PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Note to Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a Draft Forum is needed, but for posts such as "USC's Pro Day" or "Nelson runs a 4.57."

It seems way too highly regulated at the moment. I made a post essentially about BBs postiive track record drafting Day 1 DBs and it was immediately moved.

No, its not hard for me to click to the Draft Forum (I do), but the simple fact is 90% of the members & posts occur in the main forum, so topics don't get the traction they would if they were simply in the main forum.

To sum, I think the Draft Forum is great for people wanting to talk about specific players, but when someone wants to talk about "Pats need go LB in Round 1" that is about the Patriots and it should be in the main forum.

Just my $0.02.

I think you have to lump them together. It's either all or nothing, really. If you're going to talk about draft prospects in a forum, then you need to put everything that pertains to those prospects in that forum. If you don't, then there's some threads in one forum that are closely related to some threads in another forum.

Seymour93 said:
So we're not supposed to discuss anything other than the Colts signing Rick DeMulling?

That's just the way it is this time of year. How active is the draft forum in September?

The Celts, Bruins & BC forums just do not deserve a forum. Why not merge all of that into one forum, Other Boston Sports. Something like that.

When people come on and see a forum like the Boston Bruins and there is about 20 posts in there...it just does not deserve its own forum. Less forums is better...just bringing this up because a the Boston Sports category should just be one forum.

Doesnt have anything to do with the draft forum but I wanted to bring it up anyways.

I can agree with that.

I actually agree with this and to the point that threads started getting hyjacked out of the main forum, this was the attitude that I maintained. However when a thread is started in the main forum, and meant for that audience, it shoud stay there and not be moved.

I wouldn't call them "hijacked." When a thread is moved, it's moved. That's it. Nothing changes.

That's just the way it is this time of year.

No, that's not the way it has been. In the past the draft board existed side by side with the main forum. Those "draft nics" who prefered to post in this specialized area did so, and more general draft discussion was tolerated on the main board. There were some similar items on each board, was this really a problem?

I think you have to lump them together. It's either all or nothing, really. If you're going to talk about draft prospects in a forum, then you need to put everything that pertains to those prospects in that forum. If you don't, then there's some threads in one forum that are closely related to some threads in another forum.

That's just the way it is this time of year. How active is the draft forum in September?

I disagree its all or nothing with the draft. There are people who are really really into the draft and want to talk about Brian Leonard's running style, or where Dwayne Jarrett will be drafted. That is all draft talk that should be in a draft forum.

But when someone wants to talk about a mock draft that has the Pats drafting Leonard, or posits a question like does Jarrett fit the Pats system, they want to talk about the draft vis-a-vis the Patriots, which I think is main forum material.

To each their own.

But, hey, no matter where you stand on the Great Draft Forum Debate of 2007, at least there is now an interesting post in the main forum. ;)

No, that's not the way it has been. In the past the draft board existed side by side with the main forum. Those "draft nics" who prefered to post in this specialized area did so, and more general draft discussion was tolerated on the main board. There were some similar items on each board, was this really a problem?

Where do you draw the line?

Why not draw the line between draft and other Pats offseason discussion? Is it not better than to have all the draft discussion in one spot and all the other offseason discussion in another?

Again, it's all or nothing. Anything else makes the draft forum pointless. I've noticed that there's a lot more activity in the draft forum this year, which is a good thing.

I really don't see why having 2 separate forums for organization purposes is a problem. Not 3, not 6. Just 2. If it were 3 or 5 or 7, then I see your point. But is it a strenuous activity to visit the draft forum for draft talk and the Pats forum for all other offseason talk?

I, for one, love the way the Forum is organized and run
Maybe it's just me

Seymour said:
So we're not supposed to discuss anything other than the Colts signing Rick DeMulling?

If there's nothing to talk about then why not close the forum down and then open it once we sign a NFL Europe player and close it down the next day?

