PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No pass rushers?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, what have today's draft picks done in the league, you idiot?

:eek::eek::eek::eek: *ROFLMOA* Thank you EOM. I am glad you said it..

Has everyone forgotten about Adalius Thomas?
Was he traded?
Was his injury permanent?
Having said that, I am dissapointed BB didn't get
any linebackers this round.
He did get a lot of good players with upside and I'm hoping
maybe Chung can lend the ocasional hand in the pass rush ala Rodney.
In any case there will be a LOT of competition in camp.
That's a good thing.

Last edited:
Wotan - Please. You are wrong on TBC. TBC wasn't let go. His contract was up and he wanted to see what other teams were offering.

You're playing to semantics here. Tully was offered a contract that was worth more than his role-playing status with the Pats. If the Pats thought he was worth keeping as a FT player, they would have resigned him or extended him.

BTW, you should really read what is said instead of showing that you don't. You'd sound less like D-Money and more like someone that might offer up something worth reading.

And no, you didn't hear the same argument in 2005 because the situation isn't even remotely similar.
Fine, following the '05 season. You get the point.

Chung is a stud,at least they thought about that position.

That issue was more caused by the Branch hold out which may not have been forseeable during the draft. Anyway, let's give it some time, fellers. Clearly the Pats understand their LB situation better than we do and they know if they have better options than what they passed on today.

Chung is a stud,at least they thought about that position.

Yeah, I'm sure they just forgot about the LB position, right? Unreal...

im not worried about the passrush lots of vets will get cut in the next mont or 2 but i think BB will take a ILB on day 2 to split time with teddy b and crable will start at OLB with ad at the end of last season the passrush got better because the coverage got better if you cant cover the receiver i dont care if u got jason taylor and peppers back there your not geting to the QB so they add it some young DB that will make the coverage better and the passrush better

That issue was more caused by the Branch hold out which may not have been forseeable during the draft. Anyway, let's give it some time, fellers. Clearly the Pats understand their LB situation better than we do and they know if they have better options than what they passed on today.

I'm with you on this and we're not even done with day two of the draft so there's plenty of time. As others have speculated, there just might be some sotto voce agreement with Taylor so I also agree with you that it's way too early for the Pats to reach in a desperate trade for the OLB version of Doug Gabriel.

Yeah, he actually was according to many.

And the other ridiculous premise was that Ben Watson could play WR because of his 4.45 combine time and had chased down Champ to prevent the TD.:rolleyes:

Why do people keep comparing Seymour to Freeny?

Anyway, I really like Ron Brace, not only does it add tremendous depth. But BB could (will?) use both Brace and Wilfork for short goal line situation.

You're playing to semantics here. Tully was offered a contract that was worth more than his role-playing status with the Pats. If the Pats thought he was worth keeping as a FT player, they would have resigned him or extended him.

No. I am not playing with semantics. I am dealing with hard facts. People yelled and screamed about Branch and Givens going and whining about the fact that the Patriots didn't re-sign or extend either one of them. What happened? It turned out that the Pats had TRIED to re-sign them on several occasions and they turned the Pats down. What makes you think the same thing didn't happen with TBC?

Again, it wasn't following the 2005 season. The situation was different. Totally and completely. Trying to say otherwise is lying through your teeth. I really don't want to re-hash things but we can if you really need to hear it again. :rolleyes:

And the other ridiculous premise was that Ben Watson could play WR because of his 4.45 combine time and had chased down Champ to prevent the TD.:rolleyes:

Yes. It was so ridiculous that in 2006, that's where he was used quite a bit during the 1st 6 games. In the slot. As a WR.

No. I am not playing with semantics. I am dealing with hard facts. People yelled and screamed about Branch and Givens going and whining about the fact that the Patriots didn't re-sign or extend either one of them. What happened? It turned out that the Pats had TRIED to re-sign them on several occasions and they turned the Pats down. What makes you think the same thing didn't happen with TBC?

No, semantics is indeed the crux of your argument. It's more a protestation for my usage of the phrase "we let go" with respect to Tully. And to reiterate my point, Tully was not considered an every down, play-making OLB worth the $4M average that SF offered him. If the Pats thought that he was, they would have saved a boat load of money by matching SF's offer rather than signing Adalius. They did not and in the end were proven right on this account. And to reiterate another point, Tully therefore is hardly the answer when on the subject of who'll replace Vrabel's every down production, now is he?

You can choose to pick apart the wording or the phrasing, but it serves no purpose to argue that all things are swell and dandy with the OLB spots because we have Adalius on one side and a tandem of Tully, Woods, Redd and Crable.

BB has also proven that he has no problems with having three proven starting caliber OLBs in rotation and paying the going rate on such a rotation. We currently have one.

Again, it wasn't following the 2005 season. The situation was different. Totally and completely. Trying to say otherwise is lying through your teeth. I really don't want to re-hash things but we can if you really need to hear it again. :rolleyes:
What the hell are you talking about?:rolleyes:

Yes. It was so ridiculous that in 2006, that's where he was used quite a bit during the 1st 6 games. In the slot. As a WR.

You get so lost in defending your minute points that you tend to miss the obvious. Playing Watson at WR was hardly the best option, now was it? It's why he has not played there again and it's why the Pats went after Moss, Welker and company. They mishandled the situation for the '06 season.

If we were to go by your so-called expertise, then Chad Jackson would still not be a bust. This if I recall, you were arguing tooth and nail even in his last preseason prior to his being cut. Good call man.

Michael Johnson says hi.

Officially my new best friend!

I <3 MJ with a passion

Plus I think he has good value in the 3rd round

Last edited:
Seymour had 8 sacks, thats not all that great.All i know is that when this team cant get a damn pass rush next year, dont complain!!!

I really don't like to tell people they're stupid. I actually prefer to make some sarcastic remark, that implies that they are more stupid than Al Davis. However, after reading your stupid comments in this thread, I must say that you know nothing about the 3-4 defense.

Are you the same guy who thought Brady was overated, and should be traded? Maybe you changed your screen name. A relative perhaps? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News