PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official NFL Draft Day 1 Tracker/Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knew the Browns would go OLB. Love the Wimbley pick for them, too bad he didn't drop to the Pats.

And the run on linebackers begins. Could be trouble. Bunkley is falling.

Last edited:
And now it starts.

if Bunkley were to fall alot, would the Pats pick him? Viewed by most as a top 10 pick, and has incredible strength

Caspir said:
"Umm" everyone with a brain cell to spare knew that none of them would slide that low because the teams who needed QB's were in the 10-15 range. Young and Leinart were definite top 10 picks, leaving Cutler, who had multiple teams looking at him. There was no "run" on QBs, but if it makes you feel better then go ahead and assume so.

Ummm - you can insult and protest all you want newbie... but just like Rodgers last year many so-called experts thought that one of the big three could slide.

If Denver and AZ, two teams that didn't have pressing QB needs, hadn't taken them when Buffalo, NY, and Oakland - three teams with QB needs who most projected to go for the big three had passed, they would have slid

Clearly you've got no idea what you are talking about... give it up

TB12 said:
if Bunkley were to fall alot, would the Pats pick him? Viewed by most as a top 10 pick, and has incredible strength

Bunkley doesn't really fit the Pats' scheme...

I think the Eagles will surprise and take Nick Mangold...

I think the Pats would take Bunkley if he is there but I doubt he'll fall that far. If anything, however unlikely this may be, Santonio Holmes will likely be there for us if this run on LBs starts to heat up. Probably a stretch to think that Belioli would take a WR in the 1st but ya never know.

JoeSixPat said:
Ummm - you can insult and protest all you want newbie... but just like Rodgers last year many so-called experts thought that one of the big three could slide.

If Denver and AZ, two teams that didn't have pressing QB needs, hadn't taken them when Buffalo, NY, and Oakland - three teams with QB needs who most projected to go for the big three had passed, they would have slid

Clearly you've got no idea what you are talking about... give it up

Hey genius, I've been a member longer than you, so try the "newbie" line on someone else. Some of us have lives and can't dedicate our lives to message boards. Two, three QBs went, three were expected to go. There was no run. "Clearly" you're an idiot.

Soon we will have 3 teams right in front of us : Miami, Dallas, San Diego, who all play similar D's who all might take a D front seven guy. I think its a good place to move up and get the guy we want.

Check my first post for trade details.

Any word on what's happening with Javon Walker? Denver has no more 1st rd picks.

Last edited:
Mangold is a good possibility. It may be the key to the running game. Mangold is the best center in a long time.

As Boomer said, Reid likes linemen (both sides) in the middle of the first round. Bunkley or Mangold seems right, although some rumor a DB (which makes no sense to me).

PatDaPatriot said:
Bunkley doesn't really fit the Pats' scheme...

I think the Eagles will surprise and take Nick Mangold...

Eagles take: Bunkley

Bunkley to philly

And there goes Bunkley. Not surprising, he'll step in to fill the void Corey Simon left. Although, given how big Simon is, he's probably still partly occupying the spot, all the way from Indy.

STL will take Greenway, or if they go CB Tye Hill or Cromartie is the choice

Unfortunately, I think Lawson goes off the board now...

any chance STL trades down to us? We were talking about the 11th pick, so maybe...?

Rams took Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes