PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Brady Foot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just sitting back knowing that Brady finished the game and played OK in the 4th quarter. So in my non medically educated mind I'm deciding that it can't be THAT bad.

heh heh. maybe someone else made this point in the merged threads, but is there any chance at all that BB, feeling suckered by the "Rivers and Gates probably won't play but Ladanian will play for sure" spin out of San Diego last week (to the point where they took LT off the injured list on Friday), that BB is messing with the Giants' game prep and heads? "OK, Tom, go see your girlfriend in New York and be sure you get photographed wearing this thing on your foot. You might even limp a little."

Re: Brady's New Endorsement Deal

Heh,

It needs some speakers and a green dot on the back... :)

I'm just sitting back knowing that Brady finished the game and played OK in the 4th quarter. So in my non medically educated mind I'm deciding that it can't be THAT bad.

True, that plus the fact that he was walking down the streets of NYC and walking up the stairs. No matter what the injury is, if he's good enough to walk, boot or not, he'll play in the game.

Last edited:
I havent read this thread and i really dont care to.

But it looks like a precautionary boot, something you'll just put on to protect your foot and keep down swelling or pressure in sensitive areas.

I mean he was walking up stairs and walking fine if he couldnt put pressure on it hed have crutches.

Re: By all means, allow me to explain to you people what Tom's Injury really is......

I'm not going to pass judgment on Keegs' post above, but I will point out one significant correction: everywhere you see metacarpel, it should read metatarsal.

If anyone gets a metacarpal injury, it'd be more likely to happen to the future Mrs. Brady from trying to wear the ring he'll buy her. ;)

[Tarsal = foot; carpal = hand; carpel = plant part. :singing:]

Edit: now that I look more closely, I'm not sure if Keegs isn't trying to make a joke or not (alanthicke bone?). :confused:

he is yanking our chains. "binomial manifold ligament"? that's something that would either belong in a software program or under the hood of a car and as far as I can tell the "alanthicke bone" might have something to do with a rock group, but he's got me there. i'm surprised that he didn't reference the "third" metacarpal bone, as that is the one used to give someone the finger.

great stuff, Keegs. some desperately needed humor for this overwrought thread!!!:rofl:

Last edited:
Pay no attention to the boot. That doesn't tell us much, as previous posts have indicated.

The fact that he is:
1. traveling away from MA.
2. walking on it
3. seeing his girlfriend rather than getting 24/7 treatment

tells us everything: it isn't serious, and it can't be made worse by walking around on it.

Re: By all means, allow me to explain to you people what Tom's Injury really is......

he is yanking our chains. "binomial manifold ligament"? that's something that would either belong in a software program or under the hood of a car and as far as I can tell the "alanthicke bone" might have something to do with a rock group, but he's got me there. i'm surprised that he didn't reference the "third" metacarpal bone, as that is the one used to give someone the finger.

Alan Thicke was the father on Growing Pains and one of the most popular television/music figures of all-time... in Canada. ;)

Last edited:
I definately can say that for sure. No professional athlete is capable of playing on a fractured foot. The pain & swelling is unbelieveable. If I couldn't do, no one could...I couldn't even come close. The thought of playing wouldn't even enter someone's mind. Not with a fracture or broken bone in their foot.

Go call a doctor if you don't believe me.

First time poster, long-time lurker. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kevin McHale play in the Finals in 87 with a fractured foot?

heh heh. maybe someone else made this point in the merged threads, but is there any chance at all that BB, feeling suckered by the "Rivers and Gates probably won't play but Ladanian will play for sure" spin out of San Diego last week (to the point where they took LT off the injured list on Friday), that BB is messing with the Giants' game prep and heads? "OK, Tom, go see your girlfriend in New York and be sure you get photographed wearing this thing on your foot. You might even limp a little."

I agree...I mentioned earlier that this is all part of the Belichik master plan.

First time poster, long-time lurker. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kevin McHale play in the Finals in 87 with a fractured foot?

