PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not resigning Adam V....How does it Look now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
5 clutch field goals.
The guy is money.

The Patriots could have kept him. They had the money.

This is what we have to look forward to if the Pats beat the Chargers. Six days of Vinatieri talk. What a joy.

How do you know we do not have a clutch kicker?

As far as I know, the Patriots are still playing, and have not lost a game on account of the current kicker, so... no, I still like the decision to let AV go and bring in a cheaper, competent replacement. While I hated to see him go, I understood the decision, and 5 field goals in a playoff game doesn't change my feelings on the matter one bit.

5 clutch field goals.
The guy is money.

r you stupid ? .Adam wanted to kick in a dome the only way to keep him was build a dome stadium. I am 100% sure no team would have build a dome to make a old kicker happy.

How was the 50 yrd the new kicker we have nailed a 51 yrd where it looked it will good from 60 against the bears.

And no we did not have the money to build a dome stadium for adam ... can you prove that this was pocket change ?

Last edited:
colts paid Adam V for his past accomplishments ..pats let him go looking at the future

Satz is right on. There was not enough money to put a roof over Gillette.

AV left because he WANTED to. He was positively giddy to kick in a dome closer to his family.

That being said, if the Ravens had a KR worth anything, he would have taken a few of AV's KO's that barely reached the 12 tonight at least to midfield.

Yes, at this moment AV is a better and more reliable Kicker than the Ghost. But not by that much and we haven;t seen the Ghost under real playoff pressure yet. We do know that Gostkowski has it all over AV with kickoffs and has performed very well in a rookie season where he has had the weight of a legend on his shoulders in a not so friendly climate - -the Boston media eats its young.

All that being said, gotta love the post, Marcus. That was worthy of Dan Shaughnessy. BTW, what's the over-under on Shaughnessy's first column this week on AV? I say, by Monday morning.

Regardless of the Patriots and his history here, he is definately paying off dividends with his post season play so far for the Colts. His 5 for 5 performance tonight will go a long way towards justifying his signing and the money spent.

But let him pull even one Vandershank maneuver during the pressure and needed win, and this day will be long forgotten by the fans.

Last edited:
5 clutch field goals.
The guy is money.

5 clutch fieldgoals???

I guess the criteria for clutch field goals is basically any that Adam kicks???

Gostkowski hit three clutch fieldgoals against the Jets!

The Pats could have given him the richest contract for a kicker in nfl history. Oh wait, they offered him that and he went on to the Colts anyway.

Adam wanted to kick in a dome to improve his % and ensure his place as the greatest kicker in history. Nothing the Pats could do could have changed that.

5 clutch field goals.
The guy is money.

Marcus - your almost as much of an idiot as Adam V. himself. It was clear the selfish one wanted to kick in a dome so as to prolong his career and assure himself of getting into the HOF. He possibly ended up taking less money and certainly lost his lucrative endorsements up here and his cult like stature. Sorry dude, the Patriots, his fans, the kids with #4 jerseys and Mr. Kraft deserved "last look"

In the long run, IMHO, he cost himself a lot of money by thumbing his nose at this area and all the fans of New England that really supported him throughout his time here. He certainly walked out on many career opportunities and much more.

I'll never forget the memories but I also call him Vinitraitor from here on out. It's too bad but this guys head became about 100 times larger than his body - he became so freaking full of himself at the end.

I am happy with Gostkowski, the kid looks real good to me.

Please be sure to return after NE defeats AV and the Colts.

5 clutch field goals.
The guy is money.

Yeah he's too much money. And he's old.

Gostkowski's been fine and he has a stronger leg.

Adam missed 2 field goals against us.

Vandershank would have made every one of those kicks today anyway. He only missed them in the final minutes of close games.

And he was injured. Old rich guys get injured. I think it's called gout. From all that Pate'.

This is what we have to look forward to if the Pats beat the Chargers. Six days of Vinatieri talk. What a joy.

I know. And also six days of Who's Better...Brady or Manning? talk.

I'll be far, far away from any of the pundits columns and TV shows if it happens.

Of course, I'll also be far away if we lose, so I guess I'm not watching too much NFL Network next week regardless.

Meh, big whiff, 5 FGs. Honestly, as stated, he didn't want to come back here. He got his wish , kicking in the perfect climate half of his season, not dealing with the elements in New England anymore. Let him go, for he is now the enemy. He lost a lot more than some coin when he left here for Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes