PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ochocinco: Gaining confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called "DEPTH".

Right now, I'm sure YOUR team wishes it had that at a certain position.

In the meantime, you keep going back to Branch.

If you've ever followed the Pats for more than two minutes, you'd know the Pats are NOT trying to replace Branch with Ochocinco this year.

You may as well complain that Ochocinco is not as good a field goal kicker as Gostkowski.

FTW, Brother Schmessy!! :rofl:

He has got to pick it up. Blanked again from the stat sheet.

The Chiefs were completely healthy at CB, but missing two safeties and an ILB. Using the TEs made a ton of sense.

By this same logic, Welker and Branch better pick it up! Both had only 2 catches apiece.

as were welker and branch basically except for a couple catches in garbage time. our passing offense was basically just Gronk this game with some hernandez.

it also doesnt help that our offense basically stalls the first half of the game putting us in a tough situation so brady has to go 2minute offense.

we almost need a blowout game where we can give Ocho/Taylor price lots of reps

That movie must have sucked ... :bricks:

By this same logic, Welker and Branch better pick it up! Both had only 2 catches apiece.

I think you are correct. KC was able to take away our WRs and come hard after Brady. If they had any offense it would have been a different game (although Palko threw for more yards than TB). It is not the first time and it will happen again. While the D has stepped up, the offense is slipping and needs to become better balanced and more consistent.

as were welker and branch basically except for a couple catches in garbage time. our passing offense was basically just Gronk this game with some hernandez.

it also doesnt help that our offense basically stalls the first half of the game putting us in a tough situation so brady has to go 2minute offense.

we almost need a blowout game where we can give Ocho/Taylor price lots of reps

Don't forget Bennie & Woodhead. They finally went to the screen game when Brady was under a lot of pressure in the first half, instead of trying the same thing over and over with no success (as has been their habit the last couple of years when they are having "that kind of game"). And what do you know, it worked!

I think you are correct. KC was able to take away our WRs and come hard after Brady. If they had any offense it would have been a different game (although Palko threw for more yards than TB). It is not the first time and it will happen again. While the D has stepped up, the offense is slipping and needs to become better balanced and more consistent.

I thougt they went to RB screens (finally!) to take some of the pressure off Brady, and it worked. I see this as an improvement (instead of forcing the ball over and over again to Welker in double and triple coverage).

Some fans continue to whine and bytch about Ocho Cinco, but what he does or does not do makes no matter, winning is everything.

One thing we know about BB is that if you are not producing, not preparing and not working hard you are gone.. so he sees something here. He does not fall in love with folks because of their reputation, or lack of reputation.

:spygate::spygate:

The Ocho Cinco "problem" is a nice problem.. this stuff is great for talk radio nontroversies, but it does not matter.. as the day breaks, soon can listen to the "Ocho Cinco Watch" on 98.5 and WEEI..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore