PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL's mouthpiece (ESPN) at it again with OTL piece on cameragate

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Mike & Mike right now, ESPN is previewing an Outside The Lines documentary on spygate. From what they have said so far, they are saying that owners felt Goodell went too easy on the Patriots back in 2007. The deflategate investigation was supposedly so big because others felt the league did not investigate the Pats thoroughly enough in '07. They are alleging that the Patriots were using information from previous videotaping during games, and that other owners privately were upset at Goodell. Also supposedly the other owners were upset that they were left out in the dark about what happened.
Okay, suppose they didn't. In this deflategate saga the league paid a professional investigator millions of dollars to come into Foxboro and catch the Patriots cheating. They looked at all the surveillance footage, they looked at all the phones of the equipment people and some of the coaching staff (including Belichick's, if I heard right), they looked at all the team emails (including 10,000 of Brady's emails), they conducted however many interviews, their investigation was so thorough that they caught a league employee stealing charity footballs, and what did they find on the Pats? A couple of text messages that have led many to conclude that the ball boys were letting air out of the footballs. Some culture of cheating right there...

Hopefully there will be some in the media who will make the connection between the NFL* getting a black eye last week and the release of this hit piece and do some investigations that they didn't do before.

For example, did Roger ever find out how Jay Glazer got a copy of the tapes?

Media, DO YOUR JOB!!!

ESPN is just milking the story. They had their investigative unit with Mike fish spend entire season looking for a rams tape and failed and now are trying to smear the patriots before the season opener. Just disgusted with this whole thing.

Patriots strong response:

COYpEkzWIAA_D1f.png

We should load Florio's box with request for a real spygate story.
[email protected]

some choose to believe in myths, conjectures, and rumors...

Goodell now denies that the league asked the Pats to suspend both employees. Stated absolutely not when Golic asked him. They just keep raising the stakes.

Bruschi and Reiss please quit this shameful organization.
I understand the impulse, but it would be a hollow gesture.

What they should do is stay there and speak their minds as aggressively as possible, and if they happen to get fired then so be it.

I can't wait until NE wins by about 28 Thursday night.

This. BB has got to be fuming too.

I think they should run that 10 sec clip from BB's deflategate presser when he said 'we didn't film anything that 80,000 people in the stadium weren't watching' on the Gillette jumbotron over-over-over until the play-by-play guys finally address it.

Recall this Jimmy Johnson interview when Spygate broke:

JJ: Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago.

Q: You think the NFL came down too hard on them?

JJ: No, no, I said it on the show. He was wrong for doing it for the simple reason that the league knew this was going on not just in New England but around the league. And the league sent out the memorandum to all of the teams saying you cannot do this. And so that’s when Bill Belichick was wrong. After he got the memorandum saying don’t do it any more, he did it.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back