PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL trade deadline looms…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats aint trading for anyone. Don't get your hopes up.

If we're trading for anyone, it should be a DT.

Having a thread on the trading deadline is not only legitimate but its helpful. Having a discussion of what WRs we can trade for is a simple waste of time. First we don't need one. Second we don't have the excess draft picks to waste on one, and finally it would simply take too long for any of the possible choices to come in and learn THIS particular system well enough to be worth the rental.

However DT is a position which translates more readily from team to team, and DT is an area of desperate need, IMHO. My question is who is out there right now who could be inserted right into our line up as a run stopper/push the pocket guy???? That's who we should be talking about.

Edit: After reading a great message from one of my favorite members of this board I have decided to delete my previous post and instead place those who I have been having difficulty with on ignore. I leave the door open to any of them to direct message me and we can attempt to resolve are issues. I am no longer going to do it threads though.

I apologize to those who were not involved that had to pay witness to this.

There's only one trade candidate that makes much sense to me, and that's Linval Joseph. He's a really big guy (6'4", 323) and just turned 25. He's also in the last year of his contract for the 0-6 Giants. That's the right combination of filling a current need while also being a long term investment (assuming a new contract is part of the deal).

The three questions I have is whether he's available for trade at all (because the Giants could definitely re-sign him this offseason and then be good again before the end of his new contract), what they want if they are willing to trade him, and then what he would want to be re-signed.

I know this could be a heavy expectation but it would be really freaking nice if the some members of this forum stopped looking for every opportunity to pick something apart. I have to believe that everyone in here can comprehend the fact that I was asking if the Patriots would be active prior to the trade deadline, I was not asking if they were going to trade for the players I named in particular so you opinion on those players availability is 100% irrelevant unless it is stated in the context such as “I think the Patriots would be interested in Hakeem Nicks, however his GM is stated he is not available”. To come on here and make some this is hilarious comment as if to imply you’re more knowledgeable than me is an embarrassment, how does responding to a question as if you didn’t even comprehend the question making you look smarter?

I like this forum, I like it a real lot in fact but there is one thing that I find to be despicable and pathetic which is when another forum member feels that by demeaning or putting down another member in public they’re going to be held in high regard, that mentality is such a ******* failure it is the reason why teen suicide increases each year and so many people in this world hate themselves and their lives, people constantly looking for every damn opportunity to **** on each other in order to feel better about themselves.

I have been trying to walk on egg shells because I don’t want to be banned from the site, and the fact that I have to constantly be put into situations where I am forced to exhibit so much self-control and not just tell people that the internet is not the safe and anonymous place that they believe it is really beginning to make me look at what I viewed as a great place to come and talk football as a place where every single thing I say is going to be picked apart by miserable bullies who use confrontation in a message board in order make themselves feel better about their own insecurities. I really doubt that was what Ian intended when he opened this site up to the public, and each one of you who do this is disrespecting him and the moderators who control this board, you’re basically looking them all in the eyes and saying those rules you had me agree to when I signed up meant nothing to me and I could care less what your expectations are for members.

Let this post be notice each and every one of you that moving forward unless you’re certain you would say what your posting to me if face to face you should not be posting it, I am not going to indulge this behavior, it is despicable to me, 18+ year old adult men and women picking on each other for fun, demeaning each other if they disagree on a specific topic, this behavior is shameful, and just like I am ashamed of the behavior I have exhibited in response to some of you over the last few weeks you should ashamed of yourselves.

If you feel this post implies I think I am better than you I assure you all that are not the case at all, I simply think I am better than this behavior and for that matter I think each and every one of you are likely better than it too. If you want to take up an issue send me a direct message like an adult we can address you issues, otherwise do us both a favor and have some goddamn self-respect and find other ways to better your self-esteem than picking on me and others the internet.

Thank you,
Brady6

Daaaaammmn, Brady6, that was like a Jerry McGuire moment. Well done.

Back on topic. A trade for a WR? Well said previously: not needed and not a high success rate throwing even a veteran WR into this offense on the fly. IF a trade happens, it must be on DEFENSE.

