PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Samuel at Hill's wake or funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo! I think that before we all call this guy a bad person and a selfish jerk.

At least not because of this. There are other reasons to call him selfish that we actually have facts to back up.

Try 12 hours a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

Fans have this fantasy that all teammates like each other and are friends. Sports teams are like every other work enviornment. Some guys are close, some guys are casual freinds, and some guys just plain don't like each other.

Well said. People make way too big of a deal about this. I wonder if anyone gave any thought to the idea that he thought his presence might have added tension to an event that probably didn't need any. If he had gone, people would be ripping him thinking he went only to enhance his reputation. A no win situation IMO.

Last edited:
More fuel that Samuel is more true to his "GET PAID" tattoo than he is to the team that made him what he is.

A. He should have flown there at his own expense.
B. If he'd politely asked the club for a plane ticket, they would have given it to him.

A key point, I think -- is it true? What about other guys who, like Samuel, were on the roster last year but not this year so couldn't just hop the company charter straight from OTAs? Was TBC there? Graham? If not, I don't want to disparage Samuel's character.

I'm a little bothered about them not going, frankly -- unless they had conflicting obligations to their new teams.

Well said. People make way too big of a deal about this. I wonder if anyone gave any thought to the idea that he thought his presence might have added tension to an event that probably didn't need any. If he had gone, people would be ripping him thinking he went only to enhance his reputation. A no win situation IMO.

I disagree. It would have been like Seymour showing up for the ring ceremony while he was holding out. All he had to do was tell the press and everybody else "Today isn't the day to talk about that stuff".

Wow, not showing up for Hill's wake/funeral is REALLY taking it too far. That's something I think Asante will look back on with regret someday, maybe soon. That's just ******* pathetic.

I disagree. It would have been like Seymour showing up for the ring ceremony while he was holding out. All he had to do was tell the press and everybody else "Today isn't the day to talk about that stuff".

Ring ceremonies and wakes are vastly different occassions. They couldn't be any more opposite. Also, I wasn't talking about the media, I was talking about the tension it might have created with him being around the coaches and Kraft and to a lesser extent, the rest of the team.

Wow, not showing up for Hill's wake/funeral is REALLY taking it too far. That's something I think Asante will look back on with regret someday, maybe soon. That's just ******* pathetic.
I thought so. When he says, "It's business," I believe him, and understand that you have to separate the business from team/teammate/fan loyalties.

But this wasn't business. This was personal, and had zero to do with the holdout or the contract.

It's his right not to go, but it's my right to be disappointed in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST