PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not resigning Adam V....How does it Look now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have always loved Adam when he was with us and some of the best memories for myself in the sports are 'due to him' (never never never i will forget his kick in the snow against Oakland...never...plus of course the kicg that gave us the Super Bowl against STL) but i really really hope that if we will win in SD we will not talk every minute about him...please...

anyway he was as usual impressive in his FG against BAL

no doubt

Are you serious?

Marcus, have you EVER started a good thread?

It looks great. I'd rather face a choke team like the Colts than a Raven D like we saw.

AV did our organization a favor yesterday.

The Pats could have given him the richest contract for a kicker in nfl history. Oh wait, they offered him that and he went on to the Colts anyway.

I believe he already had the richest contract for a kicker in the NFL. He was franchised a couple(?) of times and due to the fact he was already making more than the top 3 average he was entitled to a 20% increase.

Adam V. thanks for the memories. Ghost, you're up.

Yeah, but he looked like the Hall of Fame kicker he is.

If we win, NE fans will be worried going into RCA, I can tell you.

If we were to win...a tall order, indeed.

If we win today, I'll be too euphoric to care about whatever the press is spewing about Vinatieri (at least until Wednesday).

Is Marcus really a PatsFan?

Or is he just a TROLL in disguise?

Yes, he could.

But he won't.
Mind recapping for me his last kick as a Patriot? Didn't we need a FG to get within one score of the Broncos? I forget, how'd "he won't miss in the playoffs" do?

This whole thread is so stupid.

How long will it take for you guys to realize he didn't want to play hre, that he wanted to play in a dome?

Did you listen to him when he left? Do you think he was somehow lying when he gave his reasons for leaving? That he really did give the Pats a chance to match when he said he didn't?

He's gone. He's happy. Get the heck over it.

5 clutch field goals.
The guy is money.

The Patriots could have kept him. They had the money.

Here is a new sig banner just for you.

HindsightLogo.jpg

There are others who deserve it but I'm offering to you.

Didn't "Mr. Clutch" miss a FG or two in the Pats SB's? Had he converted during the game(s) he never would have had to make the "clutch," game-winning kick(s).

Screw him...

Last edited:
Didn't "Mr. Clutch" miss a FG or two against in the Pats SB's? Had he converted during the game(s) he never would have had to make the "clutch," game-winning kick(s).

Screw him...

He also missed more than Gostkowski at The Razor when we played the Clots this year.

I'll take Gostkowski. :rocker:

Didn't "Mr. Clutch" miss a FG or two against in the Pats SB's? Had he converted during the game(s) he never would have had to make the "clutch," game-winning kick(s).

Screw him...
Yes, he missed two in the first half vs. Carolina, one blocked.

One thing I didn't need to hear was Mike Lupica on the Sports Reporters just now calling Adam the "Mo Rivera of placekickers". Before we roast him though, in the same show he referred to Brady as the best big game player in sports. Adam is nails, but he's gone now. Move on. Stephen Gostkowski looks pretty damn good, stronger leg and all, he may be the next Adam anyway.

Yes, AV wanted to leave, but not so much to kick in a dome. From everything I heard, he was so pissed at the Pats for franchising him, he never forgave them and was leaving when he was free no matter what the conditions. So, in other words, the big baby took his ball and went home.

Here is a new sig banner just for you.

HindsightLogo.jpg

There are others who deserve it but I'm offering to you.
How can it be hind sight if there is no behind? Besides Marcus I mean.

Screw him...

Excellent point. At some point, the Pats have to move on and did the right thing in drafting Gostkowski. Vinatieri is not the only clutch kicker in the NFL. See, off the top of my head, David Akers last week against Seattle.

I'm as loyal a supporter of Piolichick as you can find, but letting #4 go was the one move I didn't support at all (I was uneasy with the Deion and Law decisions but took it on faith that they were smarter than I am). It's clear he struggles from 50 out but he is, to use the term that was overused on CBS yesterday, "money" from everywhere else.

I now wonder now how much of whatever "problems" Vinatieri was having last season could be traced to the old field and footing in Mudboro.

Whose lack of behind are we talking about here?

I think Marcus 'is' the behind in question....a horses behind.

I can hear the plaintive wail now..."why cant I share my honest opinion..I been a Pats fan for 286 years and live inside the actual stadium complex"

Its trolling plain and simple.

NM

Last edited:
I'm as loyal a supporter of Piolichick as you can find, but letting #4 go was the one move I didn't support at all (I was uneasy with the Deion and Law decisions but took it on faith that they were smarter than I am). It's clear he struggles from 50 out but he is, to use the term that was overused on CBS yesterday, "money" from everywhere else.

I now wonder now how much of whatever "problems" Vinatieri was having last season could be traced to the old field and footing in Mudboro.

It takes two to tango. Bottom line is, AV did not want to be here. End of story.

I agree^^^ AV didn't want to stay. So the team moves on.

BTW, I like Bruschi's attitude regarding having enough money for his needs and playing for other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back