PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho....the invisible man

Status
Not open for further replies.
These post are beyond ignorant. Ocho is hardly on the field to get production anyway. People lying about him getting or not getting separation from the comforts of their couch??? Really? You see all that on your special tv with the special camera that for some reason focuses on Ocho.

With that said, if they could find a way to keep him productive in Cincy all these years with Kitna,Fitzgerald and Palmer throwing to him, tells you more about Brady and Bill. Bill doesnt seem to know how to use Ocho, kinda like the issues with defensive...... Weird how Marvin knew and was able to use Ocho all these years.

Actually, the last few seasons he wasn't close to being 'productive' for the Bengals. A 38 year old Terrel Owens came to the Bengals without even knowing the system and had a way better season than Ocho did. The fact that Chad even had some catches was because he knew the system and because, apart from TO, there really wasn't any other target to catch the football. His physical skills have sharply diminished and that's the main reason he isn't seeing the field much this season.

If the guy knows where he has to be and can catch the football, Brady will throw him the ball. Just look at Gronk and Hernandez last season. Is there any reason Brady/Belichick would trust two 20 year old rookies more than they would a veteran pro-bowler? This 'he doesn't see the field, the coaching staff/Brady just don't know how to utilize his skills' excuse is completely invalid. If you have the skills, you'll play and Brady will look your way. That's how it works on the Patriots offense, and that's how it has always worked.

I don't know if Ocho is open on passing plays or not, but he seldom sees the field, and when he does Brady either doesn't look his way, or the pass is incomplete. Now, you could put that on Brady, but seeing as he usually is on target with his other receivers, I'd say that's more of a trust/communication issue.

I don't know if Ocho is open on passing plays or not, but he seldom sees the field, and when he does Brady either doesn't look his way, or the pass is incomplete. Now, you could put that on Brady, but seeing as he usually is on target with his other receivers, I'd say that's more of a trust/communication issue.

I don't know about the rest of the plays but on 3rd down of the patriots first possession, I saw Brady throw to a triple covered Branch instead of a wide open Ocho who had clearly beat his man.

Actually, the last few seasons he wasn't close to being 'productive' for the Bengals. A 38 year old Terrel Owens came to the Bengals without even knowing the system and had a way better season than Ocho did. The fact that Chad even had some catches was because he knew the system and because, apart from TO, there really wasn't any other target to catch the football. His physical skills have sharply diminished and that's the main reason he isn't seeing the field much this season.

If the guy knows where he has to be and can catch the football, Brady will throw him the ball. Just look at Gronk and Hernandez last season. Is there any reason Brady/Belichick would trust two 20 year old rookies more than they would a veteran pro-bowler? This 'he doesn't see the field, the coaching staff/Brady just don't know how to utilize his skills' excuse is completely invalid. If you have the skills, you'll play and Brady will look your way. That's how it works on the Patriots offense, and that's how it has always worked.

Seriously doubt you know anything about Chad and the Bengals.And that's based on your own words! So yeah...anyway.

Last edited:
I'd rather see moss than Ocho Stinko. Too bad BB won't ever allow that to happen.

You know how bad this game was? Not only were all the players not named Gronkowski invisible, but half the players that are name Gronkowski were invisible too.

Welker 39 yards? Hernandez 9? Branch's 36 aren't overly impressive either.

i think Branch got hurt doing that stupid TD dance.

Dude, Ocho sucks. Time to face the facts.

So so unfair on him. What do you want him to do with 11 offensive snaps which he was targeted only once?

Anyone can whif on off season acquisitions, and BB had more than his share this year. Where he really failed with Chad O. is in failing to recognize his mistake.

What? Failing to recognize his mistake would be PLAYING HIM.
Having 85 as the last WR on the end of the bench is not a poor personell decision.

These post are beyond ignorant. Ocho is hardly on the field to get production anyway. People lying about him getting or not getting separation from the comforts of their couch??? Really? You see all that on your special tv with the special camera that for some reason focuses on Ocho.

With that said, if they could find a way to keep him productive in Cincy all these years with Kitna,Fitzgerald and Palmer throwing to him, tells you more about Brady and Bill. Bill doesnt seem to know how to use Ocho, kinda like the issues with defensive...... Weird how Marvin knew and was able to use Ocho all these years.

Its on the player to earn and deserve playing time.

Ochocinco is worse than Joey Galloway was and Galloway was gone after a few games.

BB is jeopardizing the team by keeping this guy on the roster. He's been hurting the offense. Brandon Tate/Sam Aiken/Isiah Stanback would all be better options than Chad.

Child Please!!!

BB has always liked Chad and that is one of the reasons he signed him, Ocho wanted to play for BB when he announced that last Feb, and he got his wish. He is really an odd WR IMO. He isn't really a vertical threat and he doesn't seem quick enough to be a slot WR. He's kinda like a Branch I guess, but I don't think that's what the Pats needed. They need a deep threat guy, dare I say Randy Moss. I know 2007 will never come again, but how much time do you give a guy to "learn" the offense, if he was producing results in practice, he wouldn't be the 3rd or 4th option.

Randy Moss came in here and lit it up his first game.

I'd give TP more snaps and cut Ocho, does it help the Patriots by cutting him? No not really, but it doesn't hurt either.

Some might say that he has already been paid why not keep him? Bodden made 229,000 during the Steelers game? Why not keep him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back