PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odrick on the rise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is Jackson was a better prospect coming out and what kind of impact did he make? Neither are Richard Seymour, people need to realize that. Odrick cannot replace seymour!

Umm.. He would "replace" Seymour in that Odrick would become the new RDE. No one is saying he'd be as good as Seymour from day 1. If that is what you are reading, then you are the one with the issues.

People were talking about Odrick PRIOR to the Senior Bowl practices. I had him as my top 3-4 DE for the Pats since mid year.. And, honestly, one bad game against LSU doesn't mean he's average like some people would like us to believe.

Hopefully, he'll be long gone by the time the patriots draft. Arthur Jones/vince oghobasse or even lindval joseph much later, better players.

Mike Wright is versatile which is something BB values highly in a player. I don't see Wright going anywhere anytime soon.

Unless someone BB covets highly drops, trade down for an extra pick in second and/or third. Deep draft and after top 5 -10 players are off the board there doesn't seem to be a big dropoff in talent thru the next 45 players or so according to the draft gurus.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the Pat's draft war room. :camera:

Last edited:
Heard Odrick on NFL Sirius today and he mentioned he has no scheduled meeting with the Pats and the announcers suggested that may be the Patriots not letting on about their interest.

Do the Pats normally take someone in the first couple rounds they have not had a private workout with?

Heard Odrick on NFL Sirius today and he mentioned he has no scheduled meeting with the Pats and the announcers suggested that may be the Patriots not letting on about their interest.

Do the Pats normally take someone in the first couple rounds they have not had a private workout with?

Mankins, but he may be the exception.

People were talking about Odrick PRIOR to the Senior Bowl practices. I had him as my top 3-4 DE for the Pats since mid year.. And, honestly, one bad game against LSU doesn't mean he's average like some people would like us to believe.

quotes of it didnt happen:p.

Last edited:
Good analysis of Pats draft interests for April.

If the player isn't on this list, more than likely he won't be drafted by Pats.

Go to Footballsfuture.com

( Can't post a link because I'm too new here)

Last edited:
Mankins, but he may be the exception.
Coach Scarnecchia worked Mankins out and he came to Gillette for a visit. Wilfork claims he never knew of NE interest, but he was a surprise slider who landed in their laps. I believe Ty Warren wasn't a visit either. 2005-2009 all of the first players selected had been to Gillette.

Coach Scarnecchia worked Mankins out and he came to Gillette for a visit. Wilfork claims he never knew of NE interest, but he was a surprise slider who landed in their laps. I believe Ty Warren wasn't a visit either. 2005-2009 all of the first players selected had been to Gillette.

I thought Warren did come in. I remember there was some talk about him being dresses in an suit and tie and very business-like, which impressed the brass.

I thought Warren did come in. I remember there was some talk about him being dresses in an suit and tie and very business-like, which impressed the brass.
Ty Warren in a dress would be impressive... :eek:

Jared Odrick fits Ravens, other 3-4 teams' mold | National Football Post

“He is a framed, prototypical 3-4 end,” Ravens director of college scouting Joe Hortiz said. “If you asked what a 3-4 end looks like, it’s Jared Odrick. He’s quick, he’s sudden off the ball, he’s got really good hands and explosion off the snap. He can get on the shoulder of a guy and get the offensive lineman turned, then squeeze through and get penetration, and then collapse down to the ball.

“He hasn’t played in a 3-4 scheme so he’ll need to develop more as a 3-4 end than he would as a 4-3 defensive tackle, but he’s got the prototypical size, power, strength and competitiveness. And he’s going to add pass rush from that position."

---

He's still #1 on my board for #22. I wonder what the Pats brass think of him?

I must be very tired. I read that last bit to say "impressive in bras". TGIF because I really need to catch up on some sleep over the weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back