If there's nothing to talk about then why not close the forum down and then open it once we sign a NFL Europe player and close it down the next day?

I'm not seeing your point.

I wouldn't call them "hijacked." When a thread is moved, it's moved. That's it. Nothing changes.

When someone posts an item for the main board and that thread is moved, against their will to another board, it's hijacked.

A board isn't just about the subject, it's about the people on that board. If someone wants to share something with those people they call "friends" they should have the ability to do so. In the past when someone wanted to discuss an off topic subject they simply put "OT -" in the title. Now these items are hijacked to the pub, girls forum, or where ever.

Why not draw the line between draft and other Pats offseason discussion? Is it not better than to have all the draft discussion in one spot and all the other offseason discussion in another?

Again, it's all or nothing. Anything else makes the draft forum pointless. I've noticed that there's a lot more activity in the draft forum this year, which is a good thing.

I really don't see why having 2 separate forums for organization purposes is a problem. Not 3, not 6. Just 2. If it were 3 or 5 or 7, then I see your point. But is it a strenuous activity to visit the draft forum for draft talk and the Pats forum for all other offseason talk?

You didn't answer his question. Was there really a problem when all draft related threads weren't moved?

I'm not seeing your point.

You implied that there's nothing to talk about because the offseason is long and 95% of it is inactivity. Well what's the point of having the forum open if there's nothing to talk about?

When someone posts an item for the main board and that thread is moved, against their will to another board, it's hijacked.

I don't see why people are taking offense to their threads being moved. It's no big deal at all.

I (or any other moderator) have never personally asked a member if they "wanted" their thread moved. If it's more pertinent to a different forum, then it will be moved. It's for organization, not discipline. Nobody will think less of you because one of your threads was moved. I can assure you of that. Just continue your discussion as it left off.

A board isn't just about the subject, it's about the people on that board. If someone wants to share something with those people they call "friends" they should have the ability to do so. In the past when someone wanted to discuss an off topic subject they simply put "OT -" in the title. Now these items are hijacked to the pub, girls forum, or where ever.

The majority of members here desired those "OT" threads to be in separate forums. That's why those forums exist. By request.

The same members that are active in the Pats forum are usually active in the draft forum, too.

I'd draw the line at moving threads. If someone wants the main forum to be their audience, those wishes should be respected.

I'm hoping getting "more activity" to the draft forum wasn't the point of all this.

I'd draw the line at moving threads. If someone wants the main forum to be their audience, those wishes should be respected.

That's not the way it has worked.

Scott37 said:
I'm hoping getting "more activity" to the draft forum wasn't the point of all this.

The point of what?

You didn't answer his question. Was there really a problem when all draft related threads weren't moved?

I think the main reason to have separate threads is that in the offseason, this main forum is going to be notably lighter in tone, whereas the draft forum will be at its most serious.

I think the main forum would be a little mess if you have folks on the one hand breaking down draft prospects in a very methodical and intricate manner and on the other, folks just trying to pass the offseason time with some lighthearted threads.

You implied that there's nothing to talk about because the offseason is long and 95% of it is inactivity. Well what's the point of having the forum open if there's nothing to talk about?

C'mon, Seymour, you're just being cynical now.

I don't see why people are taking offense to their threads being moved. It's no big deal at all.

I (or any other moderator) have never personally asked a member if they "wanted" their thread moved. If it's more pertinent to a different forum, then it will be moved. It's for organization, not discipline. Nobody will think less of you because one of your threads was moved. I can assure you of that. Just continue your discussion as it left off.

I'm sorry, with all due respect, does this not seem like a high handed approach? Yes, to me, and by the sound of it, some others, it is a big deal.

Would they be more pertinent in the draft forum or the main forum?

What's the problem with condensing discussion (in this case) into 2 forums?

I'm sorry, with all due respect, does this not seem like a high handed approach? Yes, to me, and by the sound of it, some others, it is a big deal.

"Some" being about two other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye