PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 1st/2nd Round Draft Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First - Richard Marshall (although I could see Manny Lawson/Bobby Carpenter)
Second - Move up a little and get Joseph Addai

Day one for us:

Manny Lawson

Darnell Bing

Maurice Drew

Maurice Stovall

re

Hi all, BEAUTIFUL day today!!

With Buffalo and Detroit messing up their picks, it looks like the two DT's will fall a little further, altering 10-20. The Pats should have their pick of good players to choose from at 21!!

Last edited:
definatley..
1. STL takes a DB like Williams or Hill
2. Cleveland takes Bunkley..Ngata
3. Baltimore takes Bunkley..Ngata or Cutler

^if most of those happen..Wimbley or Lawson will definatley be avaible there for us and im excited

re

Remix 6 said:
definatley..
1. STL takes a DB like Williams or Hill
2. Cleveland takes Bunkley..Ngata
3. Baltimore takes Bunkley..Ngata or Cutler

^if most of those happen..Wimbley or Lawson will definatley be avaible there for us and im excited

Most of the players we wanted were there at #21, but Belichick went with Maroney! The Pats must have REALLY wanted him. Wonder how many people had RUNNING BACK on their official predictions...

I thought this thread would be fun to raise from the ashes so we could see how accurate or off our predictions were about rookies from the 2006 draft.

Who were BUSTS/STUDS, and who were SUPRISES?

Off the bat, I'd say Maroney proved to a GREAT pick, Chad Jackson gets an incomplete grade, and Dave Thomas looks solid. As for other rookies, it's no surprise Vince Young and Matt Leinart were good, but I didn't see Marques Colston doing anything and he might be rookie of the year.

I'm going to take a look back at the 06 draft in a bit, and see how it shook out after 1 year.

i hear Hofstra coaches bad mouthed Colston to NFL teams and he fell drastically...not that he was a 1st rounder but definatley not 7th

Round 1 only

Goods: Williams, Bush, Young, Ferguson,Hawk, Whitner, Sims, Leinart, Cutler, Ngata, Wimbley, Hill, Hali, Maroney, Lawson, Joseph, Joseph, Holmes, Williams, Jennings, Addai,Mangold, Kiwanuka

Bad/Nothing special yet Davis, Huff, Bunkley, Allen, Greenway, Carpenter, Cromartie, McCargo, Lewis

pretty sure that how the grades would be so far..as a rookie cant expect much. only 1 im not sure of is Cromartie..he played great in PS..hes the nickel no picks but they say he struggles in zone and goes for INT too much

Last edited:
I said DeMaco Ryans and Greg Jennings a few weeks ago.

I'm changing to Manny Lawson and Greg Jennings now.
Woohoo, I love Maroney but either of my top two rounds still looks good ;)

Woohoo, I love Maroney but either of my top two rounds still looks good ;)

Lawson and Jennings were great picks and I agreed with you at the time. I was wrong thinking they had to move up to get Lawson. I am very happy with Maroney as well. If only they didn't trade up to get Jackson they would have had another pick to select Chris Gocong or Mark Anderson (5th Rd).

If only they didn't trade up to get Jackson they would have had another pick to select Chris Gocong or Mark Anderson (5th Rd).
Christ, put Jennings in at our original #2, Anderson with the pick we used to move up and keep the rest of the draft the same . . . :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back