PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nobody has noticed - BJGE is now the Pats #1 RB

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL Events: Draft Player Profiles - BenJarvus Green-Ellis

"Negatives: Can be an impatient runner who rushes into the hole instead of allowing his blocks time to develop. ... Struggles as a receiver. ... Rarely asked to catch passes in this offense and dropped to many that were thrown his way. ... Has some wear on his tires with 920 rushing attempts over his career."

I was searching and found that and it is interesting. It seems he has fixed one of his two big cons that he had as a rookie. During the Miami and Buffalo games, he waited for the blockers to develop, while as a rookie he would run straight on like a robot for 2-3 yards. I don't know if he still sucks at catching, since we never throw it to him.

That was the big thing I noticed in the Buffalo game and made a note of it. He didn't outrun his kick out blocker until the last line was jammed then he made a break for daylight.

In training camp, I noticed he was working a lot on his catching, with the Juggs. There was a tremendous improvement from what I could see.

He does have one reception.

Honestly? I think they've gone away from the zone blocking on running plays as well..

This.

its amazing how many people on this forum don't even notice when a team changes offensive line blocking schemes.

I think woodhead has the job ... by a 1/4" ... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes