PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL suspends Payton, Loomis & Williams; strips Saints of two draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got exactly what they deserved....and they should have lost a first rounder as well. If you look at the film clips they have running from 2009-2011....the hits were ESPECIALLY BRUTAL. Some of the most vicious were on Favored during 2009 playoff game. Countless roughing passer,excessive force...eventually took him out of game with a final cheap shot. Picture about 7 Bernard Pollard's on a defense..and that was the Saints that year....and still played dirty thru last year. They now will await the suspension s of several players as well...which is coming. Deplorable stuff and I'm glad they got what they deserved....sorry Pherein ..

No, its ok, you have a right to your opinion, an frankly I would be a little PO'd knowing we might have targeted Brady that year.
I think we need to be punished also. I just don't understand the Draft pick because that basically insures we have a lesser team for 3 years, and the entire team was not involved.
I mean banning our HC for the season, GW, other coaches that knew, the GM, and all the players that will be banned and fined from the Saints seems enough.
It completely destroys 1 season of football, or more.

Even Horn is saying this is not a Saints problem, and that its been going on for awhile. Granted Horn is a Saints homer, but I don't think he's making it up, and if it is happening everywhere why shouldn't Goddell investigate everyone?

Horn talks bounties - YouTube

I think we all know that guys like Harrison get fined by the NFL for hits, but what bonuses is Harrison getting at the end of the year? Im not sure I ever believed Harrison was not compensated by Pitt somehow. I just don't see him eating $100,000's.
Im not try to excuse our team, I wanted them punished, we all did. But its possible we are being made an example, and that fine also, if it works.

Re: Warren Sapp says Jeremy Shockey was the Saints bounty Snitch

Sorry, but that is the idiot gang BS talking. Not to mention that it's an INSULT to men and women who are actually going to war. And, even then, there are things you DON'T do. And, IF you do, then you deserve to be slapped in IRONS because YOU are the problem, not the person who reported you.

Joker, you generally are a damn good poster, but your speculation is absolute BS. And this whole "RAT" thing you are spewing is so unintelligent it's ridiculous and beneath you.

after a little thought, you are probably right...I shouldn't have posted my opinion of a stool pigeon. I never meant to insult anybody using an analogy but I see I have upset some here using the military reference...and today, with so many of our brave young men in harm's way,I should have put more thought into it.

As far as degrees go, it all comes down to where you live I guess....rape is a disgusting heinous crime, of that there is no question. The reason I said a child molester is the only thing lower than a rat comes from family here in RI in law enforcement, where the prevailing rank of scumbags has rapists and child predators at the very bottom. My Dad was a RI State Trooper and he taught me and my brothers that a real police officer despises a rat. He taught us to be men and tell the truth no matter the consequences. He told us the police use informants to make cases but despise the very nature of the informants themselves. Right now, today, I have three family members working the ACI in Cranston. One of them posts here on occasion and I'm sure he'll back me up on this...in prison the child predators are also the rats the C.O.'s use to gain information on inmate activities. The C.O.'s use them in every facility because they are extremely effective tools, and will tell on everyone, even the rapists, who are the next lowest form of vermin in any prison.

I hope this sort of clears things up just a bit...yes, it was an off the cuff ,flip comment for me to make in that earlier post but it was borne out of a surface reaction so often engendered on message boards. I can only try to be more considerate of others feelings when wandering outside the bounds of football discourse here.

Yes, that's the way we feel about the camera thing. There was definitely some cause to investigate the Jets as well, but nothing happened. We were the example.

You hangin in there, pherein?

:) good days and bad days, thanks. Still waiting for a good day,lol.

Our boards are full of part time fans trying to find an excuse, and full time fans try to tell everyone to calm down. The Fans are a mess right now and still in shock. Their just looking for someone else to blame, or the fines are to harsh, instead of understanding .. Look I want care what other teams have done, our team did this, and thats wrong.

I think I might have to wash my jersey for the 1st time

It is so embarrassing when the the government gets involved. You can almost them thinking, oh goody, a new pet issue I can get all outraged over that doesn't require me to actually solve a problem! I'm on it!

No, its ok, you have a right to your opinion, an frankly I would be a little PO'd knowing we might have targeted Brady that year.
I think we need to be punished also. I just don't understand the Draft pick because that basically insures we have a lesser team for 3 years, and the entire team was not involved.
I mean banning our HC for the season, GW, other coaches that knew, the GM, and all the players that will be banned and fined from the Saints seems enough.
It completely destroys 1 season of football, or more.

Even Horn is saying this is not a Saints problem, and that its been going on for awhile. Granted Horn is a Saints homer, but I don't think he's making it up, and if it is happening everywhere why shouldn't Goddell investigate everyone?

Horn talks bounties - YouTube

I think we all know that guys like Harrison get fined by the NFL for hits, but what bonuses is Harrison getting at the end of the year? Im not sure I ever believed Harrison was not compensated by Pitt somehow. I just don't see him eating $100,000's.
Im not try to excuse our team, I wanted them punished, we all did. But its possible we are being made an example, and that fine also, if it works.

if they find proof of harrison involved in a bounty program i'm all for the nfl punishing him to the fullest

same goes for any of my chargers players

there was a time in recent years we used to injure several opponents with our D, if it came out that we had a bounty program going, i'd be all in favor of my franchise being punished severely........to the full extent

if they find proof of harrison involved in a bounty program i'm all for the nfl punishing him to the fullest

same goes for any of my chargers players

there was a time in recent years we used to injure several opponents with our D, if it came out that we had a bounty program going, i'd be all in favor of my franchise being punished severely........to the full extent

I agree, but I doubt BB is doing such a thing ... because they would have been 1st,lol. Lord knows the media has been digging at the patriots for years to discredit them.
Im not sure the chargers are even on the road map.But wouldn't surprise me if Rivers gets a ring.

Last edited:
I too think it's a joke for the government to get involved here, but just to play devil's advocate I don't really wanna see Goodell successfully flush all the sins of the past down the memory hole so that he can better fight future lawsuits. Watching him get up in front of congress and try to advance the narrative that the Saints were the first to ever have bounties and he never knew of them before and perjure himself or admit that he didn't really care or do anything about it before because they weren't getting flack for head injuries would be good t.v. imo. There are some powerful owners so who knows if this will actually happen, but I'm kind of looking forward to it if it does.

I agree, but I doubt BB is doing such a thing ... because they would have been 1st,lol. Lord knows the media has been digging at the patriots for years to discredit them.

i said my chargers team lol

i'm all for having the book thrown at my own team, if the nfl has proof

i said my chargers team lol

i'm all for having the book thrown at my own team, if the nfl has proof

Im sure it happened there JC. I might have been naive about this before, but Im pretty positive the Saints are not the 1st team in the NFL to ever do this, or that this is not done elsewhere.
Yeah sorry , Im a goof keep forgetting you a charger, and hate the sproles trade,hehe

and have no idea why i just typed, hehe, like I'm a teenage girl, Im seriously losing it

Last edited:
Pherein - First off, the Patriots are among the league leaders in getting involved in the community. And they don't need a catastrophe for them to do it.

Secondly, it is people in the media who are reporting about Payton being arrogant. And, when you look at the fact that he outright lied to the commissioner of the NFL and then got caught with the EMAIL that showed that he knew about the program, what else can you call it but arrogance?

Third, No one is bashing the Saints fans for having an opinion. However, too many Saints fans are acting as if what the Saints did was no big deal and that what the Pats did was tantamount to sullying the good name of the game. Yet, any TRUE fan knows that it's the exact opposite. Attempting to injure opposing players is sullying the name of the game. Taping opposing coaches for use at a later date is what was no big deal.

Dude, it sucks, but you have to admit that what the Saints did was pretty friggin stupid. Especially the numerous lies that the coaches and players have told. I mean, the league released a 5000 page document citing all the issues and the results from their investigation. That's worse than a Supreme Court ruling..

Best thing to say. What they did was wrong. But I still love the TEAM. And leave it as that..

First off Patriots involvement in community has nothing to do with the obvious link of the Saints to New Orleans, so no idea what you thinking.

Second, Lying is lying, its not arrogant . Arrogant would be for SP to tell Goddell to go F himself and delete his emails.Well, arrogant and smart.

Third, you right, hurting other player is wrong. Im not even going to make something up cool to respond, its just wrong. But Saints fans are extremely confused right now, and our new bandwagon is in full effect making excuses.

Thats what the real fans our saying DaBruinz. I even wrote a post saying if the NFL dosnt punish the Saints, we fans have to. What we did was wrong.
This is not a new thing to the NFL. So some saints fans are going to be mad that they won't look league wide for this problem. Goddell is hoping , Im sure, that using us as an example will stop the other teams from doing this, and save millions of dollars it would cost to investigate everyone. Thats fine. Im just not sure its going to work.

No one is going to account for bonuses given to almost every player for quote " Good Plays" , and thats in most players contract. I fear this is not going to end with the Saints, and its more wide spread than most fans think. Well, except in philly, Im sure their fans would welcome it,lol

Theres no reason for you the tell me when and how I should make statements about my team. Im pretty sure you did not post "What they did was wrong. But I still love the TEAM. And leave it at that.." during patriots media problems. Your just telling us to shut up.

,, and maybe your right, but we are really confused, mad, don't know what to say, say to much, love our team, hate them for this, love the morals we saw, hate what we are hearing.. its a complete mess. People want to turn us against Brees, hate Greer ( who I love), we don't know what to think.
We won't know for a while.

Last edited:
First off Patriots involvement in community has nothing to do with the obvious link of the Saints to New Orleans, so no idea what you thinking.

Second, Lying is lying, its not arrogant . Arrogant would be for SP to tell Goddell to go F himself and delete his emails.Well, arrogant and smart.

Third, you right, hurting other player is wrong. Im not even going to make something up cool to respond, its just wrong. But Saints fans are extremely confused right now, and our new bandwagon is in full effect making excuses.

Thats what the real fans our saying DaBruinz. I even wrote a post saying if the NFL dosnt punish the Saints, we fans have to. What we did was wrong.
This is not a new thing to the NFL. So some saints fans are going to be mad that they won't look league wide for this problem. Goddell is hoping , Im sure, that using us as an example will stop the other teams from doing this, and save millions of dollars it would cost to investigate everyone. Thats fine. Im just not sure its going to work.

No one is going to account for bonuses given to almost every player for quote " Good Plays" , and thats in most players contract. I fear this is not going to end with the Saints, and its more wide spread than most fans think. Well, except in philly, Im sure their fans would welcome it,lol

I think this is a lot like Spygate in that other teams may have been doing it also but after the league sent the memo the other teams stopped, your guys didnt nor did BB. Also, your teams good and Goodell's going to make an example out of a good team.
Taking away draft picks from a good team is a big plus for parity in the league and thats their goal, they want fans of all teams interested in thinking their team can make the playoffs.
Im sure other teams have done it over the years but doing it after the dictator said no more is the crime along with being a good team.

Im sure other teams have done it over the years but doing it after the dictator said no more is the crime along with being a good team.

YOU see this clearly...I see it the same way...we don't know each other..yet...to us and a host of others this is OBVIOUS...I guess my point is , just how arrogant is this Omissioner anyway? Is he the Josef Stalin of modern day NFL football?

Last edited:
I think the deciding factor on the severity of the penalties was the lying part. Payton knew, the Saints were told to stop this, Loomis and Payton told the Commissioner that they had put a stop to it and they were lying.

It sucks for Saints fans, but Goodell has sent a clear message, and every other team in the NFL that has some kind of bounty going on is going to think twice about it after this. And that's the result that Goodell wants I'm sure.

YOU see this clearly...I see it the same way...we don't know each other..yet...to us and a host of others this is OBVIOUS...I guess my point is , just how arrogant is this Omissioner anyway? Is he the Josef Stalin of modern day NFL football?

Would you rather have a toothless commissioner who has no power that comes with his position and let the owners and players dictate everything according to their own interests? They appoint the Commissioner precisely because the owners realize that there is too much of a conflict of interest between them and they need an impartial executive. According to the constitution of the NFL the commissioner has certain powers, and one of the primary powers is the right to discipline players, coaches, teams and owners for activities which are in violation of the rules of the league.

Payton and the Saints have the right of appeal.

I fail to see the dictatorship or the arrogance here.

Last edited:
I think this is a lot like Spygate in that other teams may have been doing it also but after the league sent the memo the other teams stopped, your guys didnt nor did BB. Also, your teams good and Goodell's going to make an example out of a good team.
Taking away draft picks from a good team is a big plus for parity in the league and thats their goal, they want fans of all teams interested in thinking their team can make the playoffs.

Look we know we have become arrogant about our offense over the years. The numbers sence 2006 till now are astounding. Watching them play and score time after time kind of makes you think nothing can stop them 6 years later. You get complaisant, expect it.
Even thow we lost vs SF, no one scored 32pts on that defense. The offense is very good.
Hes picking our team apart and restructuring the NFC south.

The only thing I find amusing about this is, GW cost us 2 possible SB's :)
I mean his plan of being evil didn't even work!!!!!
Any offense scoring 32pts and 38pts in a playoff should win vs the Seahawks and SF. lol, GW destroyed our character and theres nothing to show for it.

Last edited:
Im sure it happened there JC. I might have been naive about this before, but Im pretty positive the Saints are not the 1st team in the NFL to ever do this, or that this is not done elsewhere.
Yeah sorry , Im a goof keep forgetting you a charger, and hate the sproles trade,hehe

and have no idea why i just typed, hehe, like I'm a teenage girl, Im seriously losing it

i wouldn't be shocked if sd had a bounty program with wade and rivera

marty used to be our head coach and he was a serious bastard when it came to wanting his defense to hurt people (just see his kc days)

i wouldn't be surprised if rivera is a bounty type of guy

as for sproles, it wasn't a trade, he was a free agent who signed with new orleans

he wasn't good in his last year in san diego, and we let him walk, it was nice that he could rejuvinate his career in new orleans

he became too known in our offense, and started to not produce

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference