PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official NFL Draft Day 1 Tracker/Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jets made an excellent decision.

Now, I expect Hawk and Davis as most do (in either order). Buffalo will simply listen to offers, as they must be right now with Cutler and Leinart available.

Last edited:
so who wants to put money on the lions picking another WR?

fgssand said:
Leinart slides to Oakland I guess, unless there is a trade.

Supposedly Oakland isn't interested. Don't know how much I believe that, but it may be true. I'm wishing Leinhart on all the teams I don't like, he's not going to amount to much in the NFL.

Jacky Roberts said:
I love the ESPN talking heads. They love the NY pick saying that you need a great LT to win, but it seems our LT's aren't exactly John Hannahs and the Pats are a dynasty. I would have taken the QB.

If Tom Brady were on the draft board they wouild have taken him.
Why take the QB if the QB wont be good enough?

I'll take a very good LT over a mediocre QB every time.

AndyJohnson said:
If Tom Brady were on the draft board they wouild have taken him.
Why take the QB if the QB wont be good enough?

I'll take a very good LT over a mediocre QB every time.

We'll see. Seeing the Jets have passed on him now, I hope Leinart turns into a HOFer. :)

Leinhart could slide a long way. If its true that many see him and Cutler as a toss up no team needing QB will care to move up until one or the other is gone.
If the Raiders and Cards dont jump, it could be a long, long day.

Is Vernon Davis throwing up?

gotta love Vernon Davis. GL to him in San Fran

shmessy said:

I'd say that's crying....There's no crying in football!

Well unless you've just won the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
those my friends..are tears of joy. Joy of coming from nothing to a #6 pick in draft..being 1 of the hardest workers..everything you've done paying off.

As Gosselin predicted Arizona and St Louis are the likely place for QB. If one of these teams has a strong preference, they need to trade up. Otherwise, the quarterbacks need to hope that they get picked 10 and 11.

Buffalo should be willing to move from 8 to 10, picking up a pick, knowing they still can get Bunkley or Sims.

The key for the patriots is Cleveland's pick, which could start the scramble the scramble for linebackers, or not.

AndyJohnson said:
Leinhart could slide a long way. If its true that many see him and Cutler as a toss up no team needing QB will care to move up until one or the other is gone.
If the Raiders and Cards dont jump, it could be a long, long day.

My god,when are they going to take Leinhart.

Here comes the Bears scenario (wont happen)

If you bundle a ton of picks to Chi. and get 26, then bundle 21 and 26, you get the Raiders' 7...

Chi. wanted to trade it down... now does anybody want to take them up and go to 7?

Kellen Winslow Jr?????? That was your motivation and role model, Vernon????

Huff taken..so much for him at 13 if we were to ever trade up there

Surprised raiders didn't choose matt

this is a weird draft. huff is a solid pick, but Hollywood is in total freefall.

Teams are getting smarter... passing on Leinhart and building their teams. Raiders just made a good pick in Huff. He'll probably go at 10 to the Cardinals, with Cutler going 11 to the Rams. Now, Ngata to Buffalo? Or maybe, they really have had enough of Losman and take a QB. I say Ngata though.

No......

shmessy said:

No...I think you were looking at a Jets fan.........;)

Holy crap, Whitner at number 8 to the Bills. I figured he'd be a middle teens to early twenties pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots