Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Who knew? Rules matter...
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/05/18/083358.php
The first rule was enforced this week after Phoenix Suns forwards Amare Stoudamire and Boris Diaw left the bench.
-----
The second rule is loathed by Oakland Raiders fans, for it is that damn "Tuck Rule."
-----
The third rule was me in eighth grade when the pronouncer said my word "indiscriminant" but meant "indiscriminate." (Hey, it's my op-ed article and I can cry if I want to.)
One for Aqua...
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/05/dolphins_roster_is_sexier_but.html
Nothing's impossible, but if the Dolphins beat the Patriots once it'll pretty much be a gridiron act of God.
Tomase...
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/view.bg?articleid=1001878
Asked who had shown for minicamp, [Jarvis] Green scoffed.

“You guys know that’s a crazy question,” he said. “You all know this is the New England Patriots. At our camp, everyone is here.”
This quote is a disappointing surprise read...http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1001773
Possible Surprise Cut: Nick Kaczur

There are whispers out of Foxboro that the Pats are unhappy with Kaczur’s focus and work ethic. While he still has time to turn things around, he will be pushed at right tackle by second-year man Ryan O’Callaghan, who earned a starting job last year while Kaczur recovered from shoulder surgery.
More Tomase...
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1001768
Falling one minute shy of the Super Bowl last season may turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to the 2007 Patriots.
Thoughts on Jests...
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/05/jets-underrated-offense180507.html
The Jets' offense was undoubtedly somewhat of a hindrance for the team last year, but expect it to be better in the upcoming campaign. Jones will fortify the running game, the O-line should progress and keep Pennington safe, and the same two underrated wideout options remain on New York's roster.
Blurb on Asante...
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_508283.html
Another agent, Alonzo Shavers, advised one of his clients, New England Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel, to not go public with his displeasure over his contract negotiations this offseason. Samuel did anyway.

"I don't necessarily think publicly going after the team is beneficial in any way, shape or form," said Shavers, who also represents Steelers defensive back hopeful Jovon Johnson. "But at the end of the day, whether I agree, disagree or otherwise, if he's happy, I'm ecstatic. You work for him."
McHugh...Excellent read!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.patriotledger.com/articles/2007/05/18/sports/sports01.txt
Mike Elgin may not be the world’s strongest man, but he sure seemed to be the strongest of the three New England Patriots offensive linemen at last weekend’s rookie minicamp.

Last edited:
If they really want to get rid of Kazcur they should trade hi to a team life Cleveland or something.

I had heard before that the team was a BIT disappointed in Kaczur and did not really know why exactly....the PFW guys mentioned this the week of teh draft, but with no more depth. Seems like he's tradde bait now..but with this in the press now, it MAY be harder..Cleve might be a good spot OR?? Might that be the reason that two tackles were taken in the draft?? (With Bubin ret as well??)

Not shocked or surprised to hear about Kaczur. I thought he was very serviceable last year in camp and ARGUED AGGRESSIVELY for him to be benched in place of O'Callaghan. Pretty sure BelichickFan and others might remember how much i liked O'Cal over Nick.

The knock on Kaczur, and this dates back to Felger comments towards the end of his rookie season, were that they had expected a lot more maturity from him due to his age (mid 20's already) when drafted. But as the season progressed he was behaving like an immature rookie, partying a lot and showing up for practice not in the best condition to perform.

The knock on Kaczur, and this dates back to Felger comments towards the end of his rookie season, were that they had expected a lot more maturity from him due to his age (mid 20's already) when drafted. But as the season progressed he was behaving like an immature rookie, partying a lot and showing up for practice not in the best condition to perform.

Well, he IS Canadian...

Last edited:
A really solid piece by Tomase.??.(although when I read the link it did say the Herald staff)
Also in that was this piece.....
"Unexpected Contributor: Willie Andrews

Call this one a total hunch. The 2006 seventh-rounder made some plays in special teams and even took some snaps at corner in the playoffs. He’s a solid hitter who’s not afraid to stick his helmet in a pile. Let’s just say he’s unlikely to don a receiver’s jersey at camp, as he did last year."

Always liked Andrews..it might be he canplay some corner as well..which would be really helpful.

If Kaczur is a surprise cut, that's probably good news for Wesley Britt. Oldenburg seems like a Tom Ashworth-esqe project, and Hilliard looks like he needs a year on the practice squad too. That leaves Britt, unless Box is right about Barthelmes projecting to an Pats RT prospect in camp.

Anyone heard anything bad about Britt?

I also heard Russ Francis call out Kaczur for his work ethic. This criticim of Kaczur has been around awhile. Interesting that the Pats can't make everyone fall in line.

Frustrating about Kaczur, the guy has plenty of ability. I guess it's another reality check for when we're tempted to say that there's little room for rookies on the roster. Every year brings, alas, injuries and surprise disappointments. Plenty of guys (Claridge, Kelley, even Beisel) have been written into fans' summer roster projections only to disappear early.

Box, that OLine article featuring Elgin has been archived. New link:

http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2007/05/17/sports/sports01.txt

I'm getting a good vibe from all that's being reported about Elgin. Of the three OLs drafted, he's the one I most expect to be around for a while. He is light at 277 but everything else seems to be the prototype for what you want in an interior OL. If he can bulk up another 20 pounds without an adverse affect on his other skills, I think he'll be another late round steal a la Brady/Givens/Koppen.

I'm getting a good vibe from all that's being reported about Elgin. Of the three OLs drafted, he's the one I most expect to be around for a while. He is light at 277 but everything else seems to be the prototype for what you want in an interior OL. If he can bulk up another 20 pounds without an adverse affect on his other skills, I think he'll be another late round steal a la Brady/Givens/Koppen.

According to the article, he's NOT 277, but actually 290.

So ... we may have to contemplate life without Kaczur.
But i can do it!
I'm resilient.

Either way he has some work to do to get up to the appropriate weight but it is much more doable from 290 than it is from 277.

Where did the 277 number come from, anyway? He weighed in at 291 at his Pro Day.

That coach in the article says he's 290 now. That's in range, give or take 10 lbs.

Where did the 277 number come from, anyway? He weighed in at 291 at his Pro Day.
Pats' press release on the signing of the UDFAs had him listed as 277.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back