PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats-Bucs postgame show/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt hear much about Bodden, did he play tonight? Do you think he will play nickel and Arrington will start at the corner opposite DMac? Im a huge fan of Chung's but am not completely satisfied with the ball hawking skills of our safeties and their ability to break up the deep pass. I would feel a lot safer with another fast FS back there that can be relied on to break up the deep threats in the big games (ie Manning, Rapistburger etc) That being said, i think the pass rush this year will make our weaker corner's look better ( arrington, butler etc.)

I think he played for 2-3 series on the outside.

Maybe we can win a play off game this year. :D:bricks:

At this time last year i thought this year the team would make it back to the ........SB

Last edited:
The pulling potential with Solder and Gronk on the move should ignite some big runs. Nothing better than giants with fresh legs

yes, to be fair, it was a good showing for Brady and the Pass offense, but I was far more impressed with our running game tonight and hope this persists 'til February. I wouldnt be suprised to see Ridley work his way into the starting rotation, the kid has an explosiveness, I havent seen in a while in the Pat's backfield.

Ridley, Pryor, Carter, Mayo and Ninko were beastin

Did not like the 2 min offense towards the end of the 1st half. Shades of Jets 3 game all over. :bricks::bricks::bricks:

I'm gonna start liking BB again if continues to bring the pressure in the regular season. I hate that sit back, read and react defense.

I thought we were weak at WR. Welker was good, Chad was okayish, Branch was where? and the rest made the second half boring.

We need another WR to compete with the rest. Put me down for a Welker extension.

The funniest thing about the game was that the Bucs were humiliated because the Chiefs did not try hard at all last week, so they did not get a good feel for where they were at as a team in Week 1 of the preseason. Anybody that plays the Chiefs in the preseason does not get a good look it seems like. Todd Haley clearly does not care about the preseason. I real look forward to seeing how the Patriots' attack Week 3 and 4 of the preseason, but so far so good.

good Lord, where did all these big body rushers come from??? And Carter....how did we get him? The Skins let him walk???...wha????

Seriously. How dumb/stubborn is Shanny gonna look when BB takes the two 4-3 studs who Shanny shoehorned into 3-4 duds and turns them into Pro Bowlers.

Adapt your system to fit your players, not the other way around, Skeletor. :D

Looking at who DIDN'T play last night...the Pats have a TON of depth....

Some tough cuts going to have to be made ......

- Physically unable to perform list: DL Ron Brace, DL Brandon Deaderick, RB Kevin Faulk, DE Shaun Ellis.

- Non-football injury list: OL Marcus Cannon.

- Out but watching practice: WR Julian Edelman, WR Brandon Tate, CB Ras-I Dowling, RB Shane Vereen, S Josh Barrett, S James Sanders.

- Out and not visible at practice: WR Taylor Price, DB Malcolm Williams, RB Eric Kettani, LB Brandon Spikes, OL Ryan Wendell, LB Christian Cox, DL Albert Haynesworth, DL Mike Wright, LB Jeff Tarpinian, DE Jermaine Cunningham.

- Returned to practice: OL Zach Roth.

One other thing that made me smile: Our CBs lining up a the line of scrimmage, bumping and generally trying to cover the receivers without giving up a 10 yard cushion (unless the situation warranted it...like 3 and 26/31).

Hard not to get excited about the potential, but we'll have to see what happens when people game plan for us. Still, Freeman is a good QB and many times he wouldn't have been able to count to 4 before he'd be forced to throw or run.

Enjoyable game, but I hope Woodhead is o.k. That was a monster dirty hit. I assume that loathsome Bucs trucka$$ will be fined hugely.

Thought the front seven were fantastic in the first half! Both rushing the passer and defending the run! At one point, a graphic was shown with Pats out rushing the Bucs 101-1!

While Ocho didn't make the catches, he was in the right place, so timing isn't that far off! So hopefully him and TFB can sort that out very soon!

On BJGE's long run, to set up his first TD, Yeatman blocked McCoy very well!

As for Solder, I didn't notice him, so he was doing pretty well :D

As for Solder, I didn't notice him, so he was doing pretty well :D
With all the focus on him from the NFLN 11:00pm re-airing, you'd think there was some serious man-crush going on from the announcers. For a rookie and a guy who missed a week of a shortened camp, he was fantastic (which means he did real well with enough things wrogn that he'll still be coached up to improve).

That might have been the best I have ever seen any Patriot team look EVAH (at least for a half).

The defense was in the backfield all night. The Bucs could not get anything going, the QB was running for his life and the RB had to break three tackles just to get back to the line of scrimmage.

I can only hope that this translates to the regular season.

p.s. BB has submitted a "missing persons" report on Jermaine Cunningham......

I think Carter solidified one of the two starting end positions with his play yesterday. The question now is who will be the starter on the other side. How many sacks did he have before the 'Skins switched to a 3-4 last year?

Looking at who DIDN'T play last night...the Pats have a TON of depth....

Some tough cuts going to have to be made ......

- Physically unable to perform list: DL Ron Brace, DL Brandon Deaderick, RB Kevin Faulk, DE Shaun Ellis.

- Non-football injury list: OL Marcus Cannon.

- Out but watching practice: WR Julian Edelman, WR Brandon Tate, CB Ras-I Dowling, RB Shane Vereen, S Josh Barrett, S James Sanders.

- Out and not visible at practice: WR Taylor Price, DB Malcolm Williams, RB Eric Kettani, LB Brandon Spikes, OL Ryan Wendell, LB Christian Cox, DL Albert Haynesworth, DL Mike Wright, LB Jeff Tarpinian, DE Jermaine Cunningham.

- Returned to practice: OL Zach Roth.

I'm pretty sure that's a list that you copied from a media training camp report, of who didn't practice 3-4 days ago, not a list of who didn't play last night.

I think Carter solidified one of the two starting end positions with his play yesterday. The question now is who will be the starter on the other side. How many sacks did he have before the 'Skins switched to a 3-4 last year?

Looks like the starting 4 will be - Ellis-Wilfork-Haynesworth-Carter with subs for different packagess as need be. Would like to see that line together by preseason game 4 so we have an idea of what to expect from the starters.

I'm pretty sure that's a list that you copied from a media training camp report, of who didn't practice 3-4 days ago, not a list of who didn't play last night.

My bad...Forgot to add "Quote Box" to text ..

Barrett played but was carted off early.....your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes