PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN:Brady texted 2 of his former receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 15m If the Steelers keep struggling, I'd look for call from Pats regarding Emmanuel Sanders, who they signed to offer sheet in the offseason

Just saw on NFLN via Ian rappaport and mike silver that brady doesnt trust his WRs and he has texted 2 of his former receivers in branch and lloyd.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
What @MikeSilver & I are reporting: Tom Brady himself has been calling & texting Deion Branch and Brandon Lloyd, gauging their availability

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 30s
Deion Branch has told Tom Brady he's ready whenever, hanging in Kentucky. Brandon Lloyd isn't yet. But he is acting in zombie movies.

Like anyone who knows Brady would tell Rappaport or Silver anything... Furthermore, Brady doesn't have any say in player moves...

This is fabrication on their part..

I dont know how they can convincingly say this happened. Did branch tell them ?Brady ? . Just unecessary gossip news. Because Brady/Trust/body language are keywords in the media this season which sell.

After tonights game that sounds unreasonable. our O is just clicking and Brady aint stupid not to recognize the momentum. i call bull****.

Erik Frenz ‏@ErikFrenz 8m

Tom Brady says he hasn't talks to Deion Branch or Brandon Lloyd "in awhile."

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 15m If the Steelers keep struggling, I'd look for call from Pats regarding Emmanuel Sanders, who they signed to offer sheet in the offseason

I wouldn't. He's a FA next winter.

FWIW Brady seemed to emphasize "talked".
no mention of texting. :)

Guess what silver and rappaport will say ? "We stand by our report" . This is how the media rolls.:mad:

WHile our WRs did progress decently today I still wouldn't mind bringing in Sanders

nothing wrong with keeping your options open in case injuries strike.

he's there #2 WR and big ben passed for over 400 yards today and he only had 39 on them he's not a great WR and it will take him some time to pickup the system if they signed him before the season ya but not now

if Brady called Branch and Lloyd to get them on the team why not it cant hurt, it dose not look like boyce is going to help much this year and after Gronk there are no other receiving TE on the roster even if Danny Amendola comes back next week and him and Edelman never miss a game IMO they still need one more vet WR or TE on the roster,

Branch and Lloyd are not my first choice but that's all that's on the market right now as far guys that know the system

FWIW Brady seemed to emphasize "talked".
no mention of texting. :)

Does that rule out MyFace? I know BB, doesn't use that, but Brady might. I believe Giselle may be getting cozy with the media, and passing along what she finds on Brady's phone.:)

I call BS. Branch is 34 and caught 16 receptions last season. Age and injury have likely caught up with him, so if he cannot get open it is unclear how he could help. Lloyd has bounced from team to team (6 teams in 9 years), and he played on a team with Gronkowski, Hernandez and Welker (targets teams had to plan for, which would leave Lloyd reception opportunities). After that group went out of commission, McDaniels would know if Lloyd was a "go to" guy after the 2010 season in Denver, so I suspect Lloyd would be on the team already if that were the case. There is likely a very good reason Lloyd is not a member of the team.

In the end, this report smacks of a poor media tactic designed to get a soundbite from Brady on his state of mind with regard to the Pats' decisions on receivers. Brady has suffered personnel decisions before, and is well aware he has no leverage to affect the front office decisions.

Brady denies NFL Network report on WRs

It Is What It Is » Tom Brady on D&C: “I've got to play better at quarterback”

I don’t know where some of those reports come from,” Brady said. “Obviously, I have relationships with every guy I’ve ever played with, and certainly guys at the receiver position are some of my best friends and the people that I spend the most time and I’m the closest with. But I don’t make any personnel decisions. I can’t talk to coach [Bill] Belichick about bringing players back. I’ve never been able to control the personnel decisions. I’m a player like everybody else. We have a scouting department and people that make those decisions. I’m one of the last people that are ever asked or told about what we’re doing with players. I kind of just mind my own business and try to play quarterback as best I can. I wish I would have played better yesterday, but I’m happy we won.”

Asked if he thinks the team will stick with the current group of receivers, Brady said: “I think the expectation is for us to get better and improve, and the guys that we have are the guys that we’ve practiced with and played with the first three weeks. Look, no one thought [Rob Gronkowski] would be out at this point, no one thought that what happened with [Aaron] Hernandez would have happened, no one thought Danny [Amendola] would be out, no one thought Shane [Vereen] would be out. There’s kind of an unusual set of circumstances, but that’s where we’re at. And you know what? We’re 3-0. We’re trying to build on every week. There’s a slim margin of error.

“The defense is playing incredible and we’re really lucky as an offense to have the defense that’s been as good as they’ve been these first three weeks. We’ve got to do a better job scoring points. I’ve got to play better at quarterback most importantly, and that’s what I’m trying to focus on. That’s the one thing I can control. So, I’m going to try to have a great week of practice because Atlanta plays really well at home. It will be a big game for them, they’re 1-2. They’re kind of backs are against the wall. So, we’ve got to go out and have our best offensive performance of the year on Sunday night.”​

Re: Brady denies NFL Network report on WRs

Leadership by example jmt
Gawd I'm gonna miss it when he's gone

Brady's non-denial denial aside, I think the team is at the point where riding with the rookies is the way to go unless Amendola's going to be on the shelf for a lot longer than just a couple more weeks. They made the choice, and they've survived it through the first 3 games.

Let it ride.

Here's what doesn't ring true to me - I don't think that Brady, in his heart of hearts, really believes that his old friend Deion Branch can still play in the NFL.

This is such a non story...but rap made it into this huge deal as the media likes to do

Brady's non-denial denial aside, I think the team is at the point where riding with the rookies is the way to go unless Amendola's going to be on the shelf for a lot longer than just a couple more weeks. They made the choice, and they've survived it through the first 3 games.

Let it ride.

I thought he denied it explicitly yesterday.

Tom Brady denies NFL Network report on WRs - ESPN Boston

Brady's remarks echoed what he said after Sunday's victory.

"No, I haven’t talked to those guys in a while," he said. "I love both of them. They’re good friends and great teammates, but I haven’t talked to either of them in a while."
Not sure any other way to deny it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back