PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odrick on the rise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Eric Mangini is going to steal Jared Odrick from the Pats just like how he took Vernon Gholston right before Belichick could.

On a more serious note, I do hope the Browns take him with the seventh pick because I don't see Odrick living up to the expectations of a top 10 pick and hopefully that'll get Mangini fired.

DaB. Look at the LSU Bowl game and tell me if you would like to rethink Ordick. He should not even be a first round consideration. He was mauled. And not doubled. Let's look elsewhere. Let the Browns have him.
DW Toys

I agree with you, I hope we don't draft him. He looked decent against crappy non-conference and big 10 teams. Weak against anyone who would actually be playing in the NFL. PSU guys bust anyways. I HOPE BB is not interested in this guy.

Arthur Jones is actually much better than him for what we do, Vince Oghobasse is also.

The idea of Odrick going 7th overall is hilarious. Please make this happen.

DaB. Look at the LSU Bowl game and tell me if you would like to rethink Ordick. He should not even be a first round consideration. He was mauled. And not doubled. Let's look elsewhere. Let the Browns have him.
DW Toys

I looked at the game. He made a lot of plays. The game is available online at Youtube. Not only that, the game was a slopfest. You're going to make the decisions based on a game played under the worst conditions for a football game all year? Odrick was applying pressure for a good part of the game. He showed outstanding speed on one sack in particular.

Same old refrain. Most PSU players bust. Confronted with the facts that prove this is wrong, people still stick to their incorrect analysis. I'm glad Belichick is savvier than that.

Last edited:
Tyson Jackson benefited last year from being the top 3-4 DE in the draft. Personally I think a team will reach on him early which will leave us looking at other guys to fill the spot.

The funny thing is Jackson was a better prospect coming out and what kind of impact did he make? Neither are Richard Seymour, people need to realize that. Odrick cannot replace seymour!

The funny thing is Jackson was a better prospect coming out and what kind of impact did he make? Neither are Richard Seymour, people need to realize that. Odrick cannot replace seymour!

He doesnt have to though. He just needs to be Jared Odrick

DW - Sorry, but your opinion means zilch. You've already shown that your ability to evaluate talent makes Bobby Grier look like the next coming of Vince Lombardi. Also, you are just parroting what Ochmed said. So you can't even think for yourself on it.

I have my own opinion about Ordick as you have seen on other threads but what ever you say, So what your saying is that your intellect and NFL expertise is far superior to mine and anyone else on this post?
You know what?
You are right. How can I argue with that. You win.
Feel better now?
Good night Sweet Prince!
DW Toys

Question is would Mike Wright remain as starter to open the season and let a rookie move himself in slowly or does the rookie start immediately?.

I really think Wright can hold his own at DE until BB deems a rookie ready to take over - Wright is underated.

if the browns take him at #7 will mike holmgren, is the GM i would be shocked they could throw in there 2th RD pick and move up to get Ndamukong Suh, if they want a 3-4 DE that bad.

a talent like seymour, dose not come around every year. Odrick, is not seymour, he is more like ty warren, ill take a young warren, at #22 he would be a big upgrade over with the pats have.

He's on the rise? What has he done since his last game. Not a damn thing.

An Upgrade at DE
Really?
Question is would Mike Wright remain as starter to open the season and let a rookie move himself in slowly or does the rookie start immediately?.

I really think Wright can hold his own at DE until BB deems a rookie ready to take over - Wright is underated.
This
He's on the rise? What has he done since his last game. Not a damn thing.
and this, nobody was talking about odrick until the senior bowl and combine. I don't think that a guy should go from being a good DE prospect to an upgrade over the solid Mike Wright just because of senior bowl practices.

Last edited:
not really impressed with him. probably not as good as warren. a player like him could be found as a free agent next year or even after the draft this year

He brings his tallness. That's about it. I'm sure he's a decent guy but he's not very good and wouldn't help the team. I see him being a mediocre player at best. 1st round he'd be a bust.:eek:

and this, nobody was talking about odrick until the senior bowl and combine. I don't think that a guy should go from being a good DE prospect to an upgrade over the solid Mike Wright just because of senior bowl practices.

People were talking about Odrick PRIOR to the Senior Bowl practices. I had him as my top 3-4 DE for the Pats since mid year.. And, honestly, one bad game against LSU doesn't mean he's average like some people would like us to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back