PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL: Patriots at Phins Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best game thread of the season ! Of a team with a 12-4 record with all the mental fatigue and injuries with a 1st round bye. Most hilarious game thread ever.

2002 and 2009 were much worse.
They were far better than this team had been the last 6 weeks. It's not even close. Which of those teams were afraid to run their offense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were far better than this team had been the last 6 weeks. It's not even close. Which of those teams were afraid to run their offense?

Yourre cherry picking

Ok now my sarcasm meter is going all haywire. Hard to filter actual posts from the sarcastic ones :D

Last edited:
Why not close this thread and move all discussion to the post game thread? I don't understand why that isn't standard procedure every week.
FORUM ETIQUETTE. SUPER IMPORTANT STUFF.

I'm one of the biggest bb backers in the world. But he had made bad and uncharacteristic moves for a month. He is playing scared. We are afraid to have the football.

We have been unable to win the football, and from what I saw today, unwilling.

It really looked like we were more scared of having the likes of Gronk and DA catch it and get injured, than we were actually taking risks and winning the game.

That works if we look fresh in the play offs...

Season-long, absolutely. But at no point were either of those teams worse than this one is right now.

Hopefully the return of Jones, Hightower, Vollmer and Edelman brings us back to October-level football, but I'm not assuming it by a long shot.

We'll just have to wait and see. I think we'll know a lot very quickly when the divisional round rolls around. We should know before halftime which team has shown up.

I beg to differ.

02 this defense was GASHED on a weekly basis on the ground.

09 team was a bunch of front runners with a terrible locker room.

I know people are tired of injuries, but we've lost a lot of important guys, and we have more guys that are gutting it out.

Yes and this team isn't going to miraculously get healthier the next two weeks.

Sucks injures ruined was looked to be a great season but I guess that's just the way it goes. Brady does not have a whole lot of time left so hopfully next year this team can stay healthy.

In two weeks I think they will be a lot healthier.

If you want an area to loose sleep over, the o-line has me desperately worried.

02 team lost 4 in a row at one point..

Yeah the injuries have hurt them tremendously over the last two months. We'll see how they look with everyone playing. I also remember how good they looked at the beginning of the season.
What's going to change? We are going to rely on players who are too hurt to play in the game that guarantees HFA to miraculously be 100% and in mid season form in 2 weeks?

We need to pray for a weak opponent to show up here in 2 weeks and we get good luck and turnovers so maybe we can be a shadow of the real team when we go to Denver.

I'm one of the biggest bb backers in the world. But he had made bad and uncharacteristic moves for a month. He is playing scared. We are afraid to have the football.

For a usually very insightful person you act very uncharacteristically dense here.

He is not playing scared but simply plays the percentages and is keenly aware of shortcomings. Instead of forcing plays and risk injury with personnel that cant do it we go conservative and try to keep it close.

In two weeks I think they will be a lot healthier.

If you want an area to loose sleep over, the o-line has me desperately worried.
Yea, even when Vollmer was in they weren't playing well on the line. But earlier in the year they were able to cover up those issues with Edelman and Lewis. With Edelman back hopefully that helps out enough to make the o-line only have to block well for half the pass plays instead of all of em

During the week, many fans thought it would be easy to run on the Phins, so the Pats should run. I thought this was a mistake because the Phins would expect that.

I think BB was getting SJ touches early.

I don't have any problem with the Patriots establishing the run.... but 11 runs straight??????

He didn't run that well he had 35 yards on 14 carries a 2.5 average. He can get the ball in from the goal line and he can pickup a short yard but he is clearly not a feature back anymore.

The stats dont tell the whole picture. At least three of his immediate stops were due to the OL wiffing on a block. He looked like an upgrade over Blount.

When you have Fleming protecting Brady's blindside and you've already secured a playoff spot and a first round bye I think it is smart to limit the potential risk of injury to Brady, Gronkowski and others.

He didn't run that well he had 35 yards on 14 carries a 2.5 average. He can get the ball in from the goal line and he can pickup a short yard but he is clearly not a feature back anymore.
He had no holes.
Give him holes he will be much more of a factor

Brady is lucky to be a 4 time SB champ, 3 time SB MVP, 2 time League MVP. Today showcased who Brady really is..

He sucks. He's not Peyton Manning that's for sure

Well, I can't agree with all of your excellent points...but I agree, he's not Peyton Manning. He would have to sit on the bench and do nothing to accomplish that feat.

I don't see why this post deserved a dislike..

Tony, Jackson was the only bright spot today for me. He ran good and hard

Jackson looked really promising today. No disrespect to Blount but Jackson looks like a huge upgrade.

The stats dont tell the whole picture. At least three of his immediate stops were due to the OL wiffing on a block. He looked like an upgrade over Blount.
Blount was having a pretty good season. I'm not sure I think Bolden is the #1 back right now with Jackson acting as the short yardage back and White as the 3rd down back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back