PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL suspends Payton, Loomis & Williams; strips Saints of two draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Goodell is a power hungry tyrant handing out excessive punishments and Rex Ryan should be banned from the league for swearing. Just a hint of irony there.

So Goodell is a power hungry tyrant handing out excessive punishments and Rex Ryan should be banned from the league for swearing. Just a hint of irony there.

what part of the other 29 slices of degeneracy, profanity,vulgarity,gluttony, lying,bad sportsmanship and overt imbecility did you miss?

Rex Ryan will get his just desserts when the train wreck called the New York Jets crash to the cellar of the AFC East.

what part of the other 29 slices of degeneracy, profanity,vulgarity,gluttony, lying,bad sportsmanship and overt imbecility did you miss?

the part about them being against any rules?

I can't tell if you're messing with me or not lol

the part about them being against any rules?

I can't tell if you're messing with me or not lol

pay attention...the bolded part at the bottom of the list...there is your Holy Grail, brave knight...

Standard of Conduct:

While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances:

Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving: the use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest; disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money laundering;
Criminal offenses relating to steroids and prohibited substances, or substances of abuse;
Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace;
Possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting, including but not limited to stadiums, team facilities, training camp, locker rooms, team planes, buses, parking lots, etc., or unlawful possession of a weapon outside of the workplace;
Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person; and
Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.

as anyone with two functioning eyes can read, Ryan is repeatedly in violation of the above since taking over as Jets head coach.Unless ,of course, you consider deviant sex practices,the avalanches of profanities and overt gluttonous behavior no risk whatsoever to the integrity of the NFL. You see, THIS is where I think Ryan is the paradigm.

Last edited:
are you kidding me? you want the NFL to police the bedrooms, language and eating habits of NFL coaches so they conform to your own bizarre moral code?

Nothing he has done rises to the level of that language, and there's tons of precedence establishing that.

Last edited:
are you kidding me? you want the NFL to police the bedrooms, language and eating habits of NFL coaches so they conform to your own bizarre moral code?

Nothing he has done rises to the level of that language, and there's tons of precedence establishing that. You are coming off as a crazy person.

bizarre moral code? do you have kids? swearing at paying fans is normal to you? throwing the finger in front of children at a public event as you are a paid representative of the NFL is well within YOUR bounds of decency? Police the bedrooms?? Ryan is the one who brought all this to the public eye, the NFL didn't go out looking for that degenerate video...Ryan filmed and had it posted at a foot fetish web site. The country is being swept by an epidemic of obesity ,especially amongst children and you espouse the overt "let's eat a ton of snacks!!!" and "it's Thursday!!Ice cream sundaes for everybody night!" sound bytes Ryan is directly responsible for proliferating through all media? MY bizarre moral code?? You mean the one that finds it is antithetical to good sportsmanship for a team to deliberately set up a wall of players on the sideline to TRIP opposing players during play?? I'm BIZARRE??? What are you, a recent space alien transplant from Planet Bizarro?

i believe rex ryan has already got just desserts

joker said:
bizarre moral code? do you have kids? swearing at paying fans is normal to you? throwing the finger in front of children at a public event as you are a paid representative of the NFL is well within YOUR bounds of decency? Police the bedrooms?? Ryan is the one who brought all this to the public eye, the NFL didn't go out looking for that degenerate video...Ryan filmed and had it posted at a foot fetish web site. The country is being swept by an epidemic of obesity ,especially amongst children and you espouse the overt "let's eat a ton of snacks!!!" and "it's Thursday!!Ice cream sundaes for everybody night!" sound bytes Ryan is directly responsible for proliferating through all media? MY bizarre moral code?? You mean the one that finds it is antithetical to good sportsmanship for a team to deliberately set up a wall of players on the sideline to TRIP opposing players during play?? I'm BIZARRE??? What are you, a recent space alien transplant from Planet Bizarro?

kevin-spacey-seven.jpg

Last edited:
heh...anyway..as I'm going back and forth with you, I'm watching Alan Arkin in Catch 22....arguing with you makes me feel like Yossarian...the movie is over and so, alas, am I for the night...see ya' tomorrow...maybe by then Tebow will have converted Rex and his resulting epiphany will usher forth a new era of sanity in Jetland...right...I must already be dreamin'....

(a Seven reference...heh...nice)

Last edited:
Perspective...

Bountys to knock players out of a game >>> filming from prohibited area of the stadium > throwing the finger and swearing & being a lout

Last edited:
Perspective...

Bountys to knock players out of a game >>> filming from prohibited area of the stadium > throwing the finger and swearing & being a lout

he is a hairy blemish on the gorgeous woman's behind that is the nfl.

If I tell someone that I will pay them to break a person's leg, isn't there a law in the legal system that says I'll be arrested? Isn't what NOs did a felony because it crossed state lines? Don't people have a right to work without being concerned about a hit being put out on them? The more thought I put into this, the more wrong it becomes.

If I tell someone that I will pay them to break a person's leg, isn't there a law in the legal system that says I'll be arrested? Isn't what NOs did a felony because it crossed state lines? Don't people have a right to work without being concerned about a hit being put out on them? The more thought I put into this, the more wrong it becomes.

exactly

i would love to see some players arrested , i don't care if they're currently on my team or not

this was just wrong

DOn't think the analogy works.

