PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN:Brady texted 2 of his former receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I don't get it. The following is obvious:

1. We have no backups in case of injury
2. We are fielding players that normally would be on a learning year and not taking the field
3. If you do bring a receiver in during the season, it's best to get someone that knows the system
4. As the on-field leader of the offense, Brady probably rally for the player he thinks is best fit to come in. And he'd do a little research before rallying for anyone.

How is this not just fact that we accept and move on with? I seriously don't understand what part of the above is being contested and making this story unbelievable? (It might not be true, of course, but why is anyone surprised if it is?) I'm seriously asking here, what part of the above do people think is untrue?

This story is setting my bullsh-t detector off. I know journalists sometimes get crap for making things up, but I really feel like Silver outright makes stuff up; this isn't the first time I've thought so.

Two things. First, why would Brady be texting them to "gauge" their availability? Belichick, or whichever staffer normally calls free agents that the Pats are interested in signing, would probably call them, ask if they're available for X dollars, and have them in for a physical if there was mutual interest.

Second, who would know? Either Brady leaked it, or both Branch and Lloyd leaked it. C'monn. I almost feel like writing to Silver's editor if I can find out who it is.

Agents....of course

As soon. As i heard this I came on to see what ya'll would say...If true this is very very concerning....this would be a seemingly unprecedented TFB move. We'll see what unfolds re: this story....

Brady can texting all day, BB don´t care about.

But why not having them both on short calling list?

Branch and Lloyd are familiar with our system.
Taking pressure from our rookies. We have, now, not really depth on WR. If Edelman goes down.....who else can step in?

Branch is all done, he could not shake a stick.

How do they know this stuff, what do they have a wiretap on Brady's iPhone or something?

Brady has a Bkackberry........umm, I mean,......I don't know how they hacked it.

I sincerely hope this is a fabrication.

I'm not sure why it would be. I've never been a big "body language" guy when it comes to Brady. In this situation, I don't have to be. Brady clearly isn't happy with the hand Belichick has dealt him this far in regard to the WR's. Him losing his temper on the field and the solemn post game pressers bare that out.

EDIT: So there's no confusion, I think (all that said) Brady needs to be more patient and wait for Amendola and Gronk to come back. I would love to see Lloyd back here, but these kids need to develop quickly. Bringing two vets back here and completely ignoring the rookies isn't exactly going to do wonders for their development.

I'm not sure why it would be. I've never been a big "body language" guy when it comes to Brady. In this situation, I don't have to be. Brady clearly isn't happy with the hand Belichick has dealt him this far in regard to the WR's. Him losing his temper on the field and the solemn post game pressers bare that out.
How is that proof this story is true?

Tom can trust a guy all he wants, but if he doesn't produce there is absolutely no point. Sure, he can be 100% sure Deion is where he expects him, but the DB covering Deion will also be there.

+1000

BTW if Brady has that much faith in Branch imagine how he must feel about Welker.

Always a Story Line when it comes to Pats TB or BB. If true it was probably texted in a conversation and most likely BLOWN OUTTA conTEXT. Next!

lloyd had 900 yards last year and has amazing hands..if he is ready in say a month..you know brady will be txting him. I can see him coming back. He is bi polar after all and will change his mind about playing

How is that proof this story is true?

I'm clearly assuming it is using Brady's demeanor to arrive at that conclusion. Look at my edit though.

Randy Moss's text isn't coming through that phone.
Dion Branch's text isn't coming through that phone.
David Given's text isn't coming through that phone.

No idea if story is true but were TFB to text the shadow roster geezers why would this be a problem? He used to text Branch when he went to Seattle. Keeping in text contact with past friends who he played with to inquire about possible availability should circumstances arise would seem to be normal business and friendship.

Why should he trust them at this point? Who cares who he ?texts with. Who is intercepting Brady's texts and reporting them to Ian Rapapap?

I believe you are a victim of media invention.

Does 21st century journalism require the name(s) of sources for these tweets or articles? It is incredible how much BS I read.

Today I learned that Rapoport and Silver work for the NSA.

lloyd had 900 yards last year and has amazing hands..if he is ready in say a month..you know brady will be txting him. I can see him coming back. He is bi polar after all and will change his mind about playing

I do not think bi-polar means what you think it means.

inigo-montoya.jpg

EDIT: So there's no confusion, I think (all that said) Brady needs to be more patient and wait for Amendola and Gronk to come back. I would love to see Lloyd back here, but these kids need to develop quickly. Bringing two vets back here and completely ignoring the rookies isn't exactly going to do wonders for their development.

I agree with the second part of the post (the Edit). As for the first..... Brady needs to "man up". If he really is the goat, he will take what he has and make it work. Injuries, felony convictions, ect..... will always limit availability of even the best WR squads..... He needs to stop pouting (if he is indeed pouting) and alter his game to make it work with these young guns. That means keeping his emotions in check on the field.

With all this said..... I think this story is total crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST