PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official NFL Draft Day 1 Tracker/Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Ravens are hot for Ngata.

Not the most..they liked Jackson .. Holmes..some safeties to replace Lynch sometime..they wanted a RB but now only got 1 first rounder so it changed

Lewis will have a great year once again and he will be happy because he said he needs a big DT to play in front of him to take some pressure off..and they got the big guy

Last edited:
I like the way this draft is shaping up -

the run on QBs - ensuring that there are an additional three quality guys on the board for the Pats when they pick

...then a few picks where some GMs seem to be over-reaching pushing another guy or two back to the Pats

I'm thinking they can stay at 21 and get "their guy" at this point... though Miami and Dallas still can throw a monkey wrench into our plans

Ray-ray gets his way.

Nevermind...They just did a Bears-Pats trade when the Pats drafted Warren. Basically, they got another pick not to take Ngata...

Ray Lewis is clinically egotistical.

i love Ray Lewis..love when he talks and when he plays. he just sounds so confident and serious about it all

JoeSixPat said:
I like the way this draft is shaping up -

the run on QBs - ensuring that there are an additional three quality guys on the board for the Pats when they pick

...then a few picks where some GMs seem to be over-reaching pushing another guy or two back to the Pats

I'm thinking they can stay at 21 and get "their guy" at this point... though Miami and Dallas still can throw a monkey wrench into our plans

How has there been a run on QBs? Everyone knew Young, Leinart and Cutler would be picked in the top 15.

Hmm - I'm wondering if Baltimore picked up #12 because they had a deal in place to trade #13.

They can recoup whatever they gave up in trade and still have better draft position

And now the Browns take Bunkley, Wimbley or Lawson.

any chance the Pats would take Justice? although id prefer Wimbley, Carpenter or Greenway

Cleveland-who will ti be..Bunkley? Lawson? Wimbley? Greenway? 9:20 left

I love these guys babbling about how Ray Ray will motivate this guy yada yada yada. Then Ray saying how "he makes people change their game plans when he can do what he does..." uh, you're not just changing the game plan, you're changing the draft plan too

Caspir said:
How has there been a run on QBs? Everyone knew Young, Leinart and Cutler would be picked in the top 15.

Ummm - no they didn't.

Ever heard of Aaron Rodgers? Many expected that at least one of the three could slide way back... even as far back as the Patriots at 21

TB12 said:
any chance the Pats would take Justice? although id prefer Wimbley, Carpenter or Greenway

There's definitely a chance, he's a real talent, though I think he'll be gone by them. I'm actually expecting an OT to the Pats in round 2. Eric Winston, Jonathan Scott or Marcus McNeill.

After listening to Billick on their website I knew they wouldn't draft anyone to play behind Ray before getting a DL. They should go OL before they replace Demps.

JoeSixPat said:
Ummm - no they didn't.

Ever heard of Aaron Rodgers? Many expected that at least one of the three could slide way back... even as far back as the Patriots at 21

"Umm" everyone with a brain cell to spare knew that none of them would slide that low because the teams who needed QB's were in the 10-15 range. Young and Leinart were definite top 10 picks, leaving Cutler, who had multiple teams ranking him ahead of both those guys. There was no "run" on QBs, but if it makes you feel better then go ahead and assume so.

Last edited:
Wimbley to Cleveland

what Browns do can really hurt or help us..

and they take...Wimbley..not good for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back