PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Packers-Pats POSTGAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win.

Guyton looked bad, and Meriweather just go please.

I have never, ever seen a worse angle to get to the ball. I loved the pick by him, would have loved it more it it counted.

It should have have been a hold on the Packers too. TBC definitely used hands to the face, but Wilfork was practically undressed on that play as well. There were a TON of holds that weren't called on the Packers tonight. For that matter, the third down stop that was called off because of the helmet-to-helmet hit on McCourty was B.S. as well.

For those of you so happy with a win, that is not how Belichick sees it. I agree with Belichick. In the end, it didn't matter much whether we won or not. However, we looked pretty bad on defense. With regard to the offense, Brady could have been intercepted 2 or 3 times, not a a good game for him.
===============
Bill Belichick: "We will have to play better than this or our season won't last long."

Mike Reiss (MikeReiss) on Twitter

That's perfectly true.

It's fairly clear that there were problems here, and a fair bit of luck involved, but there was also a lot to build on. Unlike, say, the Cleveland game, the Patriots never let this game get completely out of hand.

For those of you so happy with a win, that is not how Belichick sees it. I agree with Belichick. In the end, it didn't matter much whether we won or not. However, we looked pretty bad on defense. With regard to the offense, Brady could have been intercepted 2 or 3 times, not a a good game for him.
===============
Bill Belichick: "We will have to play better than this or our season won't last long."

Mike Reiss (MikeReiss) on Twitter

well..of course.he isnt rex ryan who extols the virtues of his team even when they pull out lucky wins. he knows they played bad. We as fans know it too .but nothing wrong in being happy to get a W. just look at the giants today.

Of course, Belichick is right. We definitely have to play better than this. And you better believe that he's going to drill this into the team's head this week in practice. However, you better believe that he's still happy with the win too.
I don't know about drilling them hard, (at least physically) its near the end of the season and they're pretty worn down as it is, its been a long season. The teams going to need all its got against the Buffalo next week.

Last edited:
Hey we won a tight game. And the defense held when it counted. That's what I like to see!

It should have have been a hold on the Packers too. TBC definitely used hands to the face, but Wilfork was practically undressed on that play as well. There were a TON of holds that weren't called on the Packers tonight. For that matter, the third down stop that was called off because of the helmet-to-helmet hit on McCourty was B.S. as well.

My dad (Packer fan) thought it was the right call on McCourty, I was like you are so full of crap. "He lead with his helmet"

I don't know about drilling them hard, (at least physically) its near the end of the season and they're pretty worn down as it is, its been a long season. The teams going to need all its got against the Buffalo next week.

I was talking about drilling that fact into the team's head. He'll almost certainly come down on them hard during film study.

My dad (Packer fan) thought it was the right call on McCourty, I was like you are so full of crap. "He lead with his helmet"

Actually, he led with his shoulder pads. The helmet contact was incidental. Incidental helmet contact has seen it's fair share of non-calls this season.

was anyone else screaming at Guyton? He looked so damn hesitant to make a tackle.

Wilfork is a man among boys.

McCourty is going to be the NFL's next shutdown corner.

Injuries to the Dline really were felt hard today.

Didnt hear Matthews name much today, kudos to Vollmer.

Charles Woodson is a top 4 maybe 3 corner.

BB will have plenty of game footage to rip into the offense and defense.

Hernandez and Gronkowski are the best TE duo in the NFL.

1st round bye will help a lot for the health of this team.

Hernandez and Gronkowski are the best TE duo in the NFL.

QFT . . . but you're not allowed to say that without giving Crumpler some love, too! :D

McCourty has text book coverage skills, especially on deep routes. :rocker: He looks when the WR looks, TAKE NOTES BUTLER.

so damn beastly.

Wilforks RB smash also had be jumping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the TBC penalty on replay, what a crock, the olineman had TBC's mask.

QFT . . . but you're not allowed to say that without giving Crumpler some love, too! :D

True cant forget about Alge, I am sure hes played a large role in the development with the dynamic duo.

Media uber negative right now.

If aaron rodgers played today. Pats would have been more up for the game plus have more film.

I miss brandon spikes

he'll be back...no urgent need now..and he'll be fresh...big for a rook this time of year.

I miss brandon spikes

The whole defense misses Brandon Spikes. Green Bay's running game wouldn't have been nearly as prominent tonight if he was in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST