PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offense injuries known and suspected -- the elephant in the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typing for myself here, when someone is making every third or fourth post on a thread and responding with walls of text each time, I start skipping ahead. If you want your thoughts and ideas to be given consideration, brevity is your friend. Take a moment to edit so you are not repeating yourself. If someone writes stuff like "Everything I suggested before the game yesterday came try", I have a harder time appreciating their brilliance and foresight and the fact that they know more than everyone else when I'm busy trying to figure out what exactly they mean to say.

I really don't care.

It's not that I think I know more than "everyone else", it's that insecure people attack to over-compensate, so I feel a need to point out what really was said or happened.

And, to be fair, being critical of Brady's crap play at times, while unpopular, is legit.

This is a message board. People will figure out who has a clue and who doesn't, regardless of rate or posting or substance. I think I have plenty of substance.

Should have brung in another body at wr. This wr corps is basically on life support with the edelman knee issue.

Is it? Brady looked better with Edelman in reduced snaps this week, minus a few horrible throws for TDs.

Did you his first throw of the game to a wide open Sanu? lol

I mean, come on, dude. Brady doesn't have binkies to his liking, so he's "pouted" all year to during games to voice his displeasure.

Is it? Brady looked better with Edelman in reduced snaps this week, minus a few horrible throws for TDs.

I mean, come on, dude. Brady doesn't have binkies to his liking, so he's "pouted" all year to during games to voice his displeasure.

You are a broken record of below average thought.

I’m so happy for all of the Brady apologists to have another excuse for his mediocre play this year. You are truly blessed.

Can any of you take time away from the wagon circling, to show me the objective evidence that an elbow injury (tendinitis seems most likely, but could be a bone bruise) makes a quarterback globally less accurate (short hops, wide right, wide left and too high, all of which we have see from him this year? If you use a baseball picture as an analogy, velocity should be the most noticeable deficit, if any. His elbow injury should have no effect on his ability to pass to open receivers or to stand in the pocket and step into his throws in the face of pressure. He’s the GOAT but he is also part of the problem on offense this year.

Awesome. Another TB is done thread.
Every player in the league is dealing with injuries this time of year.

Some teams have a little more healthy, crucial, roster spots less beat up.

Can we stop with "Cliff" 5h!t. The guys his busting his *** with an injury, for you.
With the worst (injured) O line I can think of recently.

Did Mahomes fall off a cliff when he was hurt. Cam? Rodgers? Brees , Ben?.....
No they sat on the F'n sidelines and lost!!! (except for Brees maybe).

But, man give the guy a break. He's doing his best under bad circumstances.

Injuries, rookies...

BTW, he got us to the playoffs again. Yeah, Cliff

I really don't care.

It's not that I think I know more than "everyone else", it's that insecure people attack to over-compensate, so I feel a need to point out what really was said or happened.

And, to be fair, being critical of Brady's crap play at times, while unpopular, is legit.

This is a message board. People will figure out who has a clue and who doesn't, regardless of rate or posting or substance. I think I have plenty of substance.
Dude, you joined a week ago and already making friends. :p
Wow, here a week and already making friends. :p

I don’t understand the dilemma? Injuries are part of football equations. There’s no mystery and no problem understanding this. Now, I do get it that it’s human nature to determine blame but there’s no blame to lay. Yes, Tom is getting towards the end and we just do not have quality personnel at various positions. You just can’t protect an aging yet still great quarterback with jags, receivers who seem to have problems with getting open, jags at running back and or o line. I’m not calling our running backs jags. Sony is actually really good if you employ quality guys to block. Ok so here we are. If you can’t block, have not true tight ends, sub par o line folks and no money time receivers ala amendola- gronk- moss- or others. Then what’s the issue? Honestly, I feel like a fortunate man to have witnessed all this. Even this year, with its obvious short fall is not too bad. Good record, great defense, and overall great team. In the NFL, ya just can’t win every year

And this guy claims I am wrong more than being right?

He's clearly a Brady Apologist, so he cannot be taken seriously here.

I am a proud forever "Brady Apologist", who has contended both this year and last year there is an overall decline in his performance.. does anyone ever remember a post game presser where #12 appeared at the post game podium where he showed any evidence of injury?? After the KC loss he showed up with a wrap and ice pack on his elbow, that was somewhat telling..

