PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Dolphins Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice win, I'll take it for sure.

That Moss 1 handed grab was insane!

Someone needs to tell the OC to NEVER EVER EVER call another designed roll out pass, has that play ever worked for us?

the roll out worked for matt a few time's last year

but im with you there i i dont think i ever seen brady on a roll out bad play call for brady good one for matt lol

so how many tackles did popcorn muscles end up having?

i know that pansy had 0 halfway through the 4th quarter.

I was at the game today ... one of the great things about being at the game is you get to see plays before the ball is even snapped. So I see the safety pinch up to the line on the Moss soon to be touchdown play. I say to my son ... OMG ... Moss is going to have single coverage. Brady glances over that way and I don't think he could have had that ball snapped fast enough. Then that Moss stiff arm ... absolutely priceless --- I'll remember that play forever.

The other play that gets lost on TV is when Welker lines up right behind Moss. Seeing that play live is so incredible compared to seeing it on TV. The brilliance of Moss and Welker working in harmony is a sight to see. Watching it on TV does it no justice.

One of the other things is watching the secondary dance to the bumper music between plays ... this is a fun and very loose team.

One Dolphin I enjoyed was Pat White - he is a phenomenal athlete who basically has no position.

I hadn't been to a game in 20+ years ... I was in heaven today in section 224.:D:D:D

Last edited:
Big win today. Miami's in a very tough spot now and will have to be damn near flawless here on out to have a chance. The Jets are in a downward spiral. Our chances look good for the AFCE

Big win today. Miami's in a very tough spot now and will have to be damn near flawless here on out to have a chance. The Jets are in a downward spiral. Our chances look good for the AFCE

Yes we have done ourselves good today with this win. The LOLfins will have a tough time doing anything within our division now. The Jest should just really give up. Rexy has no more ammo and is only getting larger.

I have a couple of question about the interception overturned on replay in the 1st. Yes it was a forward and correctly overturned on replay, but how come then a flag was not thrown for illegal touching by the lineman. Since the original ruling on the field on the field was a fumble the ref would not have thrown a flag for it. But since it was overturned could he now have thrown a flag for that?

2nd question how come Miami was not penalized for running after a fair catch in the 4th?

Any win over the Dolphins is a good win. That team always gives us problems. Even when we were winning super bowls, we had to go to OT to beat them, or slug out a tough 12-0 win in the snow....that kind of thing. RARELY is a game against them anything but tough.

So I'll happily take a 10-point win.

What makes this sweet is the utter debilitating agony of the Jets fans forced to choose between their hatred of both dominating (to them , the pathetic bastids) franchises.
Life is good!

The Rat fans had a real bad day...just wait until we see them up here

What makes this sweet is the utter debilitating agony of the Jets fans forced to choose between their hatred of both dominating (to them , the pathetic bastids) franchises.
Life is good!

Gawd that is a low blow there PWP ... and I loved reading every word of it. :D

Last edited:
Vollmer has been a black hole so far. He eats up speed rushers, bull rushers and everyone in between. I'm not sure Light gets his job back when he is healthy.

You must have missed the play then. Chung put the crown of his helmet right into Henne's face. It was pretty bad.

He's getting fined for that one.

Yes.. we could clearly see that his helmet hit his chin... it was not a good play and I thought Bill hinted as much during the press conference when someone asked him about Chung..

OK can't start a thread becuase my thread count is too low so I'll in this one. Good Game Pats fans. I'm dissapointed in the loss but OK with it as it was a hard fought game and my fins don't even have a WR who can catch LOL. Let's face it, this game was much closer than 95% of pats fans thought it would be. Miami is still a year away from being competitive with NE. Those CB's got beat, but thy also made some plays. Rookies, they will get better and Miami desperatly needs a WR or 2 and a pass catching TE wouldn't hurt. Anyway, good game and good luck in the future. See you in a few weeks.

Well, it's definitely not TBC. For all the TFLs and QB pressures, he is not good against the run. Don't get me wrong, he's a force against the pass and I like him, but multiple times I saw him set the edge way too far into the backfield, which gave Ronnie Brown gaping running lanes.

He also totally whiffed on that long run that Pat White had. But he looked okay otherwise.

OK can't start a thread becuase my thread count is too low so I'll in this one. Good Game Pats fans. I'm dissapointed in the loss but OK with it as it was a hard fought game and my fins don't even have a WR who can catch LOL. Let's face it, this game was much closer than 95% of pats fans thought it would be. Miami is still a year away from being competitive with NE. Those CB's got beat, but thy also made some plays. Rookies, they will get better and Miami desperatly needs a WR or 2 and a pass catching TE wouldn't hurt. Anyway, good game and good luck in the future. See you in a few weeks.

I think most of us thought it would be a hard fought game, which it was. Miami always plays us tough. If you could just get Joey Porter to shut up, we might even respect you a little bit :). Your rookie CB made a nice pick on the first series.

I think most of us thought it would be a hard fought game, which it was. Miami always plays us tough. If you could just get Joey Porter to shut up, we might even respect you a little bit :). Your rookie CB made a nice pick on the first series.

Yeah I don't know why porter always runs his mouth. Poor Vontae also got beaten for what proved to be the difference in the game. 3rd career start though and he's a rare athlete. Big stop on that bubble screen to Welker to give Miami a shot at the end as well. Any Dolphins fan with half a brain knew Moss, Welker and Tom terrific would be a tough task for the rooks.

Nice win, I'll take it for sure.

That Moss 1 handed grab was insane!

Someone needs to tell the OC to NEVER EVER EVER call another designed roll out pass, has that play ever worked for us?

Actually i remember a roll out exactly like that a few years back against Seatle and Brady had all day to hit a diving bethel johnson with a deep bomb to seal the game:)

McGowan <3

Chung <3 even though he got flagged, nice hits.

Why the **** did they do ANOTHER Faulk draw 3rd and 10!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH its like the Buffalo game all over again.

Last edited:
Two things I never want to hear again or else I'll just be forced to beat someone senseless:

1. Only Pats get the Tuck Rule (yeah, we all know it's happened plenty around the league and worked both for and against the Pats, but you know...)

2. Only Brady gets the RTP calls (yes, we all know we are now tied for 1st with RTP against)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Pats had both their interceptions negated for one of each of these.

And they still won fairly handily...TYVFM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT! YAY! I'm happy with the win of course, and in a weird way even happier that the two classic things that haters complain about working FOR the Pats, happened AGAINST the Pats IN ONE GAME, and they still pulled out the win!
:woohoo:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes