PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O-Line play worse than that of the Secondary a couple years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

English Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Trying to hold back the frustration but this O-Line is nothing short of disgusting. I makes my blood boil watching all the top teams in the league bend over backwards to keep the lesser mobile QB's upright by investing in the o-line yet year after year Brady is not only neglected by throwing to average receivers but all of a sudden they don't even care if he is crushed by 250lb D-lineman all day.

It's a joke and i'm very envious of what they've done down in Denver, they knew Manning sees the light at the end of the football tunnel so they went all out for him in terms of o-line and receiving corps. THE PATS DID THE OPPOSITE FOR BRADY who is in the same situation age wise as Peyton.

Something has to be done about this, had enough of head scratching picks in the draft instead of going after offensive playmakers and had enough of overpaying for receivers that don't deserve the money instead of paying a bit more for the elite ones.

The majority of times this season i've seen Brady creamed he only needs probably another second to find his step and fire to his guy, but this crap line can't even give him 1 SECOND and that's on top of barely giving him the initial 1 second after the ball's snapped to begin with.

We all predicted a vastly superior defense to last years one and it looks like working out that way but i'm sorry you need at the very least a competent offense to compliment such a D and we don't have one and won't until the line and receiver situation is sorted.

If not for the play of Edelman this team would be 1-2 FACT.

I do believe the offensive line would make for a worse secondary than the one we fielded a few years ago.
Exactly, at least that secondary ball hawked and came up with huge plays but whenever Tom needs a bit of clutch play from the line on a 3rd down he gets destroyed.

It is frustrating because of this fact:

If not for our O-line we have the talent to be as good as anyone. Mark that down. If this O-line miraculously found a way to be improved we would be capable of beating anybody anywhere.

Hopefully it somehow gets better, because it's so frustrating to see that holding us back.

It is frustrating because of this fact:

If not for our O-line we have the talent to be as good as anyone. Mark that down. If this O-line miraculously found a way to be improved we would be capable of beating anybody anywhere.

Hopefully it somehow gets better, because it's so frustrating to see that holding us back.

Thank you! I think this team is almost on a Seattle level with just some above average O-Line play but they can't even give us below average!

Thank you! I think this team is almost on a Seattle level with just some above average O-Line play but they can't even give us below average!
I know we all miss Mankins, but who I really wish was here right now was Brian Waters from 2011. Him along with Mankins was one of the best Guard combos I'd ever seen.

I know we all miss Mankins, but who I really wish was here right now was Brian Waters from 2011. Him along with Mankins was one of the best Guard combos I'd ever seen.
Good god i get depressed thinking of the possibility compared to what wer have now. Mankins and Waters? Where can i sign up!

The 2011 pats were the arguably worst secondary (and overall defenses) to ever play in the Super Bowl

Good god i get depressed thinking of the possibility compared to what wer have now. Mankins and Waters? Where can i sign up!
Maybe they should kidnap Waters from his home in Texas by tying him up and carrying him out on a forklift. ;)

Maybe they should kidnap Waters from his home in Texas by tying him up and carrying him out on a forklift. ;)
Cannon and Devey or Waters sitting at home? Easy one for me.

The 2011 pats were the arguably worst secondary (and overall defenses) to ever play in the Super Bowl
I can only hope the 2014 Patriots can be the worst OL to ever play in a super bowl.

On the bright side, as horrible as that secondary was two seasons ago at the start, it became world's better with the Talib trade. I think the same is possible here if we find a solution at C, whether it be Stork or an impact trade. Not that Talib played amazing that year, but the trickle down effect with moving Arrington back to the slot and DMC to safety. I think you'd see a similar trickle down starting with Connolly moving back to G.

I think stork can help solidify the interior. But where does Fleming fit in? He has started one game, could he possibly replace Connolly at guard if stork is indeed the starting center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes