PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice Game Jonas Gray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePatsFan26

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I didn't see a topic for it, but just had to give credit to Jonas Gray for a solid first game as the starter. I actually like his straightforward approach compared to Ridley -- who will still be missed! -- and it reminds me of Blount. With thunder and lightning (Vereen), the running game has a chance to take over some games this year against teams expecting pass, pass, pass.

I enjoyed watching him lower a shoulder and boulder over a LB.

Gotta work on his Goal line technique a little though.

One game, a solid start but one game.

His name is Jonas, and he's carrying the wheel.

Great first game and i believe with that performance , i doubt we trade for a RB. Liked him from the few snaps he had last week,,,like him more now. Much better than the Drafted White. Well done Jonas.

I like what I saw yesterday, but need to hold back until there is more evidence...

Is this a by product of good coaching, or when given the chance he chose to do well??

I am long time ND fan, do not remember him though... interesting how he only had one "good" college year.

I like what I saw yesterday, but need to hold back until there is more evidence...

Is this a by product of good coaching, or when given the chance he chose to do well??

I am long time ND fan, do not remember him though... interesting how he only had one "good" college year.

Other than the "ND" part, you DO know that you just described our quarterback's college career?

The kid had a really good game yesterday and looks to have made a place for himself on this team. I don't expect games like yesterday every week, but this is a good start and confidence boost for the young back. I'd definitely like to see more in the coming weeks. He has a tough challenge waiting for him next week.

I'm pretty sure he will move the chains, we're still having some problems in goal line though, actually those were present with Ridley too because we are predictable. I'm all in to go Manning and throw more inside the 5 yard mark.

Keep giving him the ball. He's a big dude who should run some people over. He needs to get in a rhythm, momentum goes a long way

Still a lot to prove but I love his physicality. He played well yesterday.

Very impressive. Tough, outstanding vision. He has a lot to prove with regard to pass pro and receiving, and he has to build on this performance, but Gray is the best pure runner on the team right now.

He has good size and some good speed. Had a good first game really

During the first quarter, I thought he looked giant. Big thick arms and legs that looked like tree stumps.

Then the announcer said he was small and they panned to him standing next to some lineman and he was indeed tiny.

Very impressive. Tough, outstanding vision. He has a lot to prove with regard to pass pro and receiving, and he has to build on this performance, but Gray is the best pure runner on the team right now.

Gray's solid contribution was mostly the result of the Offensive Line manhandling the Bears front four all game long. Gray hit the holes they created for him. Compliments to Vollmer, Connolly, Stork, Wendell and Solder.

The Bears defensive line looked like the weakest we've seen so far. It's hard to tell whether it was the OL coming together and not missing any assignments (other than the Garoppolo sack), or whether the Bears just have a bad DL. Probably a bit of both.

One thing is for sure, the OL couldn't be coming together at a better time for the Patriots to execute their offensive game plan against the Broncos.

He moves better that White. I think White way overhyped during training-camp and pre-season.

IMO.
honestly I really liked the White pick but I thought he looked bad in the preseason and he really hasn't looked all that good in his limited playing time either.

honestly I really liked the White pick but I thought he looked bad in the preseason and he really hasn't looked all that good in his limited playing time either.

No, he hasn't. A bit better, but that isn't saying much considering his preseason was terrible. First round of cuts terrible.

Gray's solid contribution was mostly the result of the Offensive Line manhandling the Bears front four all game long. Gray hit the holes they created for him. Compliments to Vollmer, Connolly, Stork, Wendell and Solder.

The Bears defensive line looked like the weakest we've seen so far. It's hard to tell whether it was the OL coming together and not missing any assignments (other than the Garoppolo sack), or whether the Bears just have a bad DL. Probably a bit of both.

One thing is for sure, the OL couldn't be coming together at a better time for the Patriots to execute their offensive game plan against the Broncos.

Of course. But the same OL blocked the other RBs into a 11 for 39 performance, so clearly he was doing something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back