If I put on pads and a helmet and go out and tackle someone I'll probably be arrested for assault.

In football violent hits are permitted. To prosecute hits that cause injuries, even there is cause to think that it was intentional, would open up a can of worms that I don't think the NFL wants.

Re: Warren Sapp says Jeremy Shockey was the Saints bounty Snitch

after a little thought, you are probably right...I shouldn't have posted my opinion of a stool pigeon. I never meant to insult anybody using an analogy but I see I have upset some here using the military reference...and today, with so many of our brave young men in harm's way,I should have put more thought into it.

As far as degrees go, it all comes down to where you live I guess....rape is a disgusting heinous crime, of that there is no question. The reason I said a child molester is the only thing lower than a rat comes from family here in RI in law enforcement, where the prevailing rank of scumbags has rapists and child predators at the very bottom. My Dad was a RI State Trooper and he taught me and my brothers that a real police officer despises a rat. He taught us to be men and tell the truth no matter the consequences. He told us the police use informants to make cases but despise the very nature of the informants themselves. Right now, today, I have three family members working the ACI in Cranston. One of them posts here on occasion and I'm sure he'll back me up on this...in prison the child predators are also the rats the C.O.'s use to gain information on inmate activities. The C.O.'s use them in every facility because they are extremely effective tools, and will tell on everyone, even the rapists, who are the next lowest form of vermin in any prison.

I hope this sort of clears things up just a bit...yes, it was an off the cuff ,flip comment for me to make in that earlier post but it was borne out of a surface reaction so often engendered on message boards. I can only try to be more considerate of others feelings when wandering outside the bounds of football discourse here.

If your dad "taught you (us) to be men and tell the truth no matter the consequences" then a Whistleblower would not be a rat. It would be someone doing the right thing.

It's already come out that Sapp was WRONG and that Shockey was not the player who caused the investigation to be re-opened in November.

The "RAT" would be someone who was directly involved and then pool, benefited from it, and then turned them in for a lesser sentence. Shockey wouldn't have been part of the pool since it was for Defensive players. So, it wouldn't be possible for him to benefit from it.

First off Patriots involvement in community has nothing to do with the obvious link of the Saints to New Orleans, so no idea what you thinking.

I'm thinking that what the Saints did in helping the community was not anything that special nor above/beyond what is expected.

Second, Lying is lying, its not arrogant . Arrogant would be for SP to tell Goddell to go F himself and delete his emails.Well, arrogant and smart.

Payton basically DID tell Goodell to go "F" himself with the lie since he knew the league already had the emails in question. BTW, you do realize that deleting emails doesn't really delete them, right? A copy is stored in cyberspace if you know where to look..

Third, you right, hurting other player is wrong. Im not even going to make something up cool to respond, its just wrong. But Saints fans are extremely confused right now, and our new bandwagon is in full effect making excuses.

Thats what the real fans our saying DaBruinz. I even wrote a post saying if the NFL dosnt punish the Saints, we fans have to. What we did was wrong.
This is not a new thing to the NFL. So some saints fans are going to be mad that they won't look league wide for this problem. Goddell is hoping , Im sure, that using us as an example will stop the other teams from doing this, and save millions of dollars it would cost to investigate everyone. Thats fine. Im just not sure its going to work.

No one is going to account for bonuses given to almost every player for quote " Good Plays" , and thats in most players contract. I fear this is not going to end with the Saints, and its more wide spread than most fans think. Well, except in philly, Im sure their fans would welcome it,lol

Theres no reason for you the tell me when and how I should make statements about my team. Im pretty sure you did not post "What they did was wrong. But I still love the TEAM. And leave it at that.." during patriots media problems. Your just telling us to shut up.

No. I'm not telling you to "shut up." I'm giving ONE example of how to keep your pride and dignity in the face of this adversity.

The difference between now and the Patriots incident is that there weren't 5000 pages worth of evidence against the Patriots. The Pats fans were able to easily show and refute the charges. That, unfortunately, can't be done here.

,, and maybe your right, but we are really confused, mad, don't know what to say, say to much, love our team, hate them for this, love the morals we saw, hate what we are hearing.. its a complete mess. People want to turn us against Brees, hate Greer ( who I love), we don't know what to think.
We won't know for a while.

I know that you real fans are confused, mad, etc.. And I don't fault the real fans. None of us do. I don't get the hate against Brees in all honesty. It's unlikely he knew about it since he wasn't partaking in it..

A lot will be solved when they release the player punishments.

DOn't think the analogy works.

If I put on pads and a helmet and go out and tackle someone I'll probably be arrested for assault.

In football violent hits are permitted. To prosecute hits that cause injuries, even there is cause to think that it was intentional, would open up a can of worms that I don't think the NFL wants.

While I agree with your point that the NFL doesn't want this 'can of worms' opened, it needs to be pointed out that charges have been brought against hockey players when they've injured players by actions which were against the rules of hockey. It just takes a willing prosecutor.

The hardest part is proving the intent to injure if it comes on a normal play. For criminal liability to attach, it really has to be something outside the confines of the game. See the Marty McSorley case (skating up behind someone and hitting them as hard as you can in the head with your stick). I remember an Eagles DL picking up and slamming McMahon down (separating his shoulder) while McMahon was walking back to the huddle, that I think might qualify as criminal. Nothing we've seen from the saints could be seen as anything other than normal football plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes