PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Brady Foot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Just saw a picture of Brady in N.Y with a cast boot on his foot.

What's it to you? We're not like you. We'd rather have a QB heading to the Superbowl wearing a protective boot in public than one who films pep talk commercials poking fun at the season being over (though ours isn't...) or engaging in bizarro oreo licking contests with a sibling under their mommy and daddy's watchful eyes to make a few more bucks for the family business...not to mention a HC who has to go on an annual prayer retreats to decide (and hold press conferences to announce) whether or not he still even wants to coach your team...

Go home Colts troll.

Mo,

Stand up and take a bow! WhoooooDoggie, that was good!:D

Re: AP Release Brady Injures Ankle

Flashback of Robert Edwards. D'OH!

Re: Brady's Foot - what 2+2 = for me

fnordcircle, here is a truth that is not open for debate;

There are no contests in life. No one can be any better or worse than another.

I don't even know what to say about this considering that we're on a discussion board of a football team you know, involved in a competitive sport.

So if you wish to compete with any member of Patsfans, that's on you and you're wasting your time.

I don't throw zingers or try to out-do anyone else, only an idiot would do such a thing...wouldn't you agree?

I mean maybe you're just a super genius and your point is going way over my head but it just sounds like insane ramblings which is pretty queer given that your goal seems to be to stop this thread from going anywhere, yet you are still posting glib remarks every other post and keeping it at the top of the page.

If it helps I do feel that zingers and iceburns and masterstrokes and super slams are only good for style points and do nothing to promote actual, worthwhile discussion. But I don't have a goddamn clue what you are even getting at anymore.

Last edited:

The team knows (and grudgingly accepts) that fan speculation is a byproduct of the information embargo. If it gets too extreme ("Brady and Igor Olshansky were engaged in some pregame consensual horseplay") they will provide more information to calm things down.

As fans we of course want to know about our team. If you walk into work tomorrow and tell a friend "Brady has his foot in a cast", the first question will be "when and how did he hurt it?"

But since we don't know we can only speculate.

First off, why would you tell them that when he's in a walking boot?

I realize this would be pretty novel, but if asked why, we could say I don't know... Could even say may have been dinged up during the game since he wasn't reported limping last week...

Concluding he has a broken bone in his foot from a week ago when he set the all time completion percentage record and looked off all game this week because he was on painkillers because of it is nothing but malicious speculation. That it and this thread were based on the ramblings of a Raiders fan on a generic message board thread further makes it a pathetic excuse for speculation as well.

BTW, earlier in the thread someone was talking about how an athlete would never take an oral narcotic during a game -- this is very much not the case.

Pretty much all NFL players are fairly acclimated to taking regimens of painkillers. As any junky knows, the problem with opiates is that the "high" dimishes rapidly, and soon you need more to get the same effect.

The same is true of their efficacy in pain relief -- but at a much slower rate than the euphoria and sluggishness. Thus, most athletes have developed enough of a tolerance to the intoxicating effects of narcotics that they can take clinical doses of them before a game to help deal with the pain during the game, and the degree to which it will slow them down mentally ends up being less than the degree to which they'd be slowed down mentally from their body's reaction to pain.

I can testify to that, as someone who's had to take pain killers to recover from invasive surgery -- at first you assume it's all the pain killers that are making you so out of it, but then, as you heal, you realize that it was the pain and body trauma as much, if not more, than the opiates, that were making you dopey.

Sorry not buying Brady injury scenario

I have read two plots on this, one he was hurt in Jax game and second he was hurt in SC game.

I do not believe either is possible. First if TB was hurt in Jax game we would have seen something in the game to indicate this and the trainers would have been working on him on sideline and the same is true of SC game.

For TB to be injured enough to require a boot in either game we would have had to see something on the field and i have watched both games twice and there is no indication of any injury. On the last TD he threw in the Jax game he does a huge fist swing in celebration, there is no injury evident.

Second he came into the Chargers game and seemed off from the first snap, just not TB, no fire, no emotion, just a stoic look on his face like he was mad about something and it stayed that way all game. He was hit a few times but there is no change in his movements or his demeanor all game.

