PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL's mouthpiece (ESPN) at it again with OTL piece on cameragate

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts not only fail to support this claim, they contradict it. Aside from the Patriots actually doing what Bedard thinks they should (admitting guilt and turning everything over) not leading to his outcome, the NFL destroyed the tapes in an effort to perpetuate the idea that it contained something more nefarious than scoreboard shots and signal callers.

It's remarkable how uninformed "professional" writers are. I know they are responsible for more than just one team, but this is not new information here.
Remember bedard and felger were saying something happened in the GB game also with the footballs. ?

Love or hate the Pats - it's still an obsession.

ahhh this is still making the rounds.
wonder if the nfl won would this ever come out?? the timing is certainly interesting..lol.

fire goodell!!

No, they DID get away with it. They may not have gotten the suspension, but they still permanently ruined the reputation of the Pats' greatest player, and they got all the sanctions against the team they wanted. During the process, the execs in the league office, Goodell included, despite looking like inept buffoons from the outside, actually have more supporters with the 32 than they ever had before.

The best part is they have every incentive to do it again.
They got away with a lot of that stuff in the short run, the fines and draft picks most notably.

But, in the long run, they won't get away with it.

Brady's reputation is not "permanently ruined." It will be just fine. As even the ESPN article regretfully acknowledges, in a few years people will have forgotten about Deflategate.

When objective people look back on this period 10--15 years from now, they will see the Owners' and Goodell's machinations for what they are: the petty contrivances of small people with large egos.

After thinking about it for a little while, I think that, in an extremely perverse way, the fact that the NFL felt it had to plant a story like this a few days after Berman's ruling is a tribute to how badly Belichick and the organization got under the skin of the Owners and the League Office. The Pats were just better and smarter than everyone else.

The Patriots did what no team was supposed to be able to do after 1993 by winning their Division 13 times and making it to six SB's in 14 seasons and winning four of them. They showed up the Coaches and Management of 31 other teams. They antagonized fan bases by the millions and mediots by the dozens.

That's how history will look back on all of this.

You know, it would be the epitome of Roger-ness if a story that Roger helped plant and encourage ends up taking him down.

Roger is desperately trying to show that he was NOT crazy Captain Queeg of the USS Caine chasing Tom Brady around for frozen Strawberries.

He is trying to convince everyone that all 32 Owners support him, when we know that is not true. Several have said so publically, and others regret this has gone on as long as it has. And others have to be thinking the same. The only thing protecting him is a remaining $150 million dollar contract.

I predict that the Owners will emasculate him so he can do little damage; and replace most of the NFL Front Office personnel over the next several months. Bob Kraft will be leading the way as he has been criticizing the Lawyers and others for a while now. Proving that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

While I would like that to be true,

we're 8 years past Spygate, and the attention on it has not dropped even one tiny bit
That's because BB and TB are still around and still rubbing it in. In my wildest dreams, I don't expect the Patriots to continue to dominate the League to the same degree after they are gone...I can hope...but I don't expect it.

They got away with a lot of that stuff in the short run, the fines and draft picks most notably.

But, in the long run, they won't get away with it.

Brady's reputation is not "permanently ruined." It will be just fine. As even the ESPN article regretfully acknowledges, in a few years people will have forgotten about Deflategate.

When objective people look back on this period 10--15 years from now, they will see the Owners' and Goodell's machinations for what they are: the petty contrivances of small people with large egos.

This post, and all of yours that follow it really only amount to the same thing: wishful thinking.

History says you're very, very wrong.

Not only will this not blow over, but it's not the last time. Get ready for more hugs after penalty acceptance speeches.

This post, and all of yours that follow it really only amount to the same thing: wishful thinking.

History says you're very, very wrong.

Not only will this not blow over, but it's not the last time. Get ready for more hugs after penalty acceptance speeches.
well, people who know me don't describe me as either a Pollyanna or as someone prone to being in denial, so we'll just have to wait and see I guess. Nothing much else to say to your post.

This is Goodell regime's, moreso his lackeys last gasp, as they moan kwowing they are slowly being kicked out of office and positions of power.

I've always wondered why the Patriots don't bring this up more when talking about all of this....Every team looks for an advantage, its not a big deal, its a part of sports. I'm not mad at the Rams for trying to spy on the Pat's all is fair in love and war, besides paying off the refs or using PED's, its all gamesmanship.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/who-was-spying-the-patriots/6412/

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back