PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL: Patriots at Phins Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been the worst offense on the nfl the last 2 weeks maybe longer. We basically had one good play in offense today. Your argument says whoever has Edelman is the best offense in the league regardless of who the other ten are. And Edelman after sitting for 2 months isn't going to be the guy you remember.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is exactly my fear. He will help but I feel Brady and Josh need to do better in terms of scheme to work with the personnel they have. Even with Edelman, I don't think we are playing better football than Denver, KC, and Pittsburgh. Having said that, it does not take much to turn things around.
The 2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts, and 2007 Giants were all non-#1 seeds who got hot at the right time. No reason why we can't get it together in 2 weeks.

What's going to change? We are going to rely on players who are too hurt to play in the game that guarantees HFA to miraculously be 100% and in mid season form in 2 weeks?

We need to pray for a weak opponent to show up here in 2 weeks and we get good luck and turnovers so maybe we can be a shadow of the real team when we go to Denver.

Geez Andy I've never seen this side of you.

I think BB has put a higher priority on getting players healthy than any other year. If today was a win or go home game you would have seen Hightower, Jones, Edelman, Vollmer etc... playing.

Opposing defenses have to play the Pats differently when Edelman and crew are on the field.

We haven't played to win in a month. Isn't THAT the crux of the problem?
If Bill brooch ice feels he can't play to win against Miami or the jets and had to run a high school offense what is going to happen against a good team in the playoffs?

They will run a pro offense with healthy players.

#1 issue is the line. If JE11 comes back 80% of normal things will be better.

They're probably going to practice a little, don't you think? You know, practice with their full complement of receivers for the first time in months?

it's tough to just show up and go back to the way things were. there has been little continuity with personnel on offense over the past few months.

It has been discussed to death. We lost Vollmer, the OL clearly struggled protecting Brady and we were guaranteed the ball after halftime. In the opinion of the coaching staff the chance to give the jets another shot at a FG was higher than driving 50+ yards.

Disagree with it all you want but dont say that it makes no sense.
So what you are saying is the coachjng staff thinks our offense is so bad it's not worth trying to score points in a situation where we have the goat at doing just that?
How is that better than what I said?

Your argument is it's justified because they correctly concluded that our offense trying to score is more likely to lead to the other team scoring so when we have the ball we should just hope the click runs out?

They will run a pro offense with healthy players.

#1 issue is the line. If JE11 comes back 80% of normal things will be better.
Where are these players coming from? They couldn't play today. You think Edelman after not playing 2 months is all by himself the difference between the worst looking offense in the league, one that thinks trying to score points is futile to a SB champ?

They were getting SJax carries and protecting Brady.

They did not play to win this game. That much is clear.

They wanted to win, but on their terms. A lot of OL experimenting. I'm surprised Gannon didn't notice. Why was Cannon trying to wham block? BB wanted to screw around and still win.

So what you are saying is the coachjng staff thinks our offense is so bad it's not worth trying to score points in a situation where we have the goat at doing just that?
How is that better than what I said?

Your argument is it's justified because they correctly concluded that our offense trying to score is more likely to lead to the other team scoring so when we have the ball we should just hope the click runs out?

It is justified because a) you know your offense wont be able to go to what they are comfortable with and b) running a 2min drill with a OL that was struggling worse than today is a turnover and injury risk.

Go to half time and regroup. The game is one score away, there is enough time to find something that works or let the opponent shoot himself into his foot.

Geez Andy I've never seen this side of you.

I think BB has put a higher priority on getting players healthy than any other year. If today was a win or go home game you would have seen Hightower, Jones, Edelman, Vollmer etc... playing.

Opposing defenses have to play the Pats differently when Edelman and crew are on the field.
So belichick all of a sudden doesn't care about winning and we could have won but he chose to lose because football is so scary someone might get hurt?
Sorry that's an enormous excuse.

Where are these players coming from? They couldn't play today. You think Edelman after not playing 2 months is all by himself the difference between the worst looking offense in the league, one that thinks trying to score points is futile to a SB champ?

No.

My concern is the o-line. With that said, JE11 provides a quick target for Tom.

They wanted to win, but on their terms. A lot of OL experimenting. I'm surprised Gannon didn't notice. Why was Cannon trying to wham block? BB wanted to screw around and still win.
Yes. Shaq didn't play much either.

With that said if BB was dorking with the line, he put TB12 in jeopardy today. That is unacceptable.

I am very concerned about this line.

That is exactly my fear. He will help but I feel Brady and Josh need to do better in terms of scheme to work with the personnel they have. Even with Edelman, I don't think we are playing better football than Denver, KC, and Pittsburgh. Having said that, it does not take much to turn things around.
The 2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts, and 2007 Giants were all non-#1 seeds who got hot at the right time. No reason why we can't get it together in 2 weeks.
It's not losing that bothers me its that this teams identity has become a loser mentality. It seriously looks like the coaching staff has decided that throwing a pass is too risky so we either have to run gimmick passes or wait until we are losing and have no choice then we can run on 2nd and 15 too.
Defensively we seem to be playing scared too.

Bill took Miami for granted and he cost the team the #1 seed. If this team has to go into Denver they will not win, mark my words call me out say what you want, they lose in Denver.

So belichick all of a sudden doesn't care about winning and we could have won but he chose to lose because football is so scary someone might get hurt?
Sorry that's an enormous excuse.

Andy, I honestly believe this team is going to the SB. I think BB plays to win the season rather than just one game.

No.

My concern is the o-line. With that said, JE11 provides a quick target for Tom.
This is the key to the whole thing. Does BB think the OL is so bad that is having the ball and trying to run a real offense gives the other team a better chance of getting points? That is what it had looked like.
Is the OL really that bad or is BB waiting until the playoffs to find out? Handing away the 1 seed on a silver platter tells me bb thinks the offense is a liability because of the OL and his only chance is to hope to get some gifted points and pray the defense dominates.
Of course 2 weeks in a row now the defense sucked against bad offenses too.

Andy, I honestly believe this team is going to the SB. I think BB plays to win the season rather than just one game.
They can't beat Miami the jets or the Eagles. How are they beating playoff teams?
We were outplayed and out talented the last 2 weeks. Miami was better than us in every phase of the game by a lot today. They stink.
Right now we stink.
The only way you can think this team is going to the SB is blind hope.

Can they turn it around? Maybe but right now we have never gone into the playoffs in anywhere near thud bad of shape.

Bill took Miami for granted and he cost the team the #1 seed. If this team has to go into Denver they will not win, mark my words call me out say what you want, they lose in Denver.
I don't think he took them for granted. I think they put a better team in the field today.
If he had players sitting that could have played and won the game he should be embarrassed.

They can't beat Miami the jets or the Eagles. How are they beating playoff teams?
We were outplayed and out talented the last 2 weeks. Miami was better than us in every phase of the game by a lot today. They stink.
Right now we stink.
The only way you can think this team is going to the SB is blind hope.

Can they turn it around? Maybe but right now we have never gone into the playoffs in anywhere near thud bad of shape.

Andy, it's not blind hope. They can't beat Miami et al while missing key players on both offense and defense.

I believe once they have those players back it will make a huge difference and I guess you don't.

This is the key to the whole thing. Does BB think the OL is so bad that is having the ball and trying to run a real offense gives the other team a better chance of getting points? That is what it had looked like.
Is the OL really that bad or is BB waiting until the playoffs to find out? Handing away the 1 seed on a silver platter tells me bb thinks the offense is a liability because of the OL and his only chance is to hope to get some gifted points and pray the defense dominates.
Of course 2 weeks in a row now the defense sucked against bad offenses too.

There is no question that this o-line is below average. I think BB knows it too. Thus the reason for the conservative playcalling.

I don't think he took them for granted. I think they put a better team in the field today.
If he had players sitting that could have played and won the game he should be embarrassed.

Id be shocked if they weren't holding out players that could of played to be cautious. I also believe he thought he could dumb everything down and come away with a win. You go all out in your game planning to secure home field advantage. He basically blew a first half of football imho with hb dives after hb dives. They didn't play to win today, that's extremely disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back