PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***Official AFCCG Gameday Thread: Patriots v. Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my own damned fault. I said, it's past 3:30, how can it hurt to watch a little pregame before I head off the the local pizza place and sports bar to watch the game. So I turn on CBS (I know better than to watch BSPN under any conditions). and what is the first thing I see, its a the CBS guy and the Denver DL (Ware Wolfe and Miller, I think) and what is the 2nd question out of his mouth. "Does Tom Brady get special attention from the refs?" ....and my head almost exploded. This has been going on all week now, especially over at BSPN. The casual football fan now believes Brady is a crybaby, and the networks are backing that up.

Forget about the fact that he gets roughing calls fewer than most NFL QB's. Forget about his unmatched toughness over 15 years of work. NOOOOOOOOOOO. It wasn't about Peyton's HGH. It wasn't about the screw job the NFL gave Brady and he's had to live through for over a year (and STILL has to live through) Today. It wasn't about the singular unique record Brady has managed over 15 years of work, and UNLIKE Manning and UNLIKE Montana, and UNLIKE Marino, he's still as good as ever. NOOOOOO, before the 2nd biggest game of the year, the narrative is Tom Brady - crybaby - gets special treatment.

Well I just got finished picking up the pieces of my exploded head and I'm wondering whatever possessed me to watch eve 5 minutes of pre-game crap....because that is all it took. :rolleyes:

It's my own damned fault. I said, it's past 3:30, how can it hurt to watch a little pregame before I head off the the local pizza place and sports bar to watch the game. So I turn on CBS (I know better than to watch BSPN under any conditions). and what is the first thing I see, its a the CBS guy and the Denver DL (Ware Wolfe and Miller, I think) and what is the 2nd question out of his mouth. "Does Tom Brady get special attention from the refs?" ....and my head almost exploded. This has been going on all week now, especially over at BSPN. The casual football fan now believes Brady is a crybaby, and the networks are backing that up.

Forget about the fact that he gets roughing calls fewer than most NFL QB's. Forget about his unmatched toughness over 15 years of work. NOOOOOOOOOOO. It wasn't about Peyton's HGH. It wasn't about the screw job the NFL gave Brady and he's had to live through for over a year (and STILL has to live through) Today. It wasn't about the singular unique record Brady has managed over 15 years of work, and UNLIKE Manning and UNLIKE Montana, and UNLIKE Marino, he's still as good as ever. NOOOOOO, before the 2nd biggest game of the year, the narrative is Tom Brady - crybaby - gets special treatment.

Well I just got finished picking up the pieces of my exploded head and I'm wondering whatever possessed me to watch eve 5 minutes of pre-game crap....because that is all it took. :rolleyes:

I'm getting a backlog of Photoshop ideas here, this one being a way to combine a screenshot of talking heads with a designated driver PSA. Something in the vein of " friends don't let friends watch The NFL Today".

My generations Bird and Magic.

I'm gonna cherish this one last time.

Bracing myself for Nantz's ballwashing of Manning.

Finally gametime, I am soooo ready!!!!!!!!!

Just logged on and tuned in. Nervous! I hope we're not all overconfident. Go Pats!

Look at all that orange. It's literally making me sick. And some of you wanted this.

Jamie Collins yawning.

He's gonna have a monster game.

Quick! Someone que the Talib hip injury in pregame warm ups!

OK let's go!!!!!!!!

Are you Joker?

pats win toss

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results