You are a very classy group of fans.

i do too, but not in this game

they played like they did at denver in this game

kinda disagree.... mediocre pass coverage overall, (some instances of GREAT coverage.... but for the most part it was not great. Heavy hits were plentiful by this unit. Definitely not like Denver game... that D just did not show up at all.

Our Babies are growing up to be Heavy Hitters. I was very impressed by that. Miami is a physical team and we were physical and it kept us in the game. We will not be bullied by physical play..... we can impose it and take it

I don't like how often the Pats pull out the "throw a deep jump ball up there for Moss and hope he comes down with it" play. It's not a high percentage play and it wastes a down.

I don't like how often the Pats pull out the "throw a deep jump ball up there for Moss and hope he comes down with it" play. It's not a high percentage play and it wastes a down.

Yeah, it wastes a down. But the 30-40% of the time its successful, its a touchdown.

NFL teams only score on 30% or so of their drives, so if you've got a play you can score on 30% of the time, go for it.

You must have missed the play then. Chung put the crown of his helmet right into Henne's face. It was pretty bad.

He's getting fined for that one.

It honestly mystifies me that anyone has a problem with that call. Chung should and will get fined for that hit, and it's about as obvious a roughing call as you'll ever see.

Nice win, I'll take it for sure.

That Moss 1 handed grab was insane!

Someone needs to tell the OC to NEVER EVER EVER call another designed roll out pass, has that play ever worked for us?

Nice win, I'll take it for sure.

That Moss 1 handed grab was insane!

Someone needs to tell the OC to NEVER EVER EVER call another designed roll out pass, has that play ever worked for us?

the second that play unfolded I jumped up almost through the dyam roof....NEVER use that idiot roll out again

Moss scored twice against the Dolphins with that play in 2007, one when he was double covered and one when he was triple covered. I can see your argument if Moss is double covered. But when Moss is single covered, it is worth it to throw him a jump ball. That's a matchup Brady will take any day.

Carey drives me insane. It's like he takes pleasure in calling penalties against the Pats.
The Chung hit was so viscous. if that's considered illegal these days, the rules need to be changed. he drilled him in the chest and his force drove him up to Henne's chin. BS rule imho.

OT: The call against Houston for drilling Dallas Clark when he attempted to catch a ball over the middle was also ridiculous. NFL is getting borderline unwatchable.

Maroney looked good today, I still don't get why we don't see more Maroney screens though.
Moss has lost a step, but he's still crafty. Sick one handed snag in the 1st half.
I hope Tate hasn't been injured too bad, there's glimpses of nice potential out there.

Defense was solid, but not spectacular and didn't complete any of the turnover opportunities they had. 2 INTs got away.
Thomas was good on some plays, but still leaves me scratching my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft