Status
Not open for further replies.
DAY ONE:

Manny Lawson

Richard Marshall (trade up with a 4th)

Maurice Drew/Jerrius Norwood

Greg Jennings

JJDChE said:
How many rounds early was Mankins picked? ;)

:yeahthat:

Marshall won't make it past the Jets @ 29. Mark Anderson, who like Marshall is a good character guy, is underrated and by the time we pick in the second the talent at OLB/DE will be thin (Kiwanuka, Howard, and Hali will most likely be gone). They're not sexy picks by any means; Borges would be pissed.

Last edited:
Trade down with Indy to 29: Nick Mangold, C
#52 Greg Jennings
:rocker:

If we want guys who can step in immediately and help us win a SB this upcoming season then I'd go:

1 - RB. DeAngelo Williams
2 - WR. Greg Jennings

If we want to take riskier players, who come with tremendous upside, but who probably won't see much action as contributors to a SB run this upcoming year then I'd go:

1 - OLB. Kamerion Wimbley (or Manny Lawson)
2 - CB. Demario Minter

re

Feep_FLA said:
Trade down with Indy to 29: Nick Mangold, C
#52 Greg Jennings
:rocker:

I like the thinking for Mangold. I am beginning to suspect that WR and CB (especially corner, due to the youth of the secondary) will be filled through trades or signings (Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Ty Law, etc etc). That leaves the first three picks on Mangold, a blocking TE, and a linebacker. But what do I know, I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn in ages.

Last edited:
Round 1: C Mangold
Round 2: TE Dominic Byrd or Mercedes Lewis

I too could see them dropping back a few spots to grab Mangold.

Round 1- Lawson/Carpenter/ or Tye Hill
Round 2 - Maurice Stovall

re

Interesting that no one has predicted a major trade up, for someone like Huff for example. Anyone else? Last day before the draft!

Also, due to the Javon Walker excitement, I'm going to offer a 24-hour exploding prediction based off bakes' suggestion:
Pats trade #21 for Javon Walker and the Packers #36 (giving up 260 points, or a 3rd rounder).

Trade: Javon Walker
#36: Mathias Kiwanuka
#52: Abdul Hodge

Last edited:
maverick4 said:
Interesting that no one has predicted a major trade up, for someone like Huff for example.

Huff is not getting out of the top ten. BB already said we can't get there.

Most likely scenario (and my prediction):

21. Richard Marshall, CB, Fresno St.
52. Gerris Wilkinson, ILB, Georgia Tech (The requisite WTF?! pick)

Another likely scenario:

21. Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio St.
52. Maurice Stovall, WR, Notre Dame

Trade Scenario:

21 for 26 and 88

26. Donte Whitner, S, Ohio St.
52. Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia (What, you think we wouldn't take another?)

Guys I like at these spots:

21. Kamerion Wimbley, Manny Lawson, Chad Jackson, Richard Marshall
52, 75, 86. Demetrius Williams, Joseph Addai, Thomas Howard, David Pittman

My Ideal Draft: Wimbley/Lawson, Marcus McNeill, Demetrius Williams and David Pittman, Roman Harper (4th) and Mike Hass (4th)

re

OK, after debating about a dozen different scenarios, I think it will still be Santonio Holmes and Mathias Kiwanuka. In rounds 3 and 4, they will take guys like Wilkerson and Hoyte.

maverick4 said:
OK, after debating about a dozen different scenarios, I think it will still be Santonio Holmes and Mathias Kiwanuka. In rounds 3 and 4, they will take guys like Wilkerson and Hoyte.

I really, really hope, and think that you're wrong.

maverick4 said:
I have really enjoyed the debates about college players and the draft. Now, it's time to gather an official record of people's picks three days before the draft, to see how close or far off we were on guessing Belichick's actual moves. You can make any prediction, such as trading up, trading down, packaging picks, staying put...basically whatever you think will actually happen. I'll go first, by listing the position targeted, and then my guess as to who will actually be picked.

Pick l Position l Player:
#21: Wide Receiver. Guess: Santonio Holmes
#52: DE (conversion to OLB). Guess: Mathias Kiwanuka

Rationale: I actually think the Pats will move around A LOT in this draft, but since it's so difficult to project, I will just say for now that they stay put with their first two picks. I know Belichick believes in spending top picks on quality players who play on the O and D-line, but the Pats ultimately have big starter-holes at LB and WR that need to be filled. I originally went LB for the first pick, but since LB depth is better than WR depth this year, I thought the Pats would take the best receiver first. I think both Holmes and Kiwanuka will fall. Also, off topic, I think Graham gets traded for picks before the season starts.

im going with chad greenway and javon walker(trade 2nd rounder for walker)

first four picks

1) Chad Greenway
2) Maurice Stovall
3) Jeremy Trueblood
4) Anthony Fasano

re

Richter said:
I really, really hope, and think that you're wrong.

Just curious, do you have hatorade for Holmes or Kiwanuka? Where's your beef?

maverick4 said:
Just curious, do you have hatorade for Holmes or Kiwanuka? Where's your beef?

I don't like Holmes at all. I don't think his game will translate to the pros. Kiwi is ok I guess, there are other tweeners I like better, but I wouldn't be distraught if we picked him up in the second. Holmes will be a waste of a pick though, I think. The only hope I have if we were to pick him, is that the BB and the Pats (and Brady) seem to get the most out of smaller receivers.

re

Richter said:
I don't like Holmes at all. I don't think his game will translate to the pros. Kiwi is ok I guess, there are other tweeners I like better, but I wouldn't be distraught if we picked him up in the second. Holmes will be a waste of a pick though, I think. The only hope I have if we were to pick him, is that the BB and the Pats (and Brady) seem to get the most out of smaller receivers.

Well, your wish may be granted if the Pats somehow sign Walker or Driver in the next 15 hours. If only Denver would let him get on an airplane!

CB Richard Marshall and WR Stovall

OK, here goes...

We swap picks (down) with either the Bucs or Giants (23 and 25), our first and (highest) fourth, for their first and third.

then we take-

1st round: Jason Allen, Tenn, S/CB

2nd round: Tim Dobbins, Iowa St., ILB

DeAngelo Williams RB
Stallworth WR (via trade)
Gabe Watson DT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back