If he did, it was not a metatarsil bone. When you fracture one of those, you're foot swells grotesquely and the pain is too much. Especially for a basketball player who has to constantly jump.

http://www.footphysicians.com/footankleinfo/metatarsal-fractures.htm

Stress Fractures
Stress fractures are tiny, hairline breaks that are usually caused by repetitive stress. Stress fractures often afflict athletes who, for example, too rapidly increase their running mileage. Or they may be caused by an abnormal foot structure, deformities, or osteoporosis. Improper footwear may also lead to stress fractures. Stress fractures should not be ignored, because they will come back unless properly treated. Symptoms of stress fractures include:

-Pain with or after normal activity
-Pain that goes away when resting and then returns when standing or during activity
-"Pinpoint pain" (pain at the site of the fracture) when touched
Swelling, but no bruising

I had a stress fracture in my 5th metatarsal during track in college and I had to wear the exact same boot. Not trying to scare anyone, but its not that bad of a sign. Its a walking boot and is probably just preventative/to not further aggravate whatever is bothering him.

Last edited:
If he did, it was not a metatarsil bone. When you fracture one of those, you're foot swells grotesquely and the pain is too much. Especially for a basketball player who has to constantly jump.

http://www.footphysicians.com/footankleinfo/metatarsal-fractures.htm

Stress Fractures
Stress fractures are tiny, hairline breaks that are usually caused by repetitive stress. Stress fractures often afflict athletes who, for example, too rapidly increase their running mileage. Or they may be caused by an abnormal foot structure, deformities, or osteoporosis. Improper footwear may also lead to stress fractures. Stress fractures should not be ignored, because they will come back unless properly treated. Symptoms of stress fractures include:

-Pain with or after normal activity
-Pain that goes away when resting and then returns when standing or during activity
-"Pinpoint pain" (pain at the site of the fracture) when touched
Swelling, but no bruising

If it were a stress fracture that bad I think they'd have him on crutches and not just the boot.

Right on, PatriotsReign. I did a little more research, and it was in fact a stress fracture McHale suffered. Can't find what bone, but most of the articles I read made it seem painful, but not serious.

I don't think any of us will really know what's happening here, as the Pats tend to keep things close to the vest. Sure hope it won't be a factor in the SB. If the Giants win, it should be because they were better, not because we showed up with some bullets missing in the chamber (although I suppose Chargers fans would say the same).

Thanks for the clarification.

All I can think is IF it were serious at all he wouldn't be running off to NY with his gf the very next day.

The Pats are lucky that Brady has two weeks to get better.

I'm sure he'll play the whole game in the Superbowl but will

pass on the Pro Bowl the following week.

Ah, the naive Patriots Bandwagon Nation is in full effect. LOL. "Bill Belichick's master plan" huh? Looks like TMZ has stumped him.

Seems Brady was jealous of all the Phillip Rivers talk about playing without an ACL, so as usual he decides to go drama queen to make it all about himself being the extreme narcissist he is. Brady is hands down the biggest pansy in the modern day ****ified NFL. He makes the most effeminate kicker in the league look like Chuck Lidell. Anytime a defender even brushes him he runs screaming to the refs for a flag. He's become a much bigger primadonna than Peyton ever was. Brady probably just has a blister on his toe.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/22/tom-brady-cast-away/

Right, that's the only logical conclusion to come to here. And then you make fun of the "Patriots bandwagon" for coming up with a farfetched idea. Awesome post man.

You're right about one thing, it's funny people are making such a big deal of this when Rivers played without a damn knee. Brady will be fine.

Tom will be just fine,it's just mind games leading up-towards the Super Bowl.

Now when you cgo to TMZ.com, not when you click on the link provided, they took down the post about the cast being gone but still have up the post with the video of the cast...hmmmm. And it didn't really make sense to begin with because they posted both today, the video with the cast first, and said that the video was shot this morning and the castless photos were from last night, but then still said he appeared to have healed in a day. The timing is off because according to them the dinner photo would have been from the night before, it wouldn;t mean that his cast was off from this morning. None of it makes sense and I can;t wait to hear what is actually going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes