PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official NFL Draft Day 1 Tracker/Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect Leinart goes 10 to Arizona. In all honesty, from a football standpoint he couldn't go to a better spot. It won't make up for the millions he lost falling to them but Edge, Boldin, and Fitzgerald will ease the pain.

Wow did buffalo just reach. Good player to be sure but at 8?

The Bills couldn't trade down to get Whitner??? LOL...

whitner gone real early..they had ngata..bunkley avaible to stop run which they wont do again.

arizona is a fate worse than death, i kinda feel bad for leinart heh...

All week long we heard that Huff was #1 on Detroits board.

Millen is probably disappointed Huff is gone but will no doubt settle for 2 or 3 on his board - Holmes and Jackson.

Phokus said:
arizona is a fate worse than death, i kinda feel bad for leinart heh...

there are worse fates than larry fitzgerald and anquan boldin

poor poor Bills fans, I almost feel bad - with no middle D lineman there and two top ones right there - they reach for a safety?? WOW

Detroit will either trade down or they'll reach for someone like Ernie Sims...

Leinart will be throwing to Fitzgerald and Boldin, and handing the ball off to James. Not too shabby...

hmm. Leinart to AZ wouldnt hurt him at all..Fitz..Boldin..James..what more can you ask for...looks like best trio to me.

and Millen was sweating..thought he was going to take another WR but he came out with Simms

I was so hoping we'd hear "With the 9th pick, the Detroit Lions select Santonio Holmes, wide receiver, Ohio State". Ernie Sims isn't a bad pick, I wouldn't have taken him this high though.

PatDaPatriot said:
Detroit will either trade down or they'll reach for someone like Ernie Sims...
Way to call that one.

The Lions are idiots. Ernie Sims is, at best, a late 1st round talent.

Love the Leinart pick for Arizona - watch out for that offense next year.

Last edited:
Finally I'm able to log back in. Each time I tried to log in an error message kept popping up. Did anyone else have the same problem?

Sims is actually very very good..if he was 6"2 240 and played the same way..hed be up there with Hawk. Hes very fast..intense and as a Hurricane fan..i never wanted to see Sims running at us. Might move to Safety..he sky rocketed from 2nd round to mid first/early first

There has been only on minor surprise so far. It shouldn't be too surprising that Buffalo adds an Ohio State db.

This seems like a good pick for both Leinhart and the Cardinals. He'll benefit from having several good skill position players around him like he had at USC, and the Cardinal get a guy who can orchestrate an offense that will put those guys in positions to make plays. Still think he's the weakest first round QB, but this seems like the right spot. And now - Jay Cutler, to St. Louis, which they're doing backflips over.

Leinart better pray to Jebus that he survives with that O-Line in Arizona. Just hand it to Edgerrin and run Matt! ;)

This will cost Lienart millions, but it could work out far better in the long run. He'll get half a season to sit anyway before Kurt gets hurt, and he's got some elite weapons at his disposal.

Interesting that Torry Holt just dropped Chad Greenway's name. Don't think the Rams would actually take him though.

Remix 6 said:
Sims is actually very very good..if he was 6"2 240 and played the same way..hed be up there with Hawk. Hes very fast..intense and as a Hurricane fan..i never wanted to see Sims running at us. Might move to Safety..he sky rocketed from 2nd round to mid first/early first

I like Sims. I just think he's someone that could've been had a little later on in the first...

Whitner at 8 just awful. Clearly, the Bills were caught off guard by the Raiders taking Huff, and they reacted by taking the next best safety without thinking about value. Trade down for crying out loud. At least Whitner is good at stopping the run. Too bad he'll be doing it 15-20 yards deep...

You don't hear very often, "I'm so excited to be an Arizona Cardinal."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back