PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho....the invisible man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has been giving Ocho the benefit of the doubt so far. But for a guy who was pretty darn good in Cincy, he's absolutely a non-factor here. Can the guy really be that dumb that he can't learn our system? Or, have his skills eroded such that he just can't play anymore. Either way, we need to cut ties with him and bring in someone who at the least has a chance to stretch the field. Not sure who's out there to do that but even Moss would be a huge improvement (I think).

Everyone has been giving Ocho the benefit of the doubt so far. But for a guy who was pretty darn good in Cincy, he's absolutely a non-factor here. Can the guy really be that dumb that he can't learn our system? Or, have his skills eroded such that he just can't play anymore. Either way, we need to cut ties with him and bring in someone who at the least has a chance to stretch the field. Not sure who's out there to do that but even Moss would be a huge improvement (I think).

Anyone can whif on off season acquisitions, and BB had more than his share this year. Where he really failed with Chad O. is in failing to recognize his mistake.

a WR's job is to get open and catch the football

the catch? if the ball is not thrown to you when you DO get open, or if its thrown HORRIBLY, you arent gonna catch it no matter WHAT you do

this game was on brady, Ocho was open multiple times, and brady missed him, going for usually a much worse read

on that one deep ball on a post parttern by Ocho, he was going sideways, and Brady overthrew on a streak route

absolutely horrible-this week Ocho's invisibility is not his fault

Is this a joke? Ocho was open multiple times? LOL!!!! Did you watch the same game I did?

Lloyd was available via trade. Burress was available in the off-season. Braylon Edwards...shoot, I'll take Moss back at this point.

Thing is, the offense still does not concern me that much. It's the defense. The defense is putrid.

Last edited:
theres no point to cut him now, the money is spent. with Edelman injured, we're pretty thin at WR position....branch has never played a full 16game season....after our top 2, we have Ochocinco and Taylor Price

the pats best chance is to split #3 WR reps between ocho/price and hope one of them becomes a factor

its hard to blame ocho on this loss, pretty much everyone was invisible today....but everyone loves a scapegoat

BB never should have traded for this guy. I had my doubts when it happened, but I hoped for the best. I'm still waiting to see something from him. At this point, I doubt that there is anything to see. He is what he is...INVISIBLE.

Ocho runs the wrongs routes, has lined up wrong on LOS, can't get seperation, lost a step and is obviously a moron - and someone here said he's better than Branch? Are you insane? At least Branch knows where to go.

I knew Ocho was going to be a bust here. The guy did not fit from the word go.

Last edited:
Ocho runs the wrongs routes, has lined up wrong on LOS, can't get seperation, lost a step and is obviously a moron - and someone here said he's better than Branch? Are you insane? At least Branch knows where to go.

I knew Ocho was going to be a bust here. The guy did not fit from the word go.

he really did nothing yesterday that would say he runs the wrong routes or lines up wrong....he just never had an effect on the game...no one really did...

personally, I want to see more of this Taylor Price kid...seems hes getting worked more into the rotation....if brady threw a better ball, that may have been a nice long completion yesterday

Everyone has been giving Ocho the benefit of the doubt so far.

I can think of a guy who hasnt..
<-----

Guy was a bum last seaosn in Cincy who got out played by 85yr old T.O, and he is not even good enough to play in the league at this point.

Moss tweeted that he had "the itch" and was still in great shape.

just saying..

Moss tweeted that he had "the itch" and was still in great shape.

just saying..

Randy would be able to help our team more than Ocho....if anything he knows the routes and already has a familiarity with brady which is hard to build and can still run the deep route and get open...people want to harp on how poorly he played last year..but IMO thats more of a lack of focus than talent. he shut down mentally after the Vikings let him go...BUT he had some nice deep catches for both the pats/vikings(the one handed catch over revis, favres 500th touch down) so hes got the talent, and a deep threat is just what we need to open up this offense

on the other hand, Id like to see if Taylor Price can be something special...he has elite athleticism and showed yesterday that he can get separation from his defenders...we already have the "old vet WR" in branch...we could use more athleticism and speed

I don't know what good cutting him would do at this point. I did not see Ocho getting great separation during the game. I did see him a few times open enough to be targeted, but he is Tom's 3rd or 4th read at best and the O-line was not giving that much time yesterday. I think we need to hang on to him in case of injury. He obviously doesn't get very many game or practicereps as compared to branch, welker and the TE's and I think he could do much more if called upon. Cutting vets certainly isn't helping the defense.

If the dude aint put on the field how can he produce?

Getting pretty stupid.

I'm not asking to be a contrarion, I'm asking because I really don't know.....

What would be the benefit of cutting him versus keeping him as our fifth wide receive?

I'm not asking to be a contrarion, I'm asking because I really don't know.....

What would be the benefit of cutting him versus keeping him as our fifth wide receive?

Just to add on, I understand that he is making more money than the third and fourth guys, but does that really matter right now?

In 2001, when Brady officially took over for Bledsoe, would it have made sense for the Pats to cut Bledsoe right then and there?

I've said it from the beginning. This was a bad trade. Chad was never a burner, and he's slowed down. He's not a precise route runner. To add insult to injury, BB decided to rework his contract, resulting in 6 million a year.

I didn't like the trade. But before this week, I was fine with him on the roster and I'm still am. But that being said, I hope Taylor Price gets more reps than him.

These post are beyond ignorant. Ocho is hardly on the field to get production anyway. People lying about him getting or not getting separation from the comforts of their couch??? Really? You see all that on your special tv with the special camera that for some reason focuses on Ocho.

With that said, if they could find a way to keep him productive in Cincy all these years with Kitna,Fitzgerald and Palmer throwing to him, tells you more about Brady and Bill. Bill doesnt seem to know how to use Ocho, kinda like the issues with defensive...... Weird how Marvin knew and was able to use Ocho all these years.

These post are beyond ignorant. Ocho is hardly on the field to get production anyway. People lying about him getting or not getting separation from the comforts of their couch??? Really? You see all that on your special tv with the special camera that for some reason focuses on Ocho.

With that said, if they could find a way to keep him productive in Cincy all these years with Kitna,Fitzgerald and Palmer throwing to him, tells you more about Brady and Bill. Bill doesnt seem to know how to use Ocho, kinda like the issues with defensive...... Weird how Marvin knew and was able to use Ocho all these years.

Less on message boards and more on the playbook! Prompto!

Is the Prius a nice car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back