PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Thanksgiving Day Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the problem is that everyone in the country KNOWS for an undisputed fact that the Texans got a long TD that they didn't deserve....on a technicality infinitely more ridiculous than the tuck rule

Geeze. I thought this houston team was supposed to be "balanced"?
They better get that one seed.

Thatll be JJ's reaction after Vollmer stonewalls him.

What sucks is that they can't change the rule until the playoffs (or or is it until next season, period). Could you imagine a team losing a pivotal game late in the season because the opposing HC purposely threw a challenge flag on a scoring play that should have been reversed?

After this debacle, whatever coach gets burned pulling this stunt again deserves it.

Last edited:
Now they are saying that they didn't review the play because the Lions threw their challenge flag illegally. Well if that's the case then that's the most outrageous, and unproportionate penalty in all of football. For the mere throwing of flag at an inappropriate time, you not only get a 15 yd penalty, you lose the right to get the replay. That's overkill that I can't justify by merely throwing a flag at the wrong time.

It's absolutely shameful and completely illogical: first the refs blow an obvious call to allow a bogus touchdown, then by challenging the bogus call it stands. How absurd is that?

With the way the game has been going I thought for a second the refs might keep the flag in their pockets and let Texans have the recovery

It's absolutely shameful and completely illogical: first the refs blow an obvious call to allow a bogus touchdown, then by challenging the bogus call it stands. How absurd is that?

All I want to know is when are we going to start penalizing these idiot refs for blowing or making bogus calls.

Last edited:
After this debacle, whatever coach gets burned pulling this stunt again deserves it.

If they incorrectly throw the flag and it's the other teams score, then yeah.

However, you could easily get a TD call on a play that clearly wasn't a TD, the team receiving the beneficially call throws the challenge flag, thus voiding the replay that would over turn the call. They gain a HUGE unfair advantage on the play that wins the game and puts the team in the playoffs or gives them homefield advantage. That would be a DISASTER for the league and right now, they can't do a damned thing to prevent such a scenario from happening.

All I want to know is when are we going to start penalizing these idiot refs for blowing or making bogus calls.

Only way they are getting penalized now is getting graded out of working playoff games so technically, a loss of income as I would guess there has to be some sort of bonus for playoff games.

Only way they are getting penalized now is getting graded out of working playoff games so technically, a loss of income as I would guess there has to be some sort of bonus for playoff games.

Yeah but Vegas only rigs regular season games anyway, the NFL has dibs on playoff matches. So how is that any punishment?:D

since today, i am not scared anymore to play the texans. they are beatable...

Last edited:
Houston just did a New England by running a play before the 2 min warning.

so looks like we get to hear for another week how the texans just find ways to win football games. yet anybody that mentions that won't mention the fact they got a gift TD

Last edited:
Jim Schwartz is a damn moron! They had two opportunities to potentially put the game away and they keep throwing. Run the ball!

Now they've given an opportunity to Houston to tie and force overtime if Detroit can't hold them or drive and match their score.

Tex/ref's tie the game. Lets see if Stafford can pull it out. I'm expecting at least one holding call against the Lions.

yet that's a flag on Spikes

3rd time 10-15 yards away from field goal range and nothing, embarrassing...

Watt will be fined but that no consolation for the non call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore