PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensive Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like a LT just in case. Clausell from the PS or somebody floating around. Couldn't hurt.

Chris (Bob) Barker--c'mon down.

I'm guessing that we'll be able to get a read on the possibility of Vollmer/Cannon playing by whether or not Belichick makes this move in the next few days.

Chris (Bob) Barker--c'mon down.

I'm guessing that we'll be able to get a read on the possibility of Vollmer/Cannon playing by whether or not Belichick makes this move in the next few days.

I doubt a guard is the best fit, but if there's two more, maybe.

I doubt a guard is the best fit, but if there's two more, maybe.

My bad. I could've sworn that we saw Barker playing outside during preseason either this summer or last.

He's not ideal size at 6'2" but who knows?

My bad. I could've sworn that we saw Barker playing outside during preseason either this summer or last.
I believe that Barker played LT in more than one game in this preseason.

I don't think that Belichick thinks that Barker did a good job. If Belichick did, Barker would be on the 53 man roster.

In the meantime, I just love me some Shaq Mason!

14aec5b1912c162d6d710d5188f3d900.jpg

This Giants team is 4-4 if I'm not mistaken and looks like they are again having that world cup season (every 4 years) when they make the playoffs by the skin of the teeth and get hot in the playoffs and luck in the SB.

If Vollmer is not playing and we somehow lose this game, it can be catastrophic, we need to crush the Giants and steal their soul. This and Denver's game are the most important games remaining for us.

Last edited:
This Giants team is 4-4 if I'm not mistaken and looks like they are again having that world cup season (every 4 years) when they make the playoffs by the skin of the teeth and get hot in the playoffs and luck in the SB.

If Vollmer is not playing and we somehow lose this game, it can be catastrophic, we need to crush the Giants and stole their soul. This and Denver's game are the most important games remaining for us.
Every game's important, but any NFC game is going to be among the least important, really.

if vollmer is out they will just line JPP on the right side

Zolak on "Monday Night Patriots" tonight

From what I understand Cannon’s very close to coming back and they didn’t really go with a concussion yet on Vollmer, but it’s a head injury,” said Zolak. “So I’ve got to think when Vollmer’s back - and maybe it’s this week - he’s left side, Cannon’s right tackle, you kick Stork back inside so you bolster the guard position, David Andrews has been out of sight at center"
When Cannon was healthy (for a few minutes), he was the LT and Vollmer was at RT. Has something changed that would make us think that Belichick now sees Vollmer as the LT and Cannon as the RT?

Eli looks like a world beater against us. They have to hit him early and often. The giants offensive line has been very good

My thread isn't about good injury news, but thanks.

Gee, that's funny because your OP distinctly asks about the statuses of Vollmer, Jackson and Cannon in regards to the O-line. Helps to read the thread suggested instead of just ignoring it out of hand because you don't like the title..

Yes, we saw him playing outside. But, take into consideration that Barker is only 6'2 5/8 inches with a wingspan under 80". He also made Jordan Devey look good while playing OT.. and that should tell you something.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Eli looks like a world beater against us. They have to hit him early and often. The giants offensive line has been very good
He was mediocre in both games 4 years ago, and that was literally one of the worst pass defenses in the history of the NFL. 2007 was a lifetime ago and is completely irrelevant at this point, but he was mediocre in those 2 games as well (albeit against a good D).

The Giants have won 3 straight against the Pats. Outside of that dime to Manningham, he did very little to impress me in those matchups.

When Cannon was healthy (for a few minutes), he was the LT and Vollmer was at RT. Has something changed that would make us think that Belichick now sees Vollmer as the LT and Cannon as the RT?

Vollmer playing a few games at LT.

if vollmer is out they will just line JPP on the right side

They'll line JPP up in multiple places regardless of the Pats O-line.

The Pats will use Michael Williams a lot like they did last game. I forget who it was, but one of either Reiss, Price or Howe mentioned that Fleming had help on 7 plays while Stork had help on 19 plays..

JPP playing will make it tough for the offense on passing downs.. They'll just have to be unique in when they pass vs. when they run..

The Defense is going to be tested against Eli.. He seems to have gotten hot thank to the Saints game.. I'm hoping we can douse that fire..

if we could dress more then 5 O linemen, I would be so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST