PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho....the invisible man

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem with our offense is it clearly lacks a deep threat. Ochocinco was brought in to be this person but he cannot do it. We need someone who stretches the field. This is a glaring weakness that the Steelers exposed. Next year we should address this problem in the draft. Can anyone say Blackmon from Oklahoma State? With a deep threat, this offense really opens up and becomes unstoppable.

:rofl: A deep threat when Brady did not even have time
to throw intermediate routes today. Seriously, think before you type.

Last edited:
Even the most ardent Ocho supporter is going to find it hard to defend him at this point in time.

He was open, problem is that Brady does not even look for him on his limited chances on the field. Looks like he is just a decoy. I saw him wide opened on two occasions and Brady never looked at anybody else but Branch.

He was open, problem is that Brady does not even look for him on his limited chances on the field. Looks like he is just a decoy. I saw him wide opened on two occasions and Brady never looked at anybody else but Branch.

I'm getting a little tired of the Ocho experiment, but on the other hand, why weren't Ahern and Gronk targeted more early on. Even Welker seemed to be under utilized. I'm just overall frustrated with the whole damn team today. I think Ocho is very expendable. I'm much more worried about our defense at the moment, so it's hard to make a rational assesment now. :confused:

I like Ocho. Really I do, but at this point I'd rather that money be tied up in an elite pass rusher, or Saftey, or CB. I don't see where there would be any dropoff in production between him and someone else like Price, or whomever. At least not at this point.

That's not based on today's game alone though because everyone was basically dominated not just Ocho.

its obviously ochocincos fault that the pats lost today!! I mean look at the big games for everyone....oh wait..no one not named rob gronkowski had good games

brady was bad, the offensive playcalling was bad, the defense was bad....its hard to take a thread blaming ochocinco seriously.

He won't be back next year but at this point we might as well keep him and see if he can come around. I know people are expecting big things from him but maybe we need to understand where he is now, and not where he was a few years ago. There is still over half the season left. He might be a factor at some point. I was excited to get both CO and AH but now we are 7 games in and it seems like they are never even on the field, much less a factor in the game. Hopefully it changes after Halloween.

I'm really impressed how the Steelers have found talent at WR.

All young guys who can run routes,catch the ball and get separation. Why is that so friggin hard for us to find?

ok, lets cut the crap. Cut this fool NOW ! He dosen't get it. He dosen't fit in with this team. There is zero confidence in him out there. He still dosen't grasp the playbook. His time is up up up. Time to cut your losses and move on. He will never work, period. Im sick of Brady looking to the sideline at the coach and shaking his head.:mad:

I like Ocho. Really I do, but at this point I'd rather that money be tied up in an elite pass rusher, or Saftey, or CB. I don't see where there would be any dropoff in production between him and someone else like Price, or whomever. At least not at this point.

That's not based on today's game alone though because everyone was basically dominated not just Ocho.

look at the bold....

when since BB did we go out and tie up money on ANYONE that can fit ANY of those tags????

my memory says never, and its not a trend i see changing

brady was bad

Yeah, right. When you have a 102 QB rating (considering his average is in the mid to high 80's), throw 2 TD's and 0 picks, you really bring the team down.

Damn that Tom Brady...

Hello, gentlemen and ladies. I'm a lifelong Bengals fan who now lives in Boston and roots for the home team (civic duty, at least when they don't play the Bengals). Thought I'd give my 2 pence here.

I must admit, I feel a bit sorry for Ocho. He thought he was going to heaven; instead, he was going into a no-win situation, with a large contract (and attached expectations), a QB who is notorious for deciding which targets he likes and which he doesn't, an offense with a lot of established weapons, and almost no practice/learning time on the offense. How exactly was he going to live up to expectations? Catch 10 passes a game? Never going to happen. Not with Welker/Gronk/Hernandez out there. He's better than Branch, even at this point in his career, but Brady's comfort level with Branch means that Branch is just going to see a lot more balls. Ocho was set up to fail.

Here's the scouting report on Ocho, by the way, after almost a decade of watching him: Very hard worker. Can make fantastic catches along the sideline, and one of the cleanest route runners in football. Deceptive speed. Prone to boneheaded penalties when not in the flow of the game. Occasionally (like TO) drops easy passes. Will freelance routes and get his QB into trouble. Excels when he sees a lot of passes thrown his way - when he's the focal point, he can take over a game. Known to disappear in big games. Sound like the guy the Pats traded for?

Ocho was, from the very beginning, an awful fit for what the Pats are trying to do here. But honestly, gentlemen, he's not the reason the Pats are losing. That defense is appalling. It reminds me of watching mid-90s Bengal defenses, and that is NOT a good thing.

Last edited:
Hello, gentlemen and ladies. I'm a lifelong Bengals fan who now lives in Boston and roots for the home team (civic duty, at least when they don't play the Bengals). Thought I'd give my 2 pence here.

I must admit, I feel a bit sorry for Ocho. He thought he was going to heaven; instead, he was going into a no-win situation, with a large contract (and attached expectations), a QB who is notorious for deciding which targets he likes and which he doesn't, an offense with a lot of established weapons, and almost no practice/learning time on the offense. How exactly was he going to live up to expectations? Catch 10 passes a game? Never going to happen. Not with Welker/Gronk/Hernandez out there. He's better than Branch, even at this point in his career, but Brady's comfort level with Branch means that Branch is just going to see a lot more balls. Ocho was set up to fail.

Here's the scouting report on Ocho, by the way, after almost a decade of watching him: Very hard worker. Can make fantastic catches along the sideline, and one of the cleanest route runners in football. Deceptive speed. Prone to boneheaded penalties when not in the flow of the game. Occasionally (like TO) drops easy passes. Will freelance routes and get his QB into trouble. Excels when he sees a lot of passes thrown his way - when he's the focal point, he can take over a game. Known to disappear in big games. Sound like the guy the Pats traded for?

Ocho was, from the very beginning, an awful fit for what the Pats are trying to do here. But honestly, gentlemen, he's not the reason the Pats are losing. That defense is appalling. It reminds me of watching mid-90s Bengal defenses, and that is NOT a good thing.

Bengals 2011 Defense: 5th Yardage, 4th PPG

How do you build a defense? Tell Belichick please.

Oddly Lewis will tell that you get rid of all the divas on offense... He actually said that in not so many words just last week...

Bill chose a unique approach to the lockout. He got rid of a few more of his own problem children and underperformers who knew the scheme but couldn't execute it and replaced them with some new including aging ones other merely mortal HC's couldn't win with... Hasn't proven to be one of his better ideas... Coaching wasn't all they were lacking.

Honestly, it took the Bengals two 1st round hits on CBs to bring the defense from 'abysmal' to 'mediocre', and it took a great defensive coordinator (Zimmer, after missing with Frazier and Bresnehan) and a couple of developing pass rushers to bring the defense up to a place where most might consider it good.

I respect Belichick a lot. He plays the draft better than anyone in the NFL. But I think you have to find those CBs and a pass rusher or two somewhere, and if you don't...

Will freelance routes and get his QB into trouble.

Excels when he sees a lot of passes thrown his way

when he's the focal point, he can take over a game.

Known to disappear in big games.

Ocho was, from the very beginning, an awful fit for what the Pats are trying to do here.

Some good stuff there ... the only logical answer to all of this to me is that Chad was signed as an expensive insurance policy if we ended up losing Hernandez and Welker to serious injury this year.

I'm shocked Ocho has done so little for this team. If he's not cut this week then many in that locker room (and outside) will think he's BB's very expensive pet and that's not a good thing.

Jeeez guys... Give him time!! He is "STILL LEARNING THE PLAYBOOK!!!" What a bunch of trolls!

85 RULES!! Woo WOO!! Go Pats!! Belichick knows best!! :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back