OTOH could give a rat's butt whether I should be taken seriously or not seriously..

I’m so happy for all of the Brady apologists to have another excuse for his mediocre play this year. You are truly blessed.

Can any of you take time away from the wagon circling, to show me the objective evidence that an elbow injury (tendinitis seems most likely, but could be a bone bruise) makes a quarterback globally less accurate (short hops, wide right, wide left and too high, all of which we have see from him this year? If you use a baseball picture as an analogy, velocity should be the most noticeable deficit, if any. His elbow injury should have no effect on his ability to pass to open receivers or to stand in the pocket and step into his throws in the face of pressure. He’s the GOAT but he is also part of the problem on offense this year.
Oh, you’re an Orthopedist. Thanks for enlightening us.

I really don't care.

I made no mention of criticizing Brady's play, but I thank you for being fair about it. Just offering some friendly advice with regard to brevity and its virtues. I appreciate you pointing out that this is a message board, that is helpful and substantive. Do you by chance happen to know anyone name of Chris Stevenson?

So your contention is that an elbow injury on the throwing arm has no effect on accuracy?

Doc I’d like a second opinion!

One thing to think about...

Last year people were all “Brady’s not declining, it’s just that knee injury.”

Now this year it’s “Brady’s not declining, it’s just that elbow injury.”

Having lingering, significantly performance-affecting injuries may well *be* how decline/cliff/whatever you want to call it manifests itself.

Certainly with age it becomes easier to get injured and slower to heal. Also, being older means a given severity of injury may well have stronger effects on performance than the same severity of injury would have when the player was younger

You make a good point about the injuries, though I think people were nuts to think he was declining in 2018. He was only down about 5-6 points in passer rating from his previous MVP year (using passer rating as general gauge, as that is also how it seemed, one notch below) but that’s with Gronkowski badly hobbled and Cooks gone (Edelman returned, but Amendola left and Hogan declined, so that part was more of a wash.). He looked just as sharp as always.

2019 is a totally different story than ever before in his career. Beyond the accuracy issues, he just doesn’t look confident, which I never remember from Brady besides in certain games. This has been going on for months.

You make a good point about the injuries, though I think people were nuts to think he was declining in 2018. He was only down about 5-6 points in passer rating from his previous MVP year (using passer rating as general gauge, as that is also how it seemed, one notch below) but that’s with Gronkowski badly hobbled and Cooks gone (Edelman returned, but Amendola left and Hogan declined, so that part was more of a wash.). He looked just as sharp as always.

2019 is a totally different story than ever before in his career. Beyond the accuracy issues, he just doesn’t look confident, which I never remember from Brady besides in certain games. This has been going on for months.
It's hard to have confidence in receivers that don't know where they're going or can't execute because of injury while working behind a hobbled OL.

It's hard to have confidence in receivers that don't know where they're going or can't execute because of injury while working behind a hobbled OL.

and when they do run a route correctly, the ball is delivered and they drop it.

A compromise would be to pull Brady at the half if we;re ahead.

I think it’s a very good question. They need to beat the Bills which locks up the division and the Bills are a bit tougher. In Week 17, assuming KC beats Chicago next week, NE needs to beat Miami to get the 2 seed and a bye week. The question becomes - do you keep wearing out Brady to give him a week off the next week, or do you just give him Week 17 off and try to win with your top-shelf defense and a game plan built around Stidham? Best case scenario is you still beat the Dolphins and everybody gets the bye week and a home game, worst case scenario is no bye and they have to play in the wild card round (at home) but Brady still got a week off, but then you have to play the next 1-2 rounds away.

I think the most importance will be placed on winning out to secure the bye week for the whole team (and there are a lot of nagging injuries so they could use it), but there’s some credence to the thought of giving Brady rest, I think. I wonder if they think they can beat Miami at home with Stidham.

I believe that Brady fully participated in practice. I don't know why he isn't being rested. Perhaps, this type of injury isn't helped by rest.

All these trolls are so damn lucky that they don't have to face the impenetrable wall that was an argument with AndyJohnson. Where is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST