PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Thanksgiving Day Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why there is a penalty, it really is quite reasonable to expect these coaches to understand the simple fact that all scoring plays are reviewed.

However, it should be a 5 yard delay of game penalty. The fact that the penalty is 15 yards + no review is baffling.

Atrocious call on the field by the refs, bad move by Schwartz not knowing the rule and dumb rule itself. Pretty bad all around.

Last edited:
I wish our corners were half as aggressive as the Lions'

I almost don't even want to finish watching this disgusting. I'd hate to win a game like this.

Second kick in a row there is a Lion running onto the field late. What a undisciplined team.

TALK ABOUT Karma

Harbaugh knew the rule, after all

When Jim Harbaugh threw the red challenge flag to appeal a non-reviewable play in the first quarter Sunday, TV cameras caught Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz appearing to yell, "Know the rules, Harbaugh!"

As it turns out, Harbaugh did know the rules. And that's why he threw the flag, Harbaugh said Monday, a day after the 49ers' 25-19 victory over the Lions.

Detroit tight end Brandon Pettigrew caught a 16-yard touchdown pass from Matthew Stafford. But one official called it incomplete after he saw Patrick Willis dislodge the ball from Pettigrew's grasp while both players were on the end-zone turf.

I understand why there is a penalty, it really is quite reasonable to expect these coaches to understand the simple fact that all scoring plays are reviewed.

However, it should be a 5 yard delay of game penalty added to the extra-point. The fact that the penalty is 15 yards + no review is baffling.

Atrocious call on the field by the refs, bad move by Schwartz not knowing the rule and dumb rule itself. Pretty bad all around.

I just want someone to explain the logic behind this stupid rule.

Apparently the Texans brought their own ref's to the game. Two atrocious calls. No pentalties called on them.

Last edited:
BREAKING : Goodell just turned off his phone and shut down his PC.......... Believe me.........:D

Can we have WWE refs do NFL? At least we know it's fixed for sure (spoiler alert for some people) and one of them will end up unconscious after being hit by a steel chair.

Now they are saying that they didn't review the play because the Lions threw their challenge flag illegally. Well if that's the case then that's the most outrageous, and unproportionate penalty in all of football. For the mere throwing of flag at an inappropriate time, you not only get a 15 yd penalty, you lose the right to get the replay. That's overkill that I can't justify by merely throwing a flag at the wrong time.

The only thing I can think of is it technically delaying the game.

Which, as said, should result in no more than a 5 yard penalty at worst.

Last edited:
Does he also lose that challenge?

What sucks is that they can't change the rule until the playoffs (or or is it until next season, period). Could you imagine a team losing a pivotal game late in the season because the opposing HC purposely threw a challenge flag on a scoring play that should have been reversed?

Lions score!. Schwartz did not challenge this time. :D

I agree completely. How is this fundamentally, functionally ANY different than a delay of game penalty? Giving a 15 yard penalty AND removing the review of the play is like Subway fining you $500 for not paying for a refill - the punishment doesn't match the crime!

I only knew that rule because I remember Jets fans freaking out when Belichick supposedly pulled the flag out on a non challengeable play earlier this year. I feel like Jim Schwartz should have been aware, though, stupid rule or not.

Apparently, the Jaguars disclosed the secret to the Texans defense. Double team Watt and they can't stop anybody.

The only thing I can think of is it technically delaying the game.

Which, as said, should result in no more than a 5 yard penalty at worst.

Seems like a textbook delay of game penalty.

aw jj can't take criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore