PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL suspends Payton, Loomis & Williams; strips Saints of two draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yeah, definitely. Wasn't he a Buddy Ryan protege?

It's like how BB didn't invent signal stealing though from the meda outcry you'd think he did.

Signal stealing? I've seen morons claiming the Pats were taping opposing teams' locker rooms. :bricks:

To get there and fail is better than never getting there at all. At least that's what I tell my wife while repairing drywall and door hinges.:)

You could be a JEST fan. :bricks:

If the fans and the players do have a 2007 Patriots-style "Eff You Tour 2012", then buckle in and prepare for a hell of a ride. That was such a fun season... you know, right up until the SB.

Hmm think the build up ,Team wise is already staring

Some Saints players have already been in touch with Payton to let him know they are behind him, and starting right tackle Zach Strief said on Friday players “owe it” to their embattled coach to come closer together, live up to the standards he set during the past six seasons and do everything they can to win in his honor while he is away.

“This season is going to take on an us-versus-the-world mentality,” Strief said. “The perception at this point is not positive with us. We’ve worked very hard, I know as players, to gain respect, not only as a good team but as a good group of guys. That perception will go completely out the window now, and I think that’ll be kind of a rallying cry for us. It will give us a chance to kind of come together closer than we’ve ever been and say, `Look, nobody wants us to even win anymore, and we’re going to win for each other, and for coach Payton and Mickey and the guys that essentially took this fall.”’

Is it possible for the offense to score 30-40 pts when the defense is gutted I don't know, didn't work last 2 years, but a lot of boys might rise on defense, after we are gutted and only the 2nd and 3rd string are there. No way we are going to have the perfect storm of NE, but we may slip by with luck.

:) I have to admit, nothing would piss off Goddell more than seeing a saints vs pats SB. That would be hilarious to watch him have to hand either team a trophy.

and Bayou boys, its the perfect thing to call them, sorry may steal that ,, thanks

It's not stolen. It's given. You guys aren't villified up here on our end. We've been on the other side. We see BS when BS needs to be called. I'm throwing a yellow flag at Roger the Dodger next time I'm in Manhatten. He needs to be suspended. Go Bayou Boys!:)

The Pats have that pick! :bricks:

Yeah, surprised that bastard didn't steal it from us. If he did I'd go to Manhatten and personnally bash his brains in with a video camera.

It's not stolen. It's given. You guys aren't villified up here on our end. We've been on the other side. We see BS when BS needs to be called. I'm throwing a yellow flag at Roger the Dodger next time I'm in Manhatten. He needs to be suspended. Go Bayou Boys!:)

Thanks very nice of you OhEx. No matter what some people try to say, their has always been a large respect for NE in NO. More so from the impression of the NE fans had on us. But, Payton really made us understand the brilliance of BB and constantly giving the team a chance to win year to year. Granted we will not have the same success, lol, Im just say this isn't the 1st time we copied you :)

..again what we did was wrong, Im not posting to change any of that.

but I'm sorry this is funny
New Orleans Saints face NFL punishment in 'bounty-gate' - YouTube

and just wanted to post some links showing fans are really turning this into a big thing. Ive never seen this fan base doing this many rallies, or doing this much, even in 2009. Thou truth be told that wasn't our biggest fan support year. I really think I'm posting to much on this at this point. For those that think so, I do apologize , I am just trying to provide our thoughts and some information so you can make your mind up. ITs perfectly fine to hate us for this, its not very sportsman like and we are embarrassed by it.

New Orleans Saints Fans Embrace “Bounty Hunter” Label
bobba-fett-bounty-hunter-saint.jpg

This thing is making our fan base even stronger. Theres a huge support in NO to FREEPAYTON, as they say

New Orleans Saints fans embrace "bounty hunter" label

Super Bowl XLVII: Goodell?s Worst Nightmare Coming Soon - Canal Street Chronicles

The Saints are Coming - Canal Street Chronicles

You know this really bothers me we even talk about this, and I hate that the media makes this comparison. We are not qualified to go over what spygate was or was not.
But they force it down NO throats to make a comparison. Giving Mad fans in NO something to look foolish about. Truthfully we have no idea about the whole thing, but we know BB is a character guy. Im not happy about us giving opinions about this, it makes us look really stupid when we comment, and its what they want.

Dueling Scandals: 2012 Bountygate vs. 2008 Spygate - Canal Street Chronicles

Last edited:
Like I said before, this wasn't a system practiced solely by the Saints. As with with Spygate the Saints just happened to be the ones ratted out so therefore they have to endure the penalties.

As just being a fan, I feel your pain. Others should be punished too, but you guys are going to take the full brunt of the punishment. We here in NE know. Believe me. The Bayou Boys will endure, just as our red, white and blue heroes did.

Thanks very nice of you OhEx. No matter what some people try to say, their has always been a large respect for NE in NO. More so from the impression of the NE fans had on us. But, Payton really made us understand the brilliance of BB and constantly giving the team a chance to win year to year. Granted we will not have the same success, lol, Im just say this isn't the 1st time we copied you :)

..again what we did was wrong, Im not posting to change any of that.

but I'm sorry this is funny
New Orleans Saints face NFL punishment in 'bounty-gate' - YouTube

and just wanted to post some links showing fans are really turning this into a big thing. Ive never seen this fan base doing this many rallies, or doing this much, even in 2009. Thou truth be told that wasn't our biggest fan support year. I really think I'm posting to much on this at this point. For those that think so, I do apologize , I am just trying to provide our thoughts and some information so you can make your mind up. ITs perfectly fine to hate us for this, its not very sportsman like and we are embarrassed by it.

New Orleans Saints Fans Embrace “Bounty Hunter” Label
bobba-fett-bounty-hunter-saint.jpg

This thing is making our fan base even stronger. Theres a huge support in NO to FREEPAYTON, as they say

New Orleans Saints fans embrace "bounty hunter" label

Super Bowl XLVII: Goodell?s Worst Nightmare Coming Soon - Canal Street Chronicles

The Saints are Coming - Canal Street Chronicles

You know this really bothers me we even talk about this, and I hate that the media makes this comparison. We are not qualified to go over what spygate was or was not.
But they force it down NO throats to make a comparison. Giving Mad fans in NO something to look foolish about. Truthfully we have no idea about the whole thing, but we know BB is a character guy. Im not happy about us giving opinions about this, it makes us look really stupid when we comment, and its what they want.

Dueling Scandals: 2012 Bountygate vs. 2008 Spygate - Canal Street Chronicles

CSC was a good site till Dave became a douche last year.

Signal stealing? I've seen morons claiming the Pats were taping opposing teams' locker rooms. :bricks:

I saw a bitter Colts fan on Facebook today screaming that the title the Saints won should be taken away. He also said that Spygate was a huge advantage for the Pats as well. I think part of the problem with spygate was the way the press covered it. Not just the never ending reporting on it, but how they reported it.

I saw a bitter Colts fan on Facebook today screaming that the title the Saints won should be taken away. He also said that Spygate was a huge advantage for the Pats as well. I think part of the problem with spygate was the way the press covered it. Not just the never ending reporting on it, but how they reported it.

why hasn't anyone done an expose' on how the pats would breakdown the tape and decipher 2 or 3 sets of signals,all at halftime, while the other team never changed defensive signals and how the pats have fallen off the map since and how much of a huge advantage it was ?

why hasn't anyone done an expose' on how the pats would breakdown the tape and decipher 2 or 3 sets of signals,all at halftime, while the other team never changed defensive signals and how the pats have fallen off the map since and how much of a huge advantage it was ?

Because it was made a big deal to prove a point, and the Patriots were to be made an example. The truth that other teams were doing it, even in college ball, was not important to the NFL. We taped defenses in NO. At least I know Mora did.
When you were forced to stop it, it didn't affect you at all, because it didn't matter when you have a brilliant coach like BB. He will always find a way to win, and give his team a chance. Patriots did what everyone was doing, and just assuming that because I know Mora did.

Last edited:
These decisions are as much about protecting the NFL from further litigation, as much as they are about setting an example.

Anything less would indicate that Goodell/NFL is not serious about policing themselves, which would great ammunition for anyone who sues due to the actions of the Saints Brain Trust..

Doesn't it just as readily place a big civil litigation bullseye directly on the NO organization? Is it note more of an attempt at some blame gamimg, while the rest of the teams and the NFL moonwalk away?

These decisions are as much about protecting the NFL from further litigation, as much as they are about setting an example.

Anything less would indicate that Goodell/NFL is not serious about policing themselves, which would great ammunition for anyone who sues due to the actions of the Saints Brain Trust..

Because it was made a big deal to prove a point, and the Patriots were to be made an example. The truth that other teams were doing it, even in college ball, was not important to the NFL. We taped defenses in NO. At least I know Mora did.
When you were forced to stop it, it didn't affect you at all, because it didn't matter when you have a brilliant coach like BB. He will always find a way to win, and give his team a chance. Patriots did what everyone was doing, and just assuming that because I know Mora did.

man , it's hard to dislike the saints(even with bountygate)with fans like this.

How do you know Mora did?

Filmmaker identifies Saints whistleblower? - New Orleans Saints - CBSSports.com RapidReports

Filmmaker/author Alan Donnes said Tuesday on America’s Radio News Network that former Saints defensive quality control coach Mike Cerullo was a whistleblower to the NFL about the Saints’ bounty program. Donnes described Cerullo as a disgruntled former employee who couldn’t find work after being let go after the 2009 season. Donnes said Cerullo believed Sean Payton and Gregg Williams blocked Cerullo from getting a job in the NFL. Cerullo is currently a football program aide at Connecticut. When contacted by CBSSports.com on March 9 concerning Bountygate, Cerullo said he had no comment.

How do you know Mora did?

Well its hard for me to prove now. Sure someone has all the tapes or news cast somewhere, I will look for one,but I remember seeing the news in NO at the time that Mora was there. It was a footnote really. No one really cared, so it was said off hand a few times, and I didn't think much of it. When the NFL charged the Pats years later I thought, well wait we were doing this also. So, I know we were doing it. I just don't know if we ever stopped.

Interesting Thou some have said and I agree CC is not even respected with us much, but the audio is telling. The interview is at the end.
If true, this may very well explain why NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and the league have been so tight-lipped about the 10,000 documents and 50,000 pages of evidence they claim to possess. This theory that Cerullo forged evidence would also seem plausible if it's true that, as Donnes revealed, "he believed that it was Gregg Williams and Sean Payton and others in the Saints organization blocking him from getting other work." That would be a potentially legitimate motive.

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2012/4/10/2940207/bountygate-evidence-may-have-been-fake

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back