The logical conclusion is He had to be hurt at some point prior to SC game but after the Jax game.

When was TB added to injury report for SC game, i thought i saw something on maybe Friday about TB being added to injury report....but can not find it now did not bother to follow it up. because, well TB is always on the injury report, just maybe another example of BB's effective misdirect strategies accomplishing its task.

Am i worried, yes and no, i am concerned because i have no way to judge the degree of the injury with my own eyes and no i am not overly concerned because he is walking around and that is a good sign.

But also I am in awe to think he could actually pull off the AFCCG win while needing a boot on his plant foot........eat your heart out, if you can find it LDT.

People forget Peyton Manning suffered a hand injury during the AFCCG last year. He had no trouble withstanding the pain picking apart the Patriot defense in the 2nd half en route to an MVP performance in the Super Bowl.

Ah-h-h, the memories!!! Did you get the DVD?? Hope so.

//

Re: Does Brady's injury change your mind about the extra week off?

I do like the bye week as well. I think it is better for the players and coaches because it gives them more time and lets them enjoy the CG win for a day or two insted of having to work first thing monday morning.

I've always liked the bye week, there's too much going on to squeeze it into one normal week.

I agree. Considering the travel and media days, there just isn't that much time. I think the extra week also helps us in that it gives BB more time to game plan.

It can only benefit Brady, and it also gives BB and crew the luxury of time to break down everything more thoroughly.. it is to our advantage, this coupled with all of the arrangements every player has to make for their families allows this to be done first so they can then focus on the task at hand.

Re: Sorry not buying Brady injury scenario

But could he have been dinged during one of the two games and then hurt himself slipping on the ice or in practice?? A lot of injuries take place off of the field..

We may never know exactly wjat happened...does it really matter?? I think it better to look forward not back...

Mark me down for one guy that doesn't get the ad...WTF is he doing?

He sure looks good doing it though. No homo.

I think whatever was wrong with Brady's leg was wrong with it in the first quarter. There was a point where he came over to the sideline and sat straight down and was asked something and it looked as though he barked "I'm fine" or something, but was looking at his leg. I think I might have even said something about it in the game thread.

That make sense. I mean his throws were off by alot. Now, I know it was windy, but one legged Phillips was throwing in the same wind, and was throwing some ropes on the money.

There are alot of posts saying "relax", "you're all a bunch of worry warts", "it's not big deal", "he's fine". So, am I allowed to say "THIS BLOWS"?

Mark me down for one guy that doesn't get the ad...WTF is he doing?

He sure looks good doing it though. No homo.

He got off his dirt bike to punt. Whataya, ignorant?:)

I was at the game and I'm pretty sure I know exactly when it happened. He was taken down in the first half and the way he got up, you could tell something was wrong. He was limping a little. He kept playing so I let it go but there was a time during that game that i knew something was wrong. He just didn't look right when he was trying to get up. He could have injured it before and just aggravated it but something happened on that play. Others might know what I'm talking about. You might not have been able to see it on TV.

Wow, this thread is funny. You've got the OP putting forth some perfectly valid thoughts about what is obviously a big issue for Pats fans, and then page after page of comments from a couple of other posters who have decided that "we shouldn't talk about that here!" Jeez, once again, if you're not interested in a thread, stay out of it. It's not that hard.

i watched the video and noticed that even tho he was moving gingerly on the street, he went right up the steps, carrying stuff in both arms, without using the railing or hesitating. to my amateur eyes, this says that whatever is wrong isn't hurting him a lot.

as for the boot itself, people wear these for everything from protecting a broken bone to allowing a minor procedure on a toe to heal without being rubbed or pressured by an ordinary shoe. so, it could be anything from a hangnail that was cleaned up by a doctor to a break.

of course, we'll all know what's wrong when Belichick holds a press conference today explaining the injury in detail, complete with X rays and an MRI, just like he always does.

Last edited:

He'll be fine. If he's up and walking around it's like a minor sprain of his ankle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back