PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official: Jason Taylor signs with the Dolphins [Clayton: Pats offered more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing but my opinion of Taylor has now slightly changed, he now looks like a player that would run home to his mummy if something was wrong instead of man up.

I'm just not a fan of players that have all the talent in the world but no ambition. Taylor signing with the Phins is proof he isn't ambitious and just doesn't want to move.

Actually, I got more respect for the guy. He took less to play with the team he loves who had the same record as the Pats last year and until proven otherwise are still a Super Bowl contender (although I personally think they will take a step back). Where is the dishonor in that. When a Pats player like Bruschi does that, we praise the guy.

Taylor should be commended in that he is willing not to be a mercenary and take less to play for the team he has spent a decade with and calls his home in an effort to win a Super Bowl. I wish he would have chosen the Patriots over the Dolphins and I think his dream of a Super Bowl ring will not be achieved, but I wiish there were more guys like Taylor in sports, not less.

Re: Official: Jason Taylor signs with the Dolphins.

I like how everyone's crapping all over Woods even though none of you have seen him start more than, what, 3-4 games? He was playing well enough before he got hurt last year, and he's been with the Pats long enough to know the defense inside out. Apparently the "cut Matt Cassel!" crowd has learned absolutely nothing from 2008.

Belichick traded Vrabel, and I don't believe for a second that he just assumed that Taylor was coming here. He thinks he's fine with the linebackers that he has, and that's good enough with me since, you know, he actually sees them on a day-to-day basis and stuff.

If this was the superbowl winning pats jt would of been on board weeks ago no doubt. Players just arent too attracted to the team anymore. Its the begining of the end!

I thought they were both on the Dolphins team in 2007 when they went 1:15 ?

Different coach...different scheme. No Parcells... Huge difference in Porter's play in '07 and '08. If he plays @ the'08 level, throwing JT (who OWNS Matt Light) back into the mix.. is not good for Brady no matter how you look at it.

I still have to say : I think people are getting waaaay too excited about this.

#1 - One of the options at OLB will pan out to be decent.
#2 - Taylor isn't L.Taylor in his prime at this point.
#3 - We're all wondering what will be the alignment in September.
#4 - But WOW, to think that a 34 year old signing for a million bucks in Miami is going to ruin the season is quite absurd.

If this was the superbowl winning pats jt would of been on board weeks ago no doubt. Players just arent too attracted to the team anymore. Its the begining of the end!

look it's not the end of the world just because 34 year old jason taylor wanted to take less money to end his career where he started it good for him but your makeing it look like we are the raiders and now we have to over pay for all FA to get them to play for us

look it's not the end of the world just because 34 year old jason taylor wanted to take less money to end his career where he started it good for him but your makeing it look like we are the raiders and now we have to over pay for all FA to get them to play for us

Ding ding ding congrats on being the first to take the bait lol.

Re: Official: Jason Taylor signs with the Dolphins

Yeah, that's why we didn't make the playoffs. Some, uh Tim Brody guy, I think, was injured too. Still, Samuel was the downfall for sure.

Yeah, it's not like we had an 18 point lead at halftime and our defense totally collapsed, it was was purely an offensive struggle as we couldn't do anything without Deion Branch. I mean, 34 points just isn't enough to win a game.

This was the douchebaggery I thought would ensue once I made my post; thanks for proving me right.

If they had Samuel last year, they make the playoffs, even with Brady injured.

If they had Branch in 2006, they win that game; the defense was on the field too much in the second half thanks to the offense.

Spin it anyway you want and put the glass of koolaid down.

Can't wait to see you spin things this year when OLB becomes a constant thorn in their side; start thinking of ballbagish comments now so you don't miss a beat.

Re: Official: Jason Taylor signs with the Dolphins

Seriously though, quotes like that are why I rarely visit team forums any more.

You rarely visit, but on one of the rare occasions that you do, you take a smash on my living room floor.

Gee thanks, don't forget to wipe.

I think taylor will have to prove the dolphins if he can cut the mustard, he was not great last year, but we viewed him a differnent light because of the need we had..

That's a shame.
Especially at that price. Wow. That's a great deal for Miami.

Well, at some point maybe the Pats will decide to draft a top young OLB.
Right now, the pass rush is clearly a weakness.
Hopefully Crable and Redd can come in behind Woods to provide some pressure. Crable had 7.5 and Redd had 6.5 in college in 2007. Not elite numbers, but some ability.

Taylor at $1.5 mm would have been tremendous for this team.
Miami got a bit stronger at New England's expense.

They did" decide to draft..." or weren't you looking. BB et al, identified Crabel and were ready to draft ihim the second round, of the 2008 draft. They had called him and told him that he was going to be picked with their pick on the clock. Then San Diego called and traded for the second round pick for a second rounder this year and more last year.

Crabel was still there on their early third rounder and he was picked there. That is getting your cake and eating it too. Now they are already one season in, on the deverlopment of a "high draft pick OLB", as you wished.:D

Except for Taylor, Springs, Bodden, Baker, Johnson, Dumane, etc...

Apparently the "cut Matt Cassel!" crowd has learned absolutely nothing from 2008.

I did. Matt is case #1 not to get jumpy about unproven players...

Lets face it, the genius is caught with his pants down. He is stuck with a very bad situation with LBs. In 34 defense without real proven play makers from LBs, you are toast.

Probably regretting passing guys like Woodley, Dave Harris when Bill deemed the draft was "too weak on LBs" year after year. Wasted on TEs, DTs (Thomas, Mills, Hill, Brown) that never panned out when we could have developed more depth at LB.

Besides Mayo, 3 starting LBs are from Bruschi, Guyton, Woods, Crable, TBC, Redd, plus an aging AT???? This is supposedly the superbowl LB core??? Bruschi is so slow he probably won't have not a job on any other team save the fact we are so thin on the LBs.
:confused:

Be careful now, you might get reamed because you aren't going with the flow; this is the Stepford Forum you know, let's all hold hands and sing songs around the campfire.

Put your rose colored glasses on and have a big tall glass of koolaid........

Pats better make a serious run at Peppers

I would have to agree. I still don't think it's a "must sign" situation, but it sure would be nice.

OK, I can understand why Patriot haters who visit this site think this is a blow to the Patriots. But for those of you who are actually fans, why in the heck do you want J Taylor. He's proved he doesn't have the motivation to win. He's earning a paycheck and being close to home is most important.

I never wanted him, nor do I want Peppers ($ too high). I honestly think the Pats will be just fine with players they have. I think you will see A Thomas playing inside in a rotation with Bruschi in certain situations. Coach B will have tons of formations and players available at his disposal.

I think P Woods is going to be very good and Crable is a stud in the waiting. Keep in mind Bruschi was a 2nd day pick as well and I'd say he worked out pretty well. A position is not a weakness if there isn't a 1st round pick playing.

Go Pats!

OK, I can understand why Patriot haters who visit this site think this is a blow to the Patriots. But for those of you who are actually fans, why in the heck do you want J Taylor. He's proved he doesn't have the motivation to win. He's earning a paycheck and being close to home is most important.

I never wanted him, nor do I want Peppers ($ too high). I honestly think the Pats will be just fine with players they have. I think you will see A Thomas playing inside in a rotation with Bruschi in certain situations. Coach B will have tons of formations and players available at his disposal.

I think P Woods is going to be very good and Crable is a stud in the waiting. Keep in mind Bruschi was a 2nd day pick as well and I'd say he worked out pretty well. A position is not a weakness if there isn't a 1st round pick playing.

Go Pats!

I sure hope you're right.

Go Pats!

I'm curious, though. What team won the AFC East last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST