PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O-Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongside

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Big test for the leagues best unit.

Of all the matchups this week the o-line is the key. Jax plan will be to put as much pressure on Brady up the middle especially early. I just don't think they have the personel to drop 5 and 6 cover guys and still get pressure. They don't have the speed edge rushers but are powerful and get a tremendous push which then allows their LB's to hit the gaps untouched. If you have any of the Colts Jags games on DVR watch it and you will get a glimpse of the style in which they will play the pats.

Also, what I noticed was from the Colts game was how key blitz pickup was by Colts RBs so I expect to see Faulk out there a good amount of the times.

I surely hope that the Patriots use the hurry up, shotgun formation right from the opening drive. To try to establish the run is a waste of time, and it would be playing right into JAX plan to shorten the game. The Jags D is huge and I believe they will tire eventually. It also would be psychologically demoralizing to get burned by Brady/ Moss in quick strikes. Tha Jags are not a team that can make up a big deficit.

My only concern is the Pats D tiring, but I am hoping the veterans are able to pace themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST