PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not enough is being made of Moss TDs 150 & 151

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't go there, seriously.

Moss played in a dome with a pretty good QB for a majority of his career. He also was the prime beneficiary of playing with the 2007 Patriots, the greatest offense in the history of football.

In Oakland, Moss played on a sh!tty team so lets say he lost about 20 TD over 3 yrs but he also dogged it for most of that time and gave up on lots of his routes.

He doesn't really deserve the benefit of the doubt.

LMAO...this is about the funniest thing i have read on the forum yet this year...

Aside from Tom Brady...the only legit all-pro Hall of Famer QB...the Moss has been playing with "pretty good QB for a majority of his career" has to be the most ignorant statement I have heard yet in a while...

I'm not going to go through the QBs since others have all ready pointed this out...all I know is when he was a Vikings he made Jeff George and then Culpepper look like they were stud QBs...when with the Raiders (until his injury) he made Kerry Collins looks like a really superb deep ball thrower... and when Brady went down he helped made Matt Cassell a lot of money the following year.

Also...for this statement...

He also was the prime beneficiary of playing with the 2007 Patriots, the greatest offense in the history of football.

...if you dig deeper into NFL history young man...you would know that the greatest offense in history prior to the 2007 Patriots were 1998 Minnesota Vikings...this team had who at WR? coincidence? i think not...

Last edited:
I noticed a previous poster said Moss had the benefit of being on the most prolific offense of all time(modern NFL)- the 2007 Pats. Do you realize what the number 2 offense of all time was? The 1998 Vikes with Moss. Coincidence? Uh, no.
"Straight cash, homey".

Moss is the most under-appreciated Patriot of all time, IMO.

Moss is the most under-appreciated Patriot of all time, IMO.

Probably true. Definitely the most misunderstood, and that's true for fans of every stripe. Almost everyone I know who isn't a Patriots fan REALLY hates this guy, much more so than the many other players who truly deserve the hate. Most people don't understand that underneath all the mainly harmless screwups that he's pulled over the years, Moss is a very smart player, a great teammate, and a guy who wants to win above all else.

And people like MoLewisRocks who think that BB and Brady walk on water, yet don't care for Moss so much usually fail to acknowledge that if Moss didn't basically worship these guys and the way Patriots go about their business, he probably wouldn't be here in the first place. And the feeling seems to be mutual on Belichick's and Brady's part. A lot of people still cling to the notion that acquiring Moss was a turning point in the franchise, making the Pats a "soft" team beginning in 2007. Or blame Moss for Brady's recent "tunnelvision." Everyone needs a scapegoat I guess.

Moss is one of (if not the) most prolific deep threat receivers to ever play the game. He's been outspoken and certainly had bad publicity through his career, but I think he's adapted to the Patriot Way quite well and has emerged as a leader on the offense. He is also still performing at an elite level.
Will we pay top dollar for him? No.
However, I think he wants to play here, and I think Tom wants him here, both of which help keeping him here.
I think if we give him maybe a 3-4 year deal he would be willing to take a bit of a discount which is our best chance at keeping him.

This is very simple.

ONLY Rice and Moss have over 150 receiving TD's. Period.

There's no need to compare anyone, there is no need to say who had the better QB's, and lost seasons because of bad QB's/dogging it, etc. Who cares.

The fact that only 2 have done it is an amazing stat, and we have had the honor of seeing one of them for 3 1/4 seasons (hopefully more). Moss will go down as possibly the second greatest receiver of all time, isn't that good enough ? What an incredible talent, 6'3" 210 who lost a step from 4.25 to 4.4 at age 33. Still a deadly deep threat at that age.

Rice and Moss, that's all that needs to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News