Will be quite on almost all front except for the Nicks trade to where ever he will go

This is hilarious because half of these have been confirmed NOT on the trade market, such as Nicks, Gonzalez, Gordon, all 100% denied by coaches/GMs.

Yes because every time a coach or Gm speaks it's the absolute gospel! How old are you young man?

Will be quite on almost all front except for the Nicks trade to where ever he will go

Unless someone is willing to give up more than a 3rd and a big contract for a receiver whose lower body hasn't been healthy in about 2 years there isn't a chance in hell he's going anywhere.

Giant's would get a good comp pick for him, but more importantly, they like him. They'd prefer to resign him.

Except it's NOT a rumor that those rumors were false.

When a rumor is proven to be innacurate why keep playing along as if it isn't? Granted, this is assuming you take the coaches/GM's word for it in saying they are NOT on the blocks.

Since when it a team's denial that someone is on the trade block actually proof that said person is not on the trade block? Are we pretending that teams aren't often completely full of it when it comes to such denials, or something?

I know this could be a heavy expectation but it would be really freaking nice if the some members of this forum stopped looking for every opportunity to pick something apart. I have to believe that everyone in here can comprehend the fact that I was asking if the Patriots would be active prior to the trade deadline, I was not asking if they were going to trade for the players I named in particular so you opinion on those players availability is 100% irrelevant unless it is stated in the context such as “I think the Patriots would be interested in Hakeem Nicks, however his GM is stated he is not available”. To come on here and make some this is hilarious comment as if to imply you’re more knowledgeable than me is an embarrassment, how does responding to a question as if you didn’t even comprehend the question making you look smarter?

I like this forum, I like it a real lot in fact but there is one thing that I find to be despicable and pathetic which is when another forum member feels that by demeaning or putting down another member in public they’re going to be held in high regard, that mentality is such a ******* failure it is the reason why teen suicide increases each year and so many people in this world hate themselves and their lives, people constantly looking for every damn opportunity to **** on each other in order to feel better about themselves.

I have been trying to walk on egg shells because I don’t want to be banned from the site, and the fact that I have to constantly be put into situations where I am forced to exhibit so much self-control and not just tell people that the internet is not the safe and anonymous place that they believe it is really beginning to make me look at what I viewed as a great place to come and talk football as a place where every single thing I say is going to be picked apart by miserable bullies who use confrontation in a message board in order make themselves feel better about their own insecurities. I really doubt that was what Ian intended when he opened this site up to the public, and each one of you who do this is disrespecting him and the moderators who control this board, you’re basically looking them all in the eyes and saying those rules you had me agree to when I signed up meant nothing to me and I could care less what your expectations are for members.

Let this post be notice each and every one of you that moving forward unless you’re certain you would say what your posting to me if face to face you should not be posting it, I am not going to indulge this behavior, it is despicable to me, 18+ year old adult men and women picking on each other for fun, demeaning each other if they disagree on a specific topic, this behavior is shameful, and just like I am ashamed of the behavior I have exhibited in response to some of you over the last few weeks you should ashamed of yourselves.

If you feel this post implies I think I am better than you I assure you all that are not the case at all, I simply think I am better than this behavior and for that matter I think each and every one of you are likely better than it too. If you want to take up an issue send me a direct message like an adult we can address you issues, otherwise do us both a favor and have some goddamn self-respect and find other ways to better your self-esteem than picking on me and others the internet.

Thank you,
Brady6

If you were offended by my post you need thicker skin, it was in no way meant to be demeaning or insulting. The idea of listing a bunch of players who within the last week or 2 have had their teams management publicly state they are not available as trade candidate was silly to me. So I called it silly.

This wasn't about putting you down to lift me up, it was about calling something silly when I found it silly.

Also, quit being an internet tough guy with the "if u wouldn't say it to my face don't say it at all'.

That comment was FAR more laughable than the rest of this thread. Maybe YOU need to grow up, not everyone is going to be all flowers and sunshine with everything posted. Adversity is something that is real, accept it, deal with it, you don't need to be all defensive like I hurt your feelings through the internet.

I'm done with this thread-derailing comment. If you wish to discuss anything further PM me and the rest of those you feel were demeaning to you.

Since when it a team's denial that someone is on the trade block actually proof that said person is not on the trade block? Are we pretending that teams aren't often completely full of it when it comes to such denials, or something?

Which is why I said "Granted this is assuming oyu believe the GM blah blah blah".

Like someone said earlier, everyone in the league has a price, but if that price isn't realistic than they aren't really available.

I would agree with one exception, if Tampa beats Atlanta tomorrow that would drop Atlanta to 1-5 and tied for last in the division, I would have to believe that Tony Gonzalez who returned this year to make a run at a Super Bowl ring would on the market, the Falcons would have to go 9-1 post trade deadline to even have a shot at the playoffs which without Julio Jones their best offensive playmaker and Sean Weatherspoon the best defensive playmaker seems highly unlikely.

Normally I am not a fan of loaner players but Gonzalez is a different story, his presence along with Gronkowski’s return to health would give us back what this offense was designed to be prior to Hernandez becoming trigger happy, and Gronkowski’s surgeries. If we could send a 4th to Atlanta for him have him here the rest of the way see if he’d entertain a 1 year deal in the offseason and we could draft a true replacement for Hernandez and this sad song is behind us.

I would agree with one exception, if Tampa beats Atlanta tomorrow that would drop Atlanta to 1-5 and tied for last in the division, I would have to believe that Tony Gonzalez who returned this year to make a run at a Super Bowl ring would on the market, the Falcons would have to go 9-1 post trade deadline to even have a shot at the playoffs which without Julio Jones their best offensive playmaker and Sean Weatherspoon the best defensive playmaker seems highly unlikely.

Normally I am not a fan of loaner players but Gonzalez is a different story, his presence along with Gronkowski’s return to health would give us back what this offense was designed to be prior to Hernandez becoming trigger happy, and Gronkowski’s surgeries. If we could send a 4th to Atlanta for him have him here the rest of the way see if he’d entertain a 1 year deal in the offseason and we could draft a true replacement for Hernandez and this sad song is behind us.

I think Gonzalez might refuse to play if traded, he's one of the great professionals in the league today, but, he SEEMS like he only came back to win a superbowl WITH Atlanta, not some random team after Atlanta ruined their season.

Gonzo would only want to go to kC. KC is on a holy quest to thwart Satan Manning. I'd like Gonzo to go home.

If you were offended by my post you need thicker skin, it was in no way meant to be demeaning or insulting. The idea of listing a bunch of players who within the last week or 2 have had their teams management publicly state they are not available as trade candidate was silly to me. So I called it silly.

This wasn't about putting you down to lift me up, it was about calling something silly when I found it silly.

Also, quit being an internet tough guy with the "if u wouldn't say it to my face don't say it at all'.

That comment was FAR more laughable than the rest of this thread. Maybe YOU need to grow up, not everyone is going to be all flowers and sunshine with everything posted. Adversity is something that is real, accept it, deal with it, you don't need to be all defensive like I hurt your feelings through the internet.

I'm done with this thread-derailing comment. If you wish to discuss anything further PM me and the rest of those you feel were demeaning to you.

No tough guy just the opposite in fact, I am done fighting with people point, blank, period. It is really played out..

If you haven't made "laughable" posts here, you haven't been posting enough... or after drinking fine malt beverages.

If you haven't made "laughable" posts here, you haven't been posting enough... or after drinking fine malt beverages.

I dunno, but aren't "laughable" posts more often associated with beverages of the gutrot variety? :confused:

Yeah really, you'd be a damn fool to out right say somebody is on the trade block. You never want other teams to think you don't want to keep a guy because it hurts your leverage. And if you don't trade the guy it's going to be awkward for the team now that he thinks you don't want him.

Which is why I said "Granted this is assuming oyu believe the GM blah blah blah".

Like someone said earlier, everyone in the league has a price, but if that price isn't realistic than they aren't really available.

According to Gms, nobody is ever on the trade block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST