PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not resigning Adam V....How does it Look now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, pure and simple, they're kickers.

Adam's value in NE's scheme was a certain number of dollars... he did get more when he left, but big fat honkin' deal.

Two possibilities (despite his misses/makes in the past, and his admittedly stellar performance on Sunday):

1) Either "clutch" kicking is worth a surcharge in the range of a million + per year, and Adam is likely to continue to exemplify this ability, in and out of weather (the Pats' situation,)

or

2) It is not, or he is not likely to exemplify the trait.

The Pats believed (2), and I (predictably) agree.

We've got a young, strong leg in Gostkowski, and no proof that he chokes or does not choke under pressure. We will find out. In Vinatieri, in Gillette, we were already seeing a decline. Even in the big games, as noted, he was missing some "unclutch" kicks that set up the "clutch" ones.

You don't need to hate AV to think hey, no regrets. Good on ya, just don't do it to us.

Next week, God willing, I will have good reason to wish him ill... and in fact, there is something to the poetic justice of Gost effectively disproving the "oh no Vinatieri is gone" contingent.

The position just makes no sense, if you ask me. Clutch is great... but if the average guy misses one additional big-game winner every three years, what are you doing taking away (for instance) the difference between a poor and good offensive lineman or linebacker, in order to (supposedly) cure that once-in-three-years problem, with a guy who might not be money anymore, in your particular environment?

Once again, good going Adam... here's hoping you've just saved your worst for last against the Pats. I would so love to see that!

But it's not like I wish the guy ill or anything...

PFnV

Why are we still crying about losing Adam? Baltimore lost that game

because they have a miserable offensive not because of Adam. I was

sorry at the time we lost him because a new kicker might lose a key game.

So far, this hasn't happened and Gostowski looks like a good prospect.

Whine, whine!!!!!!!!

Whose lack of behind are we talking about here?
PATSNUTME is focused on his balls again, if he wasn't always losing them in the rough he'd know his behind from the green...:p

I have no doubt AV just wanted a change of scenery. I really don't think it was about the money as it was playing closer to home. Our offer was very generous. It wasn't a lowball offer and I'm over it. I'm just hoping when it's all said and done he will appreciate his time here in New England and go into the hall of fame as a Patriot,as he should.

Looking OK from where I'm sitting . . .

Maybe Marcus is right. Gostkowski looks like an unmitigated disaster. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News