PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No pass rushers?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't like to tell people they're stupid. I actually prefer to make some sarcastic remark, that implies that they are more stupid than Al Davis. However, after reading your stupid comments in this thread, I must say that you know nothing about the 3-4 defense.

Are you the same guy who thought Brady was overated, and should be traded? Maybe you changed your screen name. A relative perhaps? :eek:

You doned got that right!

I guess they like Guyton enough not to go for a middle linebacker who can also get after the QB, like USC's Rey Maualuga.

I realize he's not the Wonderlic stud that Jerod Mayo is, but he could have teamed up with him to form a stud MLB team. His mission: stop the run or kill the QB.

But we still have FOUR picks in the third round and free agency. I do think Crable is going to open some eyes if he stays healthy. He's got a good motor and a nice burst, having watched him a lot in college.

I guess they like Guyton enough not to go for a middle linebacker who can also get after the QB, like USC's Rey Maualuga.

I realize he's not the Wonderlic stud that Jerod Mayo is, but he could have teamed up with him to form a stud MLB team. His mission: stop the run or kill the QB.

But we still have FOUR picks in the third round and free agency. I do think Crable is going to open some eyes if he stays healthy. He's got a good motor and a nice burst, having watched him a lot in college.

Remember too we still have Bruschi and Tank Williams in that slot as well. Guyton showed a lot of promise last year and if he's bulked up a bit but kept his speed I hope he continues to improve

Suspect we'll also target a 3rd round pure ILB like Brinkley, McKillop etc

Seymour isnt Dwight Freeny, he is not in his league.Seymour dissapears in alot of games.I wanted this team to get an athletic DE/OLB.
Seymour disappears?? Guess you are a stat guy,,,who doesn't at all look at what is happening on the line...vet Jarvis Green says Hi as well as Adalius Thomas... AND so do Woods, Crable, Redd, Guyton and others...
It obviously was LESS important in the 2nd round..and I think one can understand that..

Last edited:
My point is their LB unit is very weak with the exception of Mayo.Teddy is old.

What are AD, Crable, Guyton? Chopped liver?

My thoughts exactly.I am not flaming here.Seymour is getting up there in age and like i said, Bruschi is on his last leg.

Seymour is 29.

29 is not young.Seymour hasnt exactly been the pass rusher he used to be.Get ur facts straight!

29 is far from old, he has about 3-4 more years before he starts to decline. Seriously, are you even a Patriots fan? You know absolutely nothing about the team, just what the "analysts" tell you. Seymour "disappears" in games because the defensive line isn't supposed to make a lot of flashy plays, that's the linebackers job ----> O.J. Mayo.

And you seem to have completely forgotten that Adalius Thomas is still on the roster. You also seem to think that you know more about football than Bill Belichick. That's the impression I'm getting.

Last edited:
just a side note...there is this huge Jet fan site called Insiders....a whole slew of these Jet cretins brag on and on all the time how they log on here and raise hell...one of the dead giveaways is the "dumb Pats fan" act....like this guy....realize that the Jersey mooks are pathological in their hatred of all things N.E. and will go to ANY scummy lengths they can to act like the jealous little pre-pubescent "fans" they are.

You get so lost in defending your minute points that you tend to miss the obvious. Playing Watson at WR was hardly the best option, now was it? It's why he has not played there again and it's why the Pats went after Moss, Welker and company. They mishandled the situation for the '06 season.

If we were to go by your so-called expertise, then Chad Jackson would still not be a bust. This if I recall, you were arguing tooth and nail even in his last preseason prior to his being cut. Good call man.

*ROFLMAO* I wasn't "arguing tooth and nail about Chad Jackson. I simply pointed out that he missed an entire year because of an injury he sustained while doing what was asked of him. OH, btw, when was he cut? The day after the final cuts. And 90% of people were surprised. Heck, for all we know, he asked to be cut.

BTW, I am human. I make mistakes. I deal with them. Why? Because I am right about things as well.

Now, you can sit there and be obtuse all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that you were pulling stuff out your rear end in a pathetic attempt to support your stance. One that was easily pulled apart.

What you don't seem to have learned about the Patriots is that it doesn't do any good to b!tch and whine about their picks because they always have more information than we do. ALWAYS. Does it mean they are always right? No. It doesn't. Because they are human also. But they do have a better track record than anyone on here in terms of adding people to this team. In fact, all the complaining will do is show your lack of knowledge about the team.

Maybe Jason Taylor is still in the pipeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back