PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackson to PUP list (no big surprise, no big deal)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you I really don't get people who are calling him a bust (some even before now) and think the Patriots should/will cut him soon.

It's like the people who don't put Kareem Brown on the 53. The Patriots are going to cut their fourth round pick and allow him to hit Waivers? Sure!

LeKevan Smith gets the axe before Kareem Brown.

I think you are right about Eddie Jackson, though, the original reports said that Eddie wouldn't be ready for this season at all. Maybe he will be back sooner than expect.

OH, and DHamz, I had an ACL and my NEW ACL IS stronger than the one in my left knee. I can tell this by the movements that the doctor does with it.

Yes, in some cases the replacement ACL is stronger than the original ACL. What can stink though is sometimes you end up injuring your other leg.

This is actually good news. He is on Pup for up to week 6. By that time we can see who the others are performing or we could have one WR go down. So, here comes Jackson.

I wouldn't be surprised if Troy is PUP'ed also.

You raise a good point. Much like a baseball team going into the season with "too many starting pitchers," having too much depth at WR is a "problem" that will likely work itself out fairly quickly.

The odds of every single one of the Pats' receivers making it through TC and the first 6 weeks of the season are pretty small. By the time Jackson is ready to come off the PUP list, there will probably be a spot at the bottom of the depth chart for him.

The odds of every single one of the Pats' receivers making it through TC and the first 6 weeks of the season are pretty small. By the time Jackson is ready to come off the PUP list, there will probably be a spot at the bottom of the depth chart for him.
he's NOT on that PUP list yet...he has to be on the TC one first...and then MAYBE on the Reserve one..but it would make great sense FOR that..Eddie Jackson..may be on PUP (both...and then on IR..if he can not make a go of it...)

OH, and DHamz, I had an ACL and my NEW ACL IS stronger than the one in my left knee. I can tell this by the movements that the doctor does with it.

I believe my post said - usually not true not always not true.

Every single player who has torn his ACL (cliche 1) is ahead of schedule and then (cliche 2) his knee is better than before.

And you know what cliche #3 for ACL injuries is which completely contradicts #1 and 2 - it is the one you are currently reading about Carson Palmer and will probably read about Rodney in the next few weeks - last year he was not 100% but he is now as it really takes until the second season back from an ACL until you are fully recovered.

Last edited:
I believe my post said - usually not true not always not true.

Every single player who has torn his ACL (cliche 1) is ahead of schedule and then (cliche 2) his knee is better than before.

And you know what cliche #3 for ACL injuries is which completely contradicts #1 and 2 - it is the one you are currently reading about Carson Palmer and will probably read about Rodney in the next few weeks - last year he was not 100% but he is now as it really takes until the second season back from an ACL until you are fully recovered.

Wow. You must be the only person who sees these cliche's because I have seen PLENTY of players listed as to NOT being "on schedule" when it comes to ACLs.

However, I also know that the recovery time has been shorted because they have improved the process to make it less intrusive. 1st and foremost, the procedure can be done entirely arthroscopically now in 90% of the cases. That means less trauma to the body in terms of cutting muscles. Also, in many cases they are able to start physical therapy prior to the surgery unless there has been meniscus damage. One of the biggest inhibitors to ACL recovery is muscle atrophy of the quadricep and hamstring. Doing therapy prior to the surgery lessens that atrophy and shortens the recovery time as well.

Having torn my ACL and having had a couple of scopes done afterward, I am pretty intimate on things dealing with ACLs.

As for the Atheletes, most of last bit of recovery is psychological. learning to trust the knee again and learning what the limits are again. That is what takes the time. Not the physical healing process.

No way he gets released. That would be like releasing Ben Watkins because he spent his first year rehabbing. Pure stupidity.

The guy has been injured. He may be a bit slow in picking up the offense, but it takes more than a few games for most. He'll get his chance to play for this team.

Who is Ben Watkins?

Don't see him on the roster ;)

Wow. You must be the only person who sees these cliche's because I have seen PLENTY of players listed as to NOT being "on schedule" when it comes to ACLs.

Really? Did you read anything on Culpepper or Carson Palmer last year? A google of Donovan McNabb and "ahead of schedule" produces approximatley 101